Franks named starter for Michigan game

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So Franks takes the 1st snap, then does Mac bench him for LDR the rest of the game?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
There's a variant of Godwin's Law here. Any and every football thread - and some others - will wind up with a "Fire Mac!" argument.

Doesn't matter if it's good news or bad, that's where it goes. The only question is how fast we get there.

It appears to have something to do with the ground speed velocity of an unladen donkey...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad this was the choice IF they actually give him a chance to play and develop. We were never going to contend for any titles this year so let him play and learn. Hopefully it will play dividends for next year.

However, I have serious doubts that will happen. If he struggles, he'll get yanked quickly for one of those other stiffs. Then it will be a QB carousel and distraction all season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad this was the choice IF they actually give him a chance to play and develop. We were never going to contend for any titles this year so let him play and learn. Hopefully it will play dividends for next year.

However, I have serious doubts that will happen. If he struggles, he'll get yanked quickly for one of those other stiffs. Then it will be a QB carousel and distraction all season.
He needs to get yanked quickly. The worst thing that can happen is for him to be on the field throwing 4-6 interceptions while we lose 62-6. His confidence may never recover.

From what (little) Ive seen he isnt close to ready. (Little meaning the spring games.) We always knew he was a project likely to need 3-4 years to develop, but he is also the only talented Qb on the roster.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to get yanked quickly. The worst thing that can happen is for him to be on the field throwing 4-6 interceptions while we lose 62-6.
I'd rather see that happen than see LDR get a single snap under any circumstances.

Hey Luke, since you're probably reading this: :moon:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather see that happen than see LDR get a single snap under any circumstances.

Hey Luke, since you're probably reading this: :moon:
We have other options unless Zaire is suspended too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have other options but not in Mac's mind. He loves himself some LDR and the possible future employment it may get him in the NFL.
I fully support his decision to seek NFL employment as soon as possible.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to get yanked quickly. The worst thing that can happen is for him to be on the field throwing 4-6 interceptions while we lose 62-6. His confidence may never recover.

From what (little) Ive seen he isnt close to ready. (Little meaning the spring games.) We always knew he was a project likely to need 3-4 years to develop, but he is also the only talented Qb on the roster.

Watching what other RS freshman have done in recent years I think we will know what we have in Franks pretty quickly. He has had 2 springs and 2 preseason camps to know what he is supposed to do. If he is a wreck he probably just isn't the answer but we are probably stuck with him or LDR next season because I doubt Allen will be ready then or a new true freshman.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
This is such good news I want to see what mac did with a top recruit for a year. Being down two top receivers is tough and in a big game I'm sure we'll see the ends catching a bunch but the important thing is direction. Are we heading the right way or not maybe we'll get an idea.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
But but... McElwain said he was going to start and play all 3...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator