FSU QB De'Andre Johnson suspended indefinitely

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n244536 said:
Maybe I missed something in the thread earlier, but is there anybody actually advocating that it is OK that he hit her?

Yes, multiple times. And not subtle about it either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n244511 said:
I can't give one without his permission.
He can't even change a thread title. Do you people even read the rules?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n244515 said:
Put down your popcorn, dubster, you're next. :lol:
Nah, you have Dubster all wrong. He is so smooth he never has to pimp slap a beyatch. He would have bought that redneck blonde a drink, and she would shagged him in her Geo Nova within the hour.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
How did I miss this? I don't condone violence against women but does anyone know what 250,000 battered women across the country have in common??? :whistle:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n244642 said:
How did I miss this? I don't condone violence against women but does anyone know what 250,000 battered women across the country have in common??? :whistle:

They all think you're a limp dick f*cking idiot?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As you might imagine, the consensus around town is that dumping him was the right thing to do...but she should be charged with assault as well.

I watched the video again and here is my take:

1. We don't know what the nature of the initial contact was between them...but it is apparent that it caught her attention.
2. We don't know the words exchanged between the two of them. State Attorney Willie Meggs discounted the racial slur theory on the news tonight...just saying...
3. She raised her right arm with sort of a fist...really hard to tell if that was an aggressive move on her part as that is not a normal striking. At this point, he can decide to back off and let it go.
4. He does not and chooses to grab that right arm. That is assault.
5. She now has the opportunity to back off and let things cool down...but does not, and tries to break away using her knee and a left handed punch. Cannot tell if any damage was done at this point.
6. He again has the opportunity to disengage and walk away. He does not...and we all know the status at this point.

When I was an underage drinker I tried to do all the things that made me look like I belonged there and none of the things that would call attention to myself. Obviously they don't teach kids that anymore. And doesn't any school athletic program (other than BYU) have a rule about their athletes being in a bar?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n244647 said:
They all think you're a limp dick f*cking idiot?

Wrong peter breath......The correct response would be just like you they don't know when to shut the **** up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n244648 said:
As you might imagine, the consensus around town is that dumping him was the right thing to do...but she should be charged with assault as well.

I watched the video again and here is my take:

1. We don't know what the nature of the initial contact was between them...but it is apparent that it caught her attention.
2. We don't know the words exchanged between the two of them. State Attorney Willie Meggs discounted the racial slur theory on the news tonight...just saying...
3. She raised her right arm with sort of a fist...really hard to tell if that was an aggressive move on her part as that is not a normal striking. At this point, he can decide to back off and let it go.
4. He does not and chooses to grab that right arm. That is assault.
5. She now has the opportunity to back off and let things cool down...but does not, and tries to break away using her knee and a left handed punch. Cannot tell if any damage was done at this point.
6. He again has the opportunity to disengage and walk away. He does not...and we all know the status at this point.
If you admit he grabbed her arm first then why would you say she should be charged with assault as well? At that point she's defending herself.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry for not being clear. I don't think she should be charged. Regardless of what the initial contact was, and regardless of what words were spoken between them, once he grabbed her arm (assault) she has the right (if not the ability) to defend herself.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n244538 said:
Yes, multiple times. And not subtle about it either.

OK, I haven't read through the whole thread...

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n244780 said:
OK, I haven't read through the whole thread...
Let's just say I wouldn't recommend drinking any cocktail offered to me by Alcoholica, Dub, or Crete.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just so you guys understand....

In Florida "assault" is when somebody legitimately frightens you with the threat of imminent violence. If I threaten you with a knife, that is assault with a deadly weapon. If we're talking on the phone long distance it's not assault because I'm not in a position to make good on my threat.

"Battery" is an unwanted, unprivileged touching. If I pinch your ass or slap your face against your will, that is battery.

So if I shake my fist in your face and then punch you, it is assault and battery. If I punch you from behind and you don't see it coming, it is just battery.

An innocent bump in a crowded bar or elevator is not a battery.

Is her right hand in the air an assault? For one, I don't think it's a cocked, clenched fist and regardless, I don't think it put him in legitimate fear of anything. Clearly, Willie Meggs agrees.

Him forcibly grabbing her wrist and hair and pinning it against her chest/throat is a battery.

Her lashing out trying to free herself from his grasp is privileged...it's self defense.

His punching her is another battery.

Alex.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
AlexDaGator;n244812 said:

In Florida "assault" is when somebody legitimately frightens you with the threat of imminent violence. If I threaten you with a knife, that is assault with a deadly weapon. If we're talking on the phone long distance it's not assault because I'm not in a position to make good on my threat.

"Battery" is an unwanted, unprivileged touching. If I pinch your ass or slap your face against your will, that is battery.

So if I shake my fist in your face and then punch you, it is assault and battery. If I punch you from behind and you don't see it coming, it is just battery.

Is her right hand in the air an assault? For one, I don't think it's a cocked, clenched fist and regardless, I don't think it put him in legitimate fear of anything. Clearly, Willie Meggs agrees.

Him forcibly grabbing her wrist and hair and pinning it against her chest/throat is a battery.

Her lashing out trying to free herself from his grasp is privileged...it's self defense.

Alex.

I had the same arguement with an F$U fan the other day. He was trying to tell me that he was defending himself and I asked him from what a buzz? That is why this board rocks it has a lot of people with great knowledge to the board, some that make you laugh, and others that are well just mental.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n244812 said:

Alex.

Can't you be charged with assault with a deadly weapon if you brandished a toy gun that looked real, and the victim thought it was real?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In a new turn, the female victim just got a full scholarship to Clemson. Go figure ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.