ESPN Picking UT to win the SEC East in 2015

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Biotch Jones is a tool. That was some serious lowlife crap toothless pulled at the end of the game last year swatting the ball out of our centers hand and then acting like it was a fumble. Can't wait to push the streak to 11 at the swamp this year and watch the vol meltdown begin.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n177355 said:
Do you guys think Bytch Jones gets fired this year when he goes 6-6/7-5?

I dont. I think he gets one more year.

Hillbillies are slow.

WHEN UT loses in the Swamp this year they will start calling for his head. It is inevitable. They are done with a couple of buyouts. He will survive this year if he loses but will be gone the next.

Dec 10, 2014
oxrageous;n177382 said:
Jones is an awful coach, but he gets at least two more years. Good for us.

careful what you wish for. This guy isn't Dooley or Kiffen. He's more like a Fulmer in Fulmer's prime. Before Urban turned back the tide in '05, Tennessee was close to owning the series. I'm not saying jones is going to be a world beater but the dismissive attitude on this board is ridiculous.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n177462 said:
careful what you wish for. This guy isn't Dooley or Kiffen. He's more like a Fulmer in Fulmer's prime. Before Urban turned back the tide in '05, Tennessee was close to owning the series. I'm not saying jones is going to be a world beater but the dismissive attitude on this board is ridiculous.

Jones is a good coach and he is building Tennessee back. I am just being a realist here. McElwain is going to get the Gators back. I look forward to the UF versus UT rivalry getting back to the top. It is was a good rivalry in its heyday, very intense.

Dec 10, 2014
Okeechobee Joe;n177464 said:
Jones is a good coach and he is building Tennessee back. I am just being a realist here. McElwain is going to get the Gators back. I look forward to the UF versus UT rivalry getting back to the top. It is was a good rivalry in its heyday, very intense.

Agreed. I've been at almost all the games. Ppl on the board are insane to dismiss what Jones is doing. I hope everyone who is doing it is right though. I'd love to completely be wrong on this

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
No, people on this board are (mostly) Gator fans. Tennessee is going to have to win on the field before they get an inkling of respect. Hell, Muschamp went undefeated against them.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n177497 said:
No, people on this board are (mostly) Gator fans. Tennessee is going to have to win on the field before they get an inkling of respect. Hell, Muschamp went undefeated against them.

It doesn't make a damn what Butch did against the one man Florida Wrecking Crew, Will Muschamp. All you have to worry about is what he does against the new kid on the block, McElwain.

IMAGINE.

Just imagine a first year Gator Head Coach LOSING to TENNESSEE...........IN THE SWAMP!

The laughter from me would be so Satanic you would all morph into these guys that greet you at the expressway exits with "Work for Food" signs in their hands.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

No offense intended, but you're full of ****. What has this Sgt. Carter wannabe done that could possibly compare him to Fulmer in his prime?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I hope Jones wins enough games to remain the HC there. They are quickly becoming our new Kentucky....owned!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n177465 said:
Agreed. I've been at almost all the games. Ppl on the board are insane to dismiss what Jones is doing. I hope everyone who is doing it is right though. I'd love to completely be wrong on this

I don't think dismissing is the point of what most are saying. Butch has done nothing to indicate that he is building a power at UT. If you want to base it off of a class that he signed "29" of course you would have a high rating. In addition what have we seen that he can coach?? Losing and crapping the bed against Muscramp is a pretty good indication. We all have seen what coaches can do that can recruit and can't coach. Jones has yet to prove it. Will they be awful, not exactly. Will they be world beaters, perhaps not. UcheaT needs to show it on the field rather than all the usual offseason BS that is spread.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will say that last year they were probably the most competitive they have been in the past decade. That said, they still sucked. They will probably pull an upset or two (like when they beat the cocks). But winning the East? Sounds like somebody found the stash at the BSPN offices.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
careful what you wish for. This guy isn't Dooley or Kiffen.

It's true. Kiffen had one decent year, at USCw and Dooley of course was good enough to beat that twit. Bytch Jones has done nothing in his career.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All these unsolicited exclamations of scorn and bravado concerning Butch Jones and Tennessee. Looks to me what we've got here is a herd of little piggies afraid of the Big Bad Wolf.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN's pick speaks as much to the weakness of the SEC East as it does to whatever is brewing in Knoxville. Nevertheless, nothing stays the same forever. Eventually, we will lose a game to Tennessee, and it'll be sooner rather than later if Foley's second attempt at replacing Meyer meets a similar fate as the first one. We've seen two precious seasons go down the tubes.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n177605 said:
All these unsolicited exclamations of scorn and bravado concerning Butch Jones and Tennessee. Looks to me what we've got here is a herd of little piggies afraid of the Big Bad Wolf.

No one is afraid when you've won 10 in a row. Start working on your consolation speech when you lost, again!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I hope the whole state gets all cocky again and they make plans to have a huge celebration and we deflate their bubble once again. Thats fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator