Does Foley Have Brain One?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n89749 said:
The longer Muscramp is around the more recruits will decommit. WM was at the Apopka football game last Night recruiting. It's time for Foley to buy a jock strap even if he doesn't have anything to support. This is cruel and unusual punishment he is inflicting on the gator nation. All we want to know is who the next HC is. Muscramp needs to leave town ASAP. Saturday week with be a national embarrassment if he is around. Questions: Who is the most hard-headed? Must ramp Or Foley. It is beginning to make me sick. Enough is enough.

Gee do you think that the new guy will be announced immediately? So if he is fired how is that different from the point of view of recruits than now. Remember many play for their coach not for UF, so it is the same with him on the blazing seat to being fired.

Next with him still employed you can work behind the scenes if fired it will be more public.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n89771 said:
Heck, no one here or over on GSMB still can spell Charlie Weis' name. Has only one S, not two. Not defending Weis in any way, shape, or form, but as someone who has always had to spell my name out (Katz) b/c no one can spell it (Catz, Cats, Kats, Kantz, you name it), not being able to spell the name of a known person (I don't want to say "famous", but Fat Charlie is "known"), has always bothered me. Same way that Driskel's name always seems to be spelled by posters with two l's, not one.

I guess if I lived either back in Miami, where I was mostly raised, or up in NY or PA or NJ, no one would misspell my last name. But here in Savannah, in the South, there aren't a lot of us. Nonetheless, it's annoying. It's always annoyed my wife, and we've been married 32 years now - no one can spell her married name.

Well in my case I am a very poor speller (always have been), also sometimes am posting without a full keyboard which makes some things harder. But bottom line as long as a reasonable poster can understand spelling is not something I worry about. Now spell check helps but sometimes it is not avaiable (sp) like now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n89806 said:
Jesus Cheese and Rice! The kid has been here forever and you people still can't spell his name! There is no "U" in his name! It's D"E"bose! Good god!

He meant Jimmy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n89806 said:
Jesus Cheese and Rice! The kid has been here forever and you people still can't spell his name! There is no "U" in his name! It's D"E"bose! Good god!

jokeoverurhead_zps63078f7f.gif

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nope, Foley doesn't have brain one. He has brain 38, as in 38 combined national championships and All-sports Titles under his watch.

Here's Foley's brain, suck on this:

Florida NCAA Team Championships Under Foley (23)
Women's Track1992
Women's Tennis1992
Men's Golf1993
Football1996
Women's Tennis1996
Women's Tennis1998
Women's Soccer1998
Men's Golf2001
Women's Tennis2003
Men's Basketball2006
Football2006
Men's Basketball2007
Football2008
Men’s Indoor Track2010
Women’s Swimming & Diving2010
Men's Indoor Track2011
Women's Tennis2011
Men’s Indoor Track2012
Men’s Outdoor Track2012
Women’s Tennis2012
Gymnastics2013
Men’s Outdoor Track2013
Gymnastics2014

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n89898 said:
Nope, Foley doesn't have brain one. He has brain 38, as in 38 combined national championships and All-sports Titles under his watch.

Here's Foley's brain, suck on this:

Florida NCAA Team Championships Under Foley (23)
Women's Track1992
Women's Tennis1992
Men's Golf1993
Football1996
Women's Tennis1996
Women's Tennis1998
Women's Soccer1998
Men's Golf2001
Women's Tennis2003
Men's Basketball2006
Football2006
Men's Basketball2007
Football2008
Men’s Indoor Track2010
Women’s Swimming & Diving2010
Men's Indoor Track2011
Women's Tennis2011
Men’s Indoor Track2012
Men’s Outdoor Track2012
Women’s Tennis2012
Gymnastics2013
Men’s Outdoor Track2013
Gymnastics2014

You forgot Softball.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think if I had been AD during the same time frame we'd probably have the same trophy case. Maybe better, actually.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89905 said:
I think if I had been AD during the same time frame we'd probably have the same trophy case. Maybe better, actually.

But we probably wouldn't have Gatorchatter. So glad you decided on selling insurance instead of running the most dominant athletic department in the country for two decades.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89905 said:

Not likely, toolbox.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:sadnanner:

At any rate, I think we could/should have a dominant athletic department regardless of who the AD is. It's a premier, powerhouse school in a talent-rich area, which I'm sure pays quite well. Coaches fall all over themselves to work at UF.

Fellas, Foley is going to be gone soon, either retiring or taking Slive's job. What are you going to do then? Freak out? Do you honestly think we aren't going to be find and dandy? I'm not even in the slightest bit concerned.

The guy isn't infallible.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89917 said:

At any rate, I think we could/should have a dominant athletic department regardless of who the AD is. It's a premier, powerhouse school in a talent-rich area, which I'm sure pays quite well. Coaches fall all over themselves to work at UF.

Fellas, Foley is going to be gone soon, either retiring or taking Slive's job. What are you going to do then? Freak out? Do you honestly think we aren't going to be find and dandy? I'm not even in the slightest bit concerned.

The guy isn't infallible.

So if coaches are falling over themselves to be here, why did Meyer leave?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n89923 said:
So if coaches are falling over themselves to be here, why did Meyer leave?
Meyer won 2 titles in 6 years. Do you really want to use him as an example? You argue just to argue. What are you going to do when Foley retires? Break into heaving sobs?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89917 said:

At any rate, I think we could/should have a dominant athletic department regardless of who the AD is.

But we didn't before Foley, how do you reconcile that? We weren't winning championships in any sport, our football program was riddled with NCAA probation issues, our basketball team was a total joke, our teams played games on cow pastures for fields. Now that Foley has built the empire, sure, any knucklehead could go in there and look good.

We're going to get what we all want, Muschamp gone, I don't get the need to go all Tennessee fan and try to take out the AD too, especially when he's as good and universally respected as Foley.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
DC, Foley is going to take himself out. He's retiring. Are you going to be okay with that?

Whatever respect Foley built up over 20 years he's done tremendous damage to, right or wrong.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89925 said:
Meyer won 2 titles in 6 years. Do you really want to use him as an example? You argue just to argue. What are you going to do when Foley retires? Break into heaving sobs?

So you have no answer to my question, got it.

And you don't argue just to argue? Hell you exaggerate what people say just to get them to argue you more.

If Foley retires, I will be hoping we get an AD that was as successful or even more successful than Foley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.