Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
200.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Probably a moot point. I can see our Oline improving, but it won't be close to Bama. What are the odds that Del Taco mans up and puts the injury behind him. Even if all goes well, we'll be lucky to crack the top 50, but probably the least amount of TO's of the group, which is sad to state as well.

How many teams are close to Bama?

I have a lot of faith in our WR and RB, and I am believing the OL can make better holes than last year for the running game. I don't know if they can protect enough for a QB to make the necessary throws to use the WR effectively. However, my biggest fear is in the play calling. Yes, we have a big unknown at QB right now, and LDR would be a 'known' (if not wanted), but the OC is a bigger fear for me - even if the players can execute, will they be put in a position to do so?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone but Bart would earn a dislike for linking to that sht site.
I've looked and I couldn't find a similar article on any other site, touting "Don't count out Del Rio'. It was just good thread fodder and a little friendly :stickpoke: to URG. :lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many teams are close to Bama?

I have a lot of faith in our WR and RB, and I am believing the OL can make better holes than last year for the running game. I don't know if they can protect enough for a QB to make the necessary throws to use the WR effectively. However, my biggest fear is in the play calling. Yes, we have a big unknown at QB right now, and LDR would be a 'known' (if not wanted), but the OC is a bigger fear for me - even if the players can execute, will they be put in a position to do so?
I think there are a few teams out there close to Bama. My point wasn't to argue how many Olines are close to Bama, but that we are about two tiers below theirs. We need to make the jump to the next tier. Not sure it will happen, but I remain optimistic.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've looked and I couldn't find a similar article on any other site, touting "Don't count out Del Rio'. It was just good thread fodder and a little friendly :stickpoke: to URG. :lol:
Andreu set that schit up just right didn't he :lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Andreu set that schit up just right didn't he :lol:
:bwahaha:
I was laughing when I clicked the article because I knew it was Robbie that wrote it. I really haven't even read it - just posted it to the board, being more interested in reading the comments that followed.
:bananadance2:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Front page of the Sun SPorts section today............I meant to link it early..............but I have a life

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
“Feleipe is the guy right now,” he said. “We’ll see from there. At the same time, whoever gives us the best opportunity to win a game is going to be the quarterback.

You guys remember about a year or so ago when I initially pointed out Mac's insistence on peppering every sentence with the words "and yet"?

Is there any real doubt that he and/or his staff read this board. This is clearly an attempt at some new material.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys remember about a year or so ago when I initially pointed out Mac's insistence on peppering every sentence with the words "and yet"?

Is there any real doubt that he and/or his staff read this board. This is clearly an attempt at some new material.
:lol2:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So much for the deep post... I'm not going to make it thru the season if I have to watch del rio getting a hernia trying to chuck it 30 yards :mad:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So much negativity towards Franks comes from his first O & B game frequent interceptions. Franks was not "trained" to yet play CFB. Franks is ready enough given his athletic executions now. LDR is a substandard athlete and it would be for him that protective dump-off pass playbook would have to be installed, not for Franks.He will start out firing line drives to clearly open patterns. Then gaining confidence, he'll execute longer passes successfully. Our RBs will "plow", if needed, for 4-5 yards needed for the 1st downs that will keep our drives on course for TDs. From 10 yards out, this season, we'll have Franks running ability to run for it. Plus, overall, we'll have Toney to skitter through defenses throughout the drive. Cleveland will get open better (more frequently), giving Callaway better clearance than before. With Callaway, Cleveland, Massey, Toney, Hammond, etc. opposing defenses will be overstretched where Franks' strong throws will hit'em but LDR's throws will be closed upon by DBs already beaten.

Smothered by all this fatalism is the increased winning-power our superb collection of ready-to-peak athletes bring to the new kind of team we have for 2017-18. This team is ready to have the "fun" of beating all opponents. I want to be a fully positive fan, so I "will" myself to be excited for our 2017 Gators. That feels really better.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So much negativity towards Franks comes from his first O & B game frequent interceptions.
Yup, just like when Cam Newton had that horrible Spring Game, chucking ball after ball into the stands. I think it's fair to say that Franks is going to end up as good or better than Newton.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Just more confirmation that our coach, who once boasted he could win with his dog at qb, is no closer to having a stud qb now as he was 3 years ago. I don't know if I can sit through another season of is boring and embarrassing bottom 10 offense. Please help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you are our only hope.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just more confirmation that our coach, who once boasted he could win with his dog at qb, is no closer to having a stud qb now as he was 3 years ago. I don't know if I can sit through another season of is boring and embarrassing bottom 10 offense. Please help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you are our only hope.
tumblr_mgnyz3NBSi1qe5udso1_250.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator