FSU RB Karlos Williams being investigated for domestic abuse

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
NavetG8r;n92625 said:
Sorry for hijacking such a great thread, but this just isn't even remotely possible. Someone is bad at fact checking.

It is possible if it's retirement due to some disability acquired in service. I see it all the time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yea, we have a fully retired E5 in our office who was/is a marine. He got a full med retirement about 7 years in due to combat wounds he sustained. The kid is like 28.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If they were medically discharged, they are not retired. They are medically discharged and receiving some percentage of disability. Not retirement. There is a difference. They may call themselves retired, but afaik it's not the same. I'd have to see their retired military ID cards to believe it.

P.S. A lot of medically discharged veterans receive more monthly pay than I do as a retiree. We won't go too far into how I feel about that, but it's true.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n92519 said:
Again we have incorrect reporting about Winston. FSU had NOTHING to do with the sexual assault allegation until August of this year. Winston was never charged and n complaint was made to FSU about Winston until August of this year. That is a fact. FSU can't investigate someone without them being charged or a complaint made against them. The accuser refused repeated requests by FSU to be interviewed about her accusation. She only did so this August, 20 months after the alleged incident. Why did she wait so long? I think I know why, but that's just an opinion, like most everything else in the witch hunt on Winston. The fact is that this woman waited 20 months to do anything that would initiate an investigation by FSU. Guess what , sports fans, the facts haven't changed. The woman was not credible the day she first reported it. She was not credible nearly a year after, after Winston was a star, when the police again investigated her claim, and she's still not credible when she first went to FSU in August of this year.

I know you believe this, but you have been thoroughly misinformed. As swamp queen said, this thread is not about winston.

Until the title got altered , this thread was not only about Karlos Williams, another accusation of violence coupled with a poor institutional response. The other purpose in posting it were 1 the local news was willing once again to cover this topic. and 2,the opportunity for Meg Baldwin to bring the festering issue of FSU athletic domestic abuse and breaks in TPD protocol with the handling of domestic abuse cases in relation to Refuge House, s well as continued abuse of same victims by FSU football players which non action by FSU and TPD has ongongly implicitly condoned. This is a multi year problem which until now had no external pressure to help provide accountability to FSU and TPD. It is part of the larger collusion and habitual practice between FSU football program and TPD personnel to shield, not legitimately investigate, or arrest FSU football players who have been caught in the act or accused to poilce and proper authorities of committing serious crimes.
Part of my point was the high Winston profile and FSU's arrogance in thumbing its nose at an appearance of ethical procedures has resulted in the opportunity for the Refuge House Director who is well known for being a respected ( at FSU also) solid no nonsense fact based local attorney to finally seize a moment in time in which she can address a LONG TERM problem with TPD while outside interests are interested in monitoring. The Karlos Williams incidents are merely the LATEST publicly known incidents.

And don't spew crap about the number of UF player arrests in past. GPD is the antithesis of TPD. They tend to charge above the actual seriousness of offense and arrest , not cite.. They don't just hand you a citation for open containe here. Arrests have been made for, throwing a sandwich, throwing a paper cup. UPD considered "squaring off" assault or battery. Barking at a non working police dog and being lightly shoved around on the hood of a police vehicle by 3 officers for ongoing minutes while being passive under the guise of being handcuffed ( from video within car) became resisting arrest and interfering with a police dog in the performance of duty- a serious crime. How do you think $4000 of BB gun damage, or possession of BB gun, disturbance in burger king, theft from publix would have been handled here?
Also, fyi, Treon Harris told the truth about 24 hour open Waffle House being closed that night. Do you think he didnt know waffle house is typically not closed at night? The police know that was a true statement, not because they took his word or the word of witnesses for it, but because they checked out the story in a timely way.. Drove there, saw the closed for renovations sign, gathered the surveillance video that validated the testimony of inhabitants in both cars. Followed procedures. Hmmm. what a novel idea. The lack of that performance of duty is why the country is looking and talking about FSU, TPD. Also, I am guessing you are a student, because if you lived in the community, you should know that accusations of malfeasance, local media coverage, call for investigations of TPD are an old story in Tallahassee. The police chief was replaced in the last year or 2 because of it.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n92619 said:
You think he helps? :crazy:

I just put him on ice again.

Threads started or contributed to by Alvin, Canethong, Sidiot, etc. almost always have pretty high post counts. Take a look at the number of people who quoted "ntcrze." Sure doesn't hurt.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n92682 said:
I know you believe this, but you have been thoroughly misinformed. As swamp queen said, this thread is not about winston.

Until the title got altered , this thread was not only about Karlos Williams, another accusation of violence coupled with a poor institutional response. The other purpose in posting it were 1 the local news was willing once again to cover this topic. and 2,the opportunity for Meg Baldwin to bring the festering issue of FSU athletic domestic abuse and breaks in TPD protocol with the handling of domestic abuse cases in relation to Refuge House, s well as continued abuse of same victims by FSU football players which non action by FSU and TPD has ongongly implicitly condoned. This is a multi year problem which until now had no external pressure to help provide accountability to FSU and TPD. It is part of the larger collusion and habitual practice between FSU football program and TPD personnel to shield, not legitimately investigate, or arrest FSU football players who have been caught in the act or accused to poilce and proper authorities of committing serious crimes.
Part of my point was the high Winston profile and FSU's arrogance in thumbing its nose at an appearance of ethical procedures has resulted in the opportunity for the Refuge House Director who is well known for being a respected ( at FSU also) solid no nonsense fact based local attorney to finally seize a moment in time in which she can address a LONG TERM problem with TPD while outside interests are interested in monitoring. The Karlos Williams incidents are merely the LATEST publicly known incidents.

And don't spew crap about the number of UF player arrests in past. GPD is the antithesis of TPD. They tend to charge above the actual seriousness of offense and arrest , not cite.. They don't just hand you a citation for open containe here. Arrests have been made for, throwing a sandwich, throwing a paper cup. UPD considered "squaring off" assault or battery. Barking at a non working police dog and being lightly shoved around on the hood of a police vehicle by 3 officers for ongoing minutes while being passive under the guise of being handcuffed ( from video within car) became resisting arrest and interfering with a police dog in the performance of duty- a serious crime. How do you think $4000 of BB gun damage, or possession of BB gun, disturbance in burger king, theft from publix would have been handled here?
Also, fyi, Treon Harris told the truth about 24 hour open Waffle House being closed that night. Do you think he didnt know waffle house is typically not closed at night? The police know that was a true statement, not because they took his word or the word of witnesses for it, but because they checked out the story in a timely way.. Drove there, saw the closed for renovations sign, gathered the surveillance video that validated the testimony of inhabitants in both cars. Followed procedures. Hmmm. what a novel idea. The lack of that performance of duty is why the country is looking and talking about FSU, TPD. Also, I am guessing you are a student, because if you lived in the community, you should know that accusations of malfeasance, local media coverage, call for investigations of TPD are an old story in Tallahassee. The police chief was replaced in the last year or 2 because of it.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just tell him to STFU?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n92691 said:
Wouldn't it have been easier to just tell him to STFU?
In part, he is misinformed. Not everyone is totally closed minded. Telling him to STHFU does not inform him or remind him that this is a long term systemic problem and goes way beyond current football players He can choose to not believe it or ignore it Every now and then, kernels of fact make their way like seeds into people's minds or hearts and germinate.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n92704 said:
In part, he is misinformed. Not everyone is totally closed minded. Telling him to STHFU does not inform him or remind him that this is a long term systemic problem and goes way beyond current football players He can choose to not believe it or ignore it Every now and then, kernels of fact make their way like seeds into people's minds or hearts and germinate.

He is a nole troll. He will always be misinformed.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n92704 said:

You should take note of who the trolls are, and do your best not to feed them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n92680 said:
If they were medically discharged, they are not retired. They are medically discharged and receiving some percentage of disability. Not retirement. There is a difference. They may call themselves retired, but afaik it's not the same. I'd have to see their retired military ID cards to believe it.
P.S. A lot of medically discharged veterans receive more monthly pay than I do as a retiree. We won't go too far into how I feel about that, but it's true.

Pretty sure there is such a thing as a full medical "retirement." Guys that have limbs blown off in combat or suffer permanent TBI are not all simply discharged and paid for life. Many, (like the guy who works in my office) maintain a retired ID card, have full military benefits (not just disability pay and healthcare) for life and maintain the last rank they achieved with "Retired" following it. The guy in my office does just that, he is a "SGT Retired". I asked him for clarification and he confirmed that he is not medically discharged, but USMC retired with full retirement benefits and pay. Just FYI, I work for the DoD and he has a navy issued email address and biz cards that specifically state "retired" so I don't think he's just blowing smoke to an ignorant private sector employer.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n92597 said:
Web traffic.

Sid and Canething had people coming back just to see what idiocracy they would come up with next just like people slow down to stare at car wrecks.

This guy is about as entertaining as eating rat poison.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
so let me get this straight, getting my buttons pushed by responding to him with STFU or some other personal hostility as several did is not rising to the bait, but agreeing with swamp queen that his post was irrelevant and stating what it was actually intended to be about is. ? Got it. You don't have to read what I write.and I imagine you don't as it is often not one or 2 lines. And that's OK. To me, rising to the bait would have been getting into an argument with him about specifics of winston's case and that is not what this thread was about. or my post to him. I'll write what I feel like writing.

You could have chosen to comment on the ongoing systematic protection of FSU athletes, the effects or lack of effects of larger exposure of that system and effect of the new incident on opportunities for some forced change or some other aspect of the big picture, or Karlos Williams,or something else I wrote or not at all. Instead you warned me about trolls like I don't know what that is. . Thank you, but I am a big girl. I have enough sense to not waste my time in ongoing troll arguments. I stated what I had to say . Going to work now, be back tonight.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n92728 said:
Sid and Canething had people coming back just to see what idiocracy they would come up with next just like people slow down to stare at car wrecks.

This guy is about as entertaining as eating rat poison.

Thanks for proving my point

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n92782 said:
so let me get this straight, getting my buttons pushed by responding to him with STFU or some other personal hostility as several did is not rising to the bait, but agreeing with swamp queen that his post was irrelevant and stating what it was actually intended to be about is. ? Got it. You don't have to read what I write.and I imagine you don't as it is often not one or 2 lines. And that's OK. To me, rising to the bait would have been getting into an argument with him about specifics of winston's case and that is not what this thread was about. or my post to him. I'll write what I feel like writing.

You could have chosen to comment on the ongoing systematic protection of FSU athletes, the effects or lack of effects of larger exposure of that system and effect of the new incident on opportunities for some forced change or some other aspect of the big picture, or Karlos Williams,or something else I wrote, ,but you chose to warn me about trolls. Thank you, but I am a big girl. I have enough sense to not waste my time in ongoing troll arguments. I stated what I had to say. Going to work now, be back tonight.

WTF are you talking about??? :lol:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n92784 said:
Thanks for proving my point

There is a big difference between ntcrze and Sid/CaneThing and heck even Alvin.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n92786 said:
Originally posted by Jenny On The Railroad View Post

You could have chosen to comment on the ongoing systematic protection of FSU athletes, the effects or lack of effects of larger exposure of that system and effect of the new incident on opportunities for some forced change or some other aspect of the big picture, or Karlos Williams,or something else I wrote, ,but you chose to warn me about trolls. Thank you, but I am a big girl. I have enough sense to not waste my time in ongoing troll arguments. I stated what I had to say. Going to work now, be back tonight.

WTF are you talking about??? :lol:

Do you think she knows we are on her side?

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n92792 said:
There is a big difference between ntcrze and Sid/CaneThing and heck even Alvin.

Probably, except everyone comes back to see them makes complete asses of themselves. They fully have that in common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator