Florida softball bows out quickly

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Gators play at 930pm tonight against UCLA
is this the winners game? when I went to bed FSU was leading UCLA and their Player of the Year 4 - 1. Did FSU blow that game? anyway I'd rather have the Gators play the Seminoles but either way it's a big game tonight if Florida wins they get a bye and a day off Saturday and then only have to win one game Sunday to make the championship series.

Although as others have pointed out the Pac-12 is a much better conference in the Big
My thoughts on the Reynoso tag - she correctly prioritized on catching a bad throw that took her into the base path. It's not like she caught the ball and then aimed to tag the player in the face.

Here's the play as broadcast -

Thanks so much. the contact was virtually unavoidable.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
UCLA came from behind and beat FSU who will play in the losers bracket on Saturday.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
is this the winners game? when I went to bed FSU was leading UCLA and their Player of the Year 4 - 1. Did FSU blow that game? anyway I'd rather have the Gators play the Seminoles but either way it's a big game tonight if Florida wins they get a bye and a day off Saturday and then only have to win one game Sunday to make the championship series.

Although as others have pointed out the Pac-12 is a much better conference in the Big

The noles blew it. Bad pitching change and 1st baseman not able to stretch to receive off target throws.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Gator shortstop Reynoso slapped a hard tag on the Gerogia runner stealing 2nd, smacked her right in the face. It was a perfect throw by Wheaton but Reynoso got called for obstruction because of the stupid rule imposed this year.
I don't know what your supposed to do stand behind the base and wait for the runner to slide in safe or go get the ball and slap a tag on her.like you've been allowed to do in softball and baseball for the last 125 years.

This obstruction rule sucks.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
If the Gators get production at the plate from young ladies like Jordan Roberts, Alicia Ocasio & Hannah Adams like they got against Georgia they're going to be a tough out. I'm just glad we're playing a team we haven't faced this year. UCLA is a young team full of talent. But their ace was gassed when that game was over last night. As hot as it is out there, she threw something like 160 pitches and if she throws tonight against a fresh Kelly Barnhill, we could have an advantage.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018

I actually think the throw was pretty good. It was on the 1st base side of the bag so the SS could just catch and apply the tag. Contact was unavoidable. I think it's a bad rule and the runner should have been out. She clearly was out except for the stupid obstruction rule.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This obstruction rule sucks.
Here's a picture of the play in question, how the F is this obstruction.
34309101_1371072522992352_4162990389877276672_n.jpg

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Ocasio only threw 80 pitches vs UGA. If needed, she will be more rested than the UCLA ace from last night's game.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Ocasio only threw 80 pitches vs UGA. If needed, she will be more rested than the UCLA ace from last night's game.
Barnhill's starting against UCLA. Book it. But Ocasio will definitely be available for relief if needed.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Not sure how much rest matters with softball pitchers.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heard a rumor from a good friend who is very connected in the women's college softball world. He basically said that there is a possibility that Tim Walton may take the Texas job.

I kept calling BS and telling me he was messing with me, but he may not be... he basically has a connection who is friends with Watson and that Watson has gushed about Texas and how it was an elite job and definitely did not say "no" to the possibility of being interested in it...

I don't see why he would leave UF... maybe uses it to get a new contract, but he has built a dynasty at UF and the fan support here at Texas is not better than UF. I really hope he was just trying to F with me.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Walton to Texas? Unless they are going to empty the bank, I can't see why he would leave what he's built here.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Not sure how much rest matters with softball pitchers.
The fatigue for softball pitchers starts with the upper legs. That's where they get their power. The pitching motion in softball allows them to pitch every day if their lower body is strong enough.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Heard a rumor from a good friend who is very connected in the women's college softball world. He basically said that there is a possibility that Tim Walton may take the Texas job.

I kept calling BS and telling me he was messing with me, but he may not be... he basically has a connection who is friends with Watson and that Watson has gushed about Texas and how it was an elite job and definitely did not say "no" to the possibility of being interested in it...

I don't see why he would leave UF... maybe uses it to get a new contract, but he has built a dynasty at UF and the fan support here at Texas is not better than UF. I really hope he was just trying to F with me.
The only job I could ever see Walton leaving for it would be Oklahoma and they're not losing their great coach anytime soon.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
As a team that is know for taking free stuff, I loved the end of the GA game. A number of walks and then a hit batter to end the game. Multiple ineffective GA pitchers used in the last inning. I was very happy.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Here's a picture of the play in question, how the F is this obstruction.
34309101_1371072522992352_4162990389877276672_n.jpg

Bad, bad rule. Bad. The defender is penalized for doing their F'ing job. So the throw's offline? Oh well, guess I'll just have to let it fly right on by me. F*cking stupid. That moron that called this should be embarrassed. If she didn't have the ball then sure, but she has the ball four feet out in front of the bag! That dwag wench was out by a mile! Stupid rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator