Don't Count Out Luke Del Rio

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
He was asked that question (about LDR) speaking at the Jax Gator Club. How do you expect him to answer it?

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
yeah none of the pre season talk matters. All that matters is who mac trots out there game 1. If its del rio, it will be epic in gatornation.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah none of the pre season talk matters. All that matters is who mac trots out there game 1. If its del rio, it will be epic in gatornation.
I will join forces with donkey, mjm, j, and all the other dumpers :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing isn't it?
They don't believe a thing he says unless they think it confirms their worst impressions.
I swear it's like no one has heard of "coachspeak" before :lol2:

I guess they expected him to say, "Del Rio? Del Rio? We're not talking Trask or Toney, we're talking Del Rio?!"

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The problem Del Rio will have is that he was skittish after the injury. If he can regain his composure and the line can develop, that may be our best chance to not lose games. Franks just isn't ready. Trask apparently is a pussy about stepping up, and Toney/Allen don't have experience, although I expect a small package of plays for Toney.

Probably a moot point. I can see our Oline improving, but it won't be close to Bama. What are the odds that Del Taco mans up and puts the injury behind him. Even if all goes well, we'll be lucky to crack the top 50, but probably the least amount of TO's of the group, which is sad to state as well.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why the hate for LDR?

Did he kick your dog?

If he's the best we have, play him.... if not sit him down.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why the hate for LDR?

Did he kick your dog?

If he's the best we have, play him.... if not sit him down.
:britney:

Because even when he was healthy, he was a turrible noodle arm. He has no business being an FBS QB.
Too much stock is put into the stats from the UK game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The problem Del Rio will have is that he was skittish after the injury. If he can regain his composure and the line can develop, that may be our best chance to not lose games. Franks just isn't ready. Trask apparently is a pussy about stepping up, and Toney/Allen don't have experience, although I expect a small package of plays for Toney.

Probably a moot point. I can see our Oline improving, but it won't be close to Bama. What are the odds that Del Taco mans up and puts the injury behind him. Even if all goes well, we'll be lucky to crack the top 50, but probably the least amount of TO's of the group, which is sad to state as well.

Top 50 of what? Total Offense? Hilarious! Baby steps, my friend. If we crack the top 50 that will be a 60+ place jump. It will be billed "the most improved offense in the country". NO f'ing way! I'd be surprised if this offense cracks the top 90, and that's still a 20+ spot jump.

People forget how bad Del Rio was. In the UMass game, the score was 10-7 in the FORTH QUARTER! Against North Texas he should have been out of the game and the back up should have been in, but we were struggling so bad he was still in the game....then got injured. He played well vs. UK, I'll give him that. But the Arkansas game pretty much sums up what Del Rio is (and don't give me the BS about him being injured. The fact that his integrity and selfishness prevented him from letting the training staff know he wasn't able to play says a lot about his character).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Top 50 of what? Total Offense? Hilarious! Baby steps, my friend. If we crack the top 50 that will be a 60+ place jump. It will be billed "the most improved offense in the country". NO f'ing way! I'd be surprised if this offense cracks the top 90, and that's still a 20+ spot jump.

People forget how bad Del Rio was. In the UMass game, the score was 10-7 in the FORTH QUARTER! Against North Texas he should have been out of the game and the back up should have been in, but we were struggling so bad he was still in the game....then got injured. He played well vs. UK, I'll give him that. But the Arkansas game pretty much sums up what Del Rio is (and don't give me the BS about him being injured. The fact that his integrity and selfishness prevented him from letting the training staff know he wasn't able to play says a lot about his character).
Hey, I said we'd be lucky, and that I didn't think it'd happen. You know, a best case scenario.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
no one is allowed to have a positive attitude.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.