ESPN Picking UT to win the SEC East in 2015

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n177282 said:
It's pretty easy to predict that a guy who couldn't win a championship in Conf USA will never win a championship (even division) in the SEC.

Idle talk like that is just going to make his accomplishment that much sweeter. It will be as if he personally knocked on your door and slapped that dorky hat off your head.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n177252 said:
Obviously, ESPN is cognizant of our top tier recruiting, how Butch Jones has transformed the mindset and play of the Vol players the last two years and our finding a diamond in the rough star quarterback.

All kidding aside we're looking good.

I can see UT winning the ESPN Least.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Well, they should have beaten us last year for sure. They were impressive (I mean the fans). Very nice, square white and orange crowd pattern. Only problem is they couldn't get out of their own way on the field. It will be fun to embarrass them again.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Alvin York;n177287 said:
Idle talk like that is just going to make his accomplishment that much sweeter. It will be as if he personally knocked on your door and slapped that dorky hat off your head.

Oh this is sweet. The chimpmunk's head is nice and inflated again. It's so fun to watch him wallow when it gets punctured....AGAIN

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can see on paper why they think they might and Vegas is giving them decent odds in the SEC. That QB looks to be the real deal and they have a lot of young players that got experience this past season. I am glad we get them at home this season.

Dec 10, 2014
It's pretty flawed how much people are discounting the vols. They've had two top-five recruiting classes in a row. I don't know if they'll win the East or not, but they could win it. The fact that they could is a major development for them. They're an interesting team right now. Last year they were competitive in almost every game they lost. They did so with inferior talent to almost every opponent they played. However, butch has made pretty sorry coaching decisions. I think he's going to end up being much like Fulmer. Great talent and not so great game-day performance.Their program is trending right now.

Other programs in the East are fading (usc/uga/Vanderbilt/Kentucky). Tennessee is going to be competitive on talent alone. With Miles and Saban in the twilights of their respective careers and Malzahn seeming to have an interest in the nfl, it's a time period where a program (or two) can really pick up the reigns and control the conference for a time.

At the end of the day, the Gator game this year is a major, major game for Jones. He's coming in with a junior quarterback and talent at WR and RB. The OL for Tennessee is coming back intact I think. Have no clue about their defense, but it has to be better on talent alone. The pressure is on them. It's not a game he needs to win. But if he loses to us and Oklahoma beforehand, the fans will start to get restless. A loss this year to us and a loss next year could really direct the long-term future of the that program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Too Sidlike to read.

You can give a top 5 class to a coach who sucks, and the team still sucks. Bytch Jones sucked enough to lose to Derek Dooley and Chimp. Nuff said.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Disrespect is one thing but flat out stupidity is another.

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once and awhile.

Alvin would be even more insufferable if UT finds a way to win...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n177314 said:
Too Sidlike to read.

You can give a top 5 class to a coach who sucks, and the team still sucks. Bytch Jones sucked enough to lose to Derek Dooley and Chimp. Nuff said.

I agree. They've had top 20 classes forever, yet haven't sniffed a top 20 ranking in how long? They'll be 7-5 at best and then start the Gruden rumors...again.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
UT is our bitch and will always be our bitch....nothing to see here......

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This kinda reminds me of the brew-ha-ha after Ole Miss' recruiting day last year. Major haul, but did they win the West last year??? Hmmmm, nada. I don't think anyone is discounting the Viles and they will be competitive. BUT, they're (BSPN) is going al Dork on Bytch and he's won absolutely nothing, anywhere! One reason their class is rated so high. They signed 29 players. So yes the rating will be higher. UF's will be too as they will probably sign close to that next year. That team lost to Mushcramp in a game of who shats the bed the worst and Jones took that title. Virtually the same two teams come into Gainesville this season. Only difference, new ball coach on the sidelines and one who will probably have more offensive firepower. Same rinse and repeat for the Viles. My theory....if you couldnt beat UF with WM at the helm, things will not be any easier. I expect UT to come to Gainesville 2-0, perhaps 1-1. Nothing will change and odds are the streak will go to 11.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n177317 said:
Disrespect is one thing but flat out stupidity is another.

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once and awhile.

Alvin would be even more insufferable if UT finds a way to win...

That's OK, that's OK. We don't mind starting out like this....
the-blind-pig-bbq.jpg

As long as we end up like this.............
Hippo.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you do wind up like that. Fat Lulu standing in the middle of wet infestation Shat farm screaming at the top of your lungs all alone. Not the most telling sign of a victory.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you guys think Bytch Jones gets fired this year when he goes 6-6/7-5?

I dont. I think he gets one more year.

Hillbillies are slow.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Will Muschamp school of sideline demeanor

Attachments

• conv_2438.gif
    conv_2438.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 21

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n177355 said:
Do you guys think Bytch Jones gets fired this year when he goes 6-6/7-5?

I dont. I think he gets one more year.

Hillbillies are slow.

He'll get one more year, but that won't stop the Gruden rumors.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jones is an awful coach, but he gets at least two more years. Good for us.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Win first, then you can talk. But then you'd be on ignore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They are hemorrhaging money up there and the first thirty candidates have turned them down the last two times they tried to hire a coach. They are really in a bind, and it will be even worse next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.