Does Foley Have Brain One?

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89905 said:
I think if I had been AD during the same time frame we'd probably have the same trophy case. Maybe better, actually.

:lmao:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89928 said:
DC, Foley is going to take himself out. He's retiring. Are you going to be okay with that?

Whatever respect Foley built up over 20 years he's done tremendous damage to, right or wrong.

Yes, I'm okay with that. When it happens he should be showered with praise and gratitude for the overall job he has done.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n89932 said:
And keep in mind I would have started the job at age 16. I stand by my statement.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89925 said:
Meyer won 2 titles in 6 years. Do you really want to use him as an example? You argue just to argue. What are you going to do when Foley retires? Break into heaving sobs?

Why are you so protective of Meyer, who arguably caused tremendous damage to Florida, and certainly started the process of horrid talent on offense and a bust of a new coach in Muschamp, only to relentlessly attack Jeremy Foley who has given his life to Florida and has built an athletic program we all gloat about. It's some sort of perverse battered-wife syndrome love affair you have with Meyer, while detesting Foley. For an otherwise sharp dude, you're twisted up on this one.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n89941 said:
Why are you so protective of Meyer, who arguably caused tremendous damage to Florida, and certainly started the process of horrid talent on offense and a bust of a new coach in Muschamp, only to relentlessly attack Jeremy Foley who has given his life to Florida and has built an athletic program we all gloat about. It's some sort of perverse battered-wife syndrome love affair you have with Meyer, while detesting Foley. For an otherwise sharp dude, you're twisted up on this one.
Relentless attacks? Geez, you're exaggerating almost as much as I do. I don't "detest" Foley, but I do think he should be accountable for where we currently are as a program. He's done the program faaaaar more harm than Meyer did by keeping Muschamp after last season. Hell, Muschamp is still there now while the program burns! It's 100% inexcusible we are in the position we are right now, a laughingstock of college football. The worst recruiting class in decades. Does he not have any responsibility here?

Your stance that he can do no wrong is baffling to me. He screwed up, and infinitely worse, won't fix it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
cOXswain is correct. A cardboard cutout of Foley would be 75% as effective at the University Florida. As for the other 25% very few care. What matters is the subject at hand: football. And why can't Foley see what most of us see? Fire Champ now. There is no benefit to keeping him on the hook.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
oxrageous;n89917 said:
:sadnanner:

At any rate, I think we could/should have a dominant athletic department regardless of who the AD is. It's a premier, powerhouse school in a talent-rich area, which I'm sure pays quite well. Coaches fall all over themselves to work at UF.

Fellas, Foley is going to be gone soon, either retiring or taking Slive's job. What are you going to do then? Freak out? Do you honestly think we aren't going to be find and dandy? I'm not even in the slightest bit concerned.

The guy isn't infallible.
:drunk:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89945 said:
Relentless attacks? Geez, you're exaggerating almost as much as I do. I don't "detest" Foley, but I do think he should be accountable for where we currently are as a program. He's done the program faaaaar more harm than Meyer did by keep Muschamp after last season. Hell, Muschamp is still there now while the program burns! It's 100% inexcusible we are in the position we are right now, a laughingstock of college football. The worst recruiting class in decades. Does he not have any responsibility here?

Your stance that he can do no wrong is baffling to me. He screwed up, and infinitely worse, won't fix it.

Yes, in his 20+ years, Foley has had a few bad judgment calls, Muschamp being the most glaring. He's in the process of correcting that. He felt the need to give a 4th year based on a few major factors; when hiring Meyer, Meyer was concerned that Zook only got 3 years and that was very nearly a deal-breaker. As sorry as 2013 was, there was legitimate injury and depth issues which contributed to 4-8, and the depth issues were caused by the back-to-back weak recruiting classes when Meyer was on again/off again. This (2014) was the make or break year, and Foley has said that all along. Through 6 games, this is a done deal, Foley will lower the boom on Muschamp soon. In the meantime, Foley is making calls to Trace Armstrong (former Gator and Chip Kelly's agent), Bob Stoops and/or his representatives, etc. I guarantee you Foley isn't sitting back doing nothing right now. Muschamp is the reason the football program is screwed, with an assist to the way Urban left. Muschamp effed this up, not Foley. Foley will fix it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n89952 said:
Muschamp effed this up, not Foley.
If you're going to give Foley credit for all the titles, then he has to take the blame when it goes bad. You can't have it both ways. I could very easily say Meyer and Donovan won those titles, not Foley.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n89952 said:
and the depth issues were caused by the back-to-back weak recruiting classes when Meyer was on again/off again.
We had the #1 recruiting class in the entire nation in Meyer's last year.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89954 said:
If you're going to give Foley credit for all the titles, then he has to take the blame when it goes bad. You can't have it both ways. I could very easily say Meyer and Donovan won those titles, not Foley.

Likewise, you can't be braiding Urban Meyer's asshairs every time we look up without giving some props to the guy who hired him, right? You can't appreciate Billy Donovan in all his greatness without a tip of the cap to the guy who hired him. My position is; the totality of Foley's work far outweighs Will Muschamp's inability to field a competitive football team.

24 national titles in many multiple sports. His tenure has been about so much more than Will Freakin Muschamp.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My take is simple: Muschamp has been over his head since Day 1. Even in our 11-win season people knew it was a house of cards. It was blatantly obvious after our 4-8 season, regardless of any injuries, that Muschamp had absolutely no idea how to run a program. And I'm telling you right now that Foley damn well knew it, regardless of all the public gushing of our coach. He's not stupid. For whatever reason, whether it be money or his ego because it was his boy or the BS he tried to tell himself about firing Zook too soon, it didn't happen.

So we come into this season and and are arguably WORSE than last year. It's just astounding. And Muschamp is still around! Foley makes 7 freaking figures and has EARNED this criticism! He's not going to get fired, but he deserves to take some heat. Because the alumni and fan base are embarrassed, and they didn't have to be. Charlie Strong or James Franklin could have been our coach this season.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Foley's biggest mistake (other than hiring WM) was letting Meyer come back after this...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n89958 said:
24 national titles in many multiple sports. His tenure has been about so much more than Will Freakin Muschamp.
What about Zook? He doesn't count?

Since football pays for all the other sports and is what shines by far the biggest national light on the university, the coaching hires are weighted faaaar heavier than the Chess team coach. And you know that, DC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89955 said:
We had the #1 recruiting class in the entire nation in Meyer's last year.

9 of which transfered and 1 being kicked out (Dowling Nov 2010) before Muschamp's first season (10 by the end of his first season). The class what was highlighted by Ronald Powell (#1 recruit in the nation by some services). Dunbar who has we all know has been violently inconsistent. The last two years 2013 and this year have been hurt by those transfers and Muschamps complete miss on his first class in 2011 because they would be the upperclassmen of the last two years. Not an excuse, just fact.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89966 said:
And you already admitted you're related to Muschamp. Just fact.

When you don't have an argument, do you just go to they must be related? I guess if we are going that route.

And you already admitted you're related to Jameis Winston. Just Fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.