FSU RB Karlos Williams being investigated for domestic abuse

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n92079 said:
Counting down the days/hours/minutes/seconds until FSU fans start labeling Karlos' pregnant girlfriend as a jersey chaser, gold digger, liar, whore, etc.

You know she is just a "cleat chaser" in it for the payoff... :bwahaha:

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Jimbo was upset that false report got out that he was suspended. Ha! He was probably like, battery, rape, Nah, we will just handle that internally with running a few stadium steps. No reason to bog down the legal system here in Tally with such minor crimes.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n92079 said:
Counting down the days/hours/minutes/seconds until FSU fans start labeling Karlos' pregnant girlfriend as a jersey chaser, gold digger, liar, whore, etc.

It has begun...comments on espn article (she's crazy and so forth). Also, seen some people calling out for ESPN "slandering" the poor FSU football players.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Jimbo is probably talking with Pete Carroll as to how to escape the law and get a better job. Difference with Jimbo...it's more than the
NCAA looking at them.

Enjoy the ride Jimbo...sleep well

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n92064 said:
:facepalm: Jimbo needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. What an embarrassment he is!

You would think a 40 something year old guy going by Jimbo would be enough embarrassment.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n92105 said:
You would think a 40 something year old guy going by Jimbo would be enough embarrassment.

Really! Don't you take a more professional name of Jim, or James or Anything at about 21?

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n92051 said:
Front page of ESPN now. I'm sure all the fsu fans are saying "blamejameis". What's the over/under on the fan base blaming this on espn and the overrated SEC?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...s-being-investigated-alleged-domestic-assault

Exactly what I was thinking. The best defense is a good offense.

You know, back in the pre-Jimbo days Bobby would have had a guy run stadium steps for domestic abuse. Maybe even have to run 'em twice for rape.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This just in ....Jimbo said its a he said she said case. We need him to play. Case closed!

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n92049 said:
Domestic Abuse
Pregnancy
domestic disturbance.... Refuge house
Filming of Sex with the Rapeist...

Buuuuuuut... these are just "kids" some would say... Don't you dare boo these little darlings...:lmao:

What does this have to do with the discussion on booing UF players? Our players were being booed for their performance, not off-field crimes. Please connect the dots here, because you've lost me. It appears you are arguing that FSU players committing crimes makes our players not kids, and therefore can be booed.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Swamp Queen;n92064 said:
:facepalm: Jimbo needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. What an embarrassment he is!

This.

Are there no PR people at fsu? How are the allowing him to continue to doing this?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n91573 said:
Wake me up when something is actually done. Is there any doubt that F$U/Tally is in the top 3 of the dirtiest run athletic programs/local governments in the country? Has been for 25 years.

I understand. The thing is with something like domestic abuse little steps are big steps. Jameis case mishandling plus NYT coverage, plus NFL stuff on abuse this summer and fall plus the title IX drive in general, and oh joy today the karlos williams accusation has some legs- all of this has set the stage for Baldwin to speak out and get press. Awareness, education , bring the mishandling into the light are all steps. She is a strategetist. I know her enough to know she has been waiting and looking for opportunities, and she is well connected enough to have some influence. Does that mean it changes right away? No. but groundwork is being laid with a purpose.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Local news reporting on it this evening...in two stories. Now this is sort of unprecedented around here...they will usually say enough to say they covered it...but they are actually covering the stories and interviewing people. Perhaps in preparation for more serious findings...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile, FSU fans blame espn, the sec, UF fans, national media and the majority of college football fans for being biased against FSU, hating on these good Christian kids, and "not waiting till all the facts come out" but have no problem with their coach swearing jameis, williams, wilson, fill-in-blank, is a choir boy who helps old ladies across the street, says his prayers every night and is completely innocent of everything because ironicaly he "knows all the facts."

I feel like someone should make a meme for this. "Constantly claims bias and rants about passing judgement without facts, has no problem with head coach swearing kid is innocent."

That guy, who's a tremendous kid, a tremendous ambassador, I don't even know where that [suspension report] would come from. It kind of caught me off guard like 'Whoa.' Karlos has been wonderful."

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n92037 said:
Meg Baldwin is laying cover for the Refuge House in a truthful manner. Without notice, they have no chance to get involved. I believe she is speaking up because there is a huge volume of incidents known by the local and campus police...Title IX investigators are finding that the extent of this problem is campus-wide.

Yes. She has mentioned this in past NYT articles. She was more specific in the 2nd NYT article. And now has been able to take the next step of meeting with TPD with a modicum of power because of all the national awareness of tallahassee mishandling in the midst of a climate in which both NFL and federal govt have decided for their own reasons to get vocal about the subject. Of course Refuge House has been aware of this dynamic for 9 years, or however long the Center has been around. This is the first real public break she has had. And she won't look at it like a social worker. She is looking at it like a very intelligent lawyer with a view toward using whatever she can get out of all this to obtain the most change possible at any given time, and she will have all the legal angles to the subject to scheme with.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n92058 said:
Tallahassee is like Mexico, you can't trust anyone in any position of authority, the police and the administration cover up anything that will harm the athletic programs at The Institute of Clownology.

It seems to operate through the informal networks

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n92091 said:
It has begun...comments on espn article (she's crazy and so forth). Also, seen some people calling out for ESPN "slandering" the poor FSU football players.

They can believe she is crazy if they want, but it has occurred right when the shelter director is about to address a long term systemic problem with TPD. They will need to have their lawyer there or she will totally outmaneuver them. The mishandling of winston, and others since, which thanks to the winston case has been more public than normally it would be, has set things in motion. Also the photos are out already picked up by a site along with her comments about being abused. She may recant, but then again, she might not, as I am guessing Refuge House probably has some excellent pro bono lawyres for threats on custody, etc.

And according to a previous fluff piece earliier on what a great guy and father Williams is, she is also an FSU student, hence I would think title IX might cover her case as well. They have lived together a few years and this is their 3rd child. She makes it clear from her statement, assuming it is true, that this was not the first time. There will be a lot of pressure on her to drop accusation, and she may become ambivalent as time goes on, but in the larger context of the preferential treatment of athletes who commit crimes, the genie is out.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n92223 said:
This.

Are there no PR people at fsu? How are the allowing him to continue to doing this?

Meet Mindy. She's a sophomore majoring in public relations and is interning this semester as the head of the FSU PR department. I hear she's very qualified, spunky and makes delicious brownies.

images

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
divits;n92314 said:
Meet Mindy. She's a sophomore majoring in public relations and is interning this semester as the head of the FSU PR department. I hear she's very qualified, spunky and makes delicious brownies.

images

That explains it. Even as you--one of our most respected posters--are praising her skillset and positive features, she's subtly mocking your avatar picture with her hand. The lack of respect is appalling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator