Dumpers vs Pumpers Roll Call

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Are you a Pumper or a Dumper? We can usually tell by your predictions in the score threads. Lets make it official though.

I am a Pumper for the most part but also like to play devil's advocate so I can OWN and DESTROY the Haters and Complainers.

How's that OWNing and DESTROYing going this week?

PS I'm going to ask you this again next Saturday night around midnight....or Sunday morning.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So what you are saying is that you are a Dumper and that you are happy that we lost. What kind of Gator fan is that??!! LOL

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So what you are saying is that you are a Dumper and that you are happy that we lost. What kind of Gator fan is that??!! LOL

JBoss, none of us who are so called Dumpers on Butters hope that we lose. We want what is best for the players, but the difference is that we tend to watch games in a more evaluating way. 99% of the fans are just final score watchers and assume a win means things are great and a loss means the opposite. But a few of us like to look under the hood regardless of result and choose not to ride the emotional roller coaster on a weekly basis. Even after 3 wins in a row, most of us saw what was truly going on and how Butters mismanaged some key situations in those games. The results were irrelevant, just as the result to LSU was irrelevant in our judgment of Butters. He screwed up a few times on an elementary level again this past Saturday and his teams lack of discipline and attention to detail will never change. Call us dumpers if you want but we would take short term pain (i.e. Butters given his walking papers) for long term gain (i.e. a real head coach).

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kind of like when Sully could never win the CWS. The same old warts came about midway through the season like EVERY baseball season and people called for his head once again or hoped he would move along to another program. Gators turned it back on and WON the National Title. Sorry Devil's Advocate...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
JBoss, none of us who are so called Dumpers on Butters hope that we lose. We want what is best for the players, but the difference is that we tend to watch games in a more evaluating way. 99% of the fans are just final score watchers and assume a win means things are great and a loss means the opposite. But a few of us like to look under the hood regardless of result and choose not to ride the emotional roller coaster on a weekly basis. Even after 3 wins in a row, most of us saw what was truly going on and how Butters mismanaged some key situations in those games. The results were irrelevant, just as the result to LSU was irrelevant in our judgment of Butters. He screwed up a few times on an elementary level again this past Saturday and his teams lack of discipline and attention to detail will never change. Call us dumpers if you want but we would take short term pain (i.e. Butters given his walking papers) for long term gain (i.e. a real head coach).

Maybe some of you are like that. Others make some pretty outrageous comments interlaced with SOME truth.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Just throwing this nugget out there. If you include all of Zook's game and the Charlie Strong Peach Bowl, we have failed to score 20 points 10 times. However, Mac met that number in 2 years. I'd argue that Zook also had stiffer competition with '02 Miami, Fulmer's top 15 Tennessee programs, Richt's top-5 UGA programs, Saban at LSU, Tuberville at Auburn, Eli at Ole Piss...

Point is, Zook was bad, this offense is worse, WAY worse.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Kind of like when Sully could never win the CWS. The same old warts came about midway through the season like EVERY baseball season and people called for his head once again or hoped he would move along to another program. Gators turned it back on and WON the National Title. Sorry Devil's Advocate...

So.....your saying Mac will win a NC? Hahaha

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not here he is not cause he will be gone

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss won't survive the year. Unless the team totally tanks it, Mac will be back next year

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How's that OWNing and DESTROYing going this week?

PS I'm going to ask you this again next Saturday night around midnight....or Sunday morning.

I think JBoss is saturated with Gator fanship and is keeping that "lubricated" for when UF gets to "owning & destroying". That is a different category than Pumper = make the best of what we've got 'til better arrives. Who can "bad-mouth" that. JBoss causes me to see a Dumper standing like an orchestra conductor in front of the stands of game-cheering fans, yelling at them to stop cheering "don't you see our potential for failing with this HC?"

I understand being down on Mac (as I am) but I can't understand downing on fans like JBoss?? Then I realize the volleybull contest is what makes GatChat a success.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm always a Gator pumper. But I'm now a Mac n' crew dumper. I think the last couple of assistants he picked up are pretty darn good recruiters, and may actually be decent coaches, but now they've been around Mac and his aw shucks losing is ok attitude long enough to be corrupted by it too. Gonna have to clean house and start from scratch. Hopefully this time we spend the money on a real big time head coach that knows how to build a winning program. :sadnanner:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

What are your thoughts on UF baseball repeating as National Champs?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looking good for a repeat. Gotta see how the new pitchers do and see if we can get hot at the right time again. I look for JJ to bounce back and have a strong year. UF has made the CWS in 6 of the past 8 years. Only UF and UNC have EVER done that in the history of the CWS. In 10 years under Sully, UF has won 192 SEC games, the MOST in the conference. UF signed the #2 class in the Nation. UF has been in the top 8 in recruiting 9 years in a row. Gators have a TON of talent coming in and coming back so not making the CWS would be a disappointment BUT we have to see how the season goes and how injuries play out. Go Gators!!

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
We’ve sucked ever since Tebow graduated. It’s been miserable to watch since then.
We had a helluva run with the Urb/Tebow years for sure, but something about that era just left a huge stain in the administrative side of things and they have basically shyt the bed Fred with trying to find coaches that can take our talent and resources and deliver what is expected on the field. I mean, it ain't even close and people who want to point to back to back appearances in the SECCG are not seeing the whole picture. Everyone knows how bad this division is top to bottom and now it looks like Ugay is making it's move to the top and kicking ass in the process. I fully expect to get embarrassed in Jacksonville, I hope not but it doesn't look good. Truth be known we could be looking at 1-5 right now if not for 2 uncovered WR and a heave ho to the endzone. And please don't talk to me about suspensions because this stench has been around since last year so it ain't nothing new. For me it was obvious when he basically told Grier to transfer and almost bit Kelvins head off on the sideline, of course both players were not his recruits.

"Was I late? I don't know. ... I'd have to check my calendar. I recruit a bunch of guys. We had 24 guys in that recruiting class." Butters after being asked why he was two hours late for a meeting with Will to discuss his future at UF. He was busy recruiting FF.

When I went into Dana's office, he said to me, "Don't worry about anything. We're going to stick with you no matter what, even if you can't play the first six games of 2017. We want you." Holgerson.

You tell me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.