Gators on track for worst ranking in the Rivals era

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The title thread is accurate as Rivals first published rankings in 2002. However, this class would have to fall yet further in the rankings to become the worst ranked Florida class in the 2000's.

The 2001 class had a total of 17 players. The 247sports composite team ranking (which averages the major recruiting services rankings) ranked the class 47th in the nation.

Yeah, but as Law and others have pointed out, 2001 was a transition year. 2016 is Mac's 3rd class when there shouldn't be any reason for us to be doing so poorly. To try and spin this (or split hairs if that is your intent) by bringing up 2001 is just silly.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Yeah, but as Law and others have pointed out, 2001 was a transition year. 2016 is Mac's 3rd class when there shouldn't be any reason for us to be doing so poorly. To try and spin this (or split hairs if that is your intent) by bringing up 2001 is just silly.

I agree entirely that transition years are different.

I was not trying to spin or deflect anything. I simply brought up 2001 because of the thread title. It's technically correct because Rivals didn't begin until 2002, but the sentiment that this is the single worst class on record is incorrect. First, there is no class yet as signing day has not arrived. Second, there was a lower ranked class in the not so distant past. The fact that it was a transition class does make a difference.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
That's not a real ranking. They only have 1 guy out of 17 rated. You think we signed 16 zero star guys?

I didn't delve into what they have each player ranked as far as stars. I went through every year and looked at the team ranking. The 2000 team rankings show the Gators #2 with three 5*s, etc. Same with every other year. Why would that one year be inaccurate?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
we are at the point that this constant stuff is just non productive, even on a message board
Give me an example of anything, positive or negative, ever discussed on a sports message board, that resulted in anything productive in real life... anything... I'll hang up and listen.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Can't blame it all on the kids. Muschamp and his coaching staff had a lot to do with it after they were signed.

Amen. I completely agree with this.

I still think Driskell could have been a pretty good QB if he hadn't had the misfortune of playing for a coach that hated offense.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How could anyone possibly answer that question with any certainty?

Serious question, why do I scare you so much?

I was asking for your opinion. You don't scare me at all. I think you're an idiot, personally. You seem too invested in deflecting criticism from Mac to be taken seriously. Mac sucks out loud and the countdown is on until he's fired. There's little you can do to stop it.

Another hack football hire from Foley.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I was asking for your opinion. You don't scare me at all. I think you're an idiot, personally. You seem too invested in deflecting criticism from Mac to be taken seriously. Mac sucks out loud and the countdown is on until he's fired. There's little you can do to stop it.

Another hack football hire from Foley.

I don't buy it. You act as though I am a personal threat to you. I promise that my way of thinking won't have any tangible effect on your life or the Gators football program. Even though we don't often agree, there is no reason to be scared of me. You can stop with the insults and angry tone.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't buy it. You act as though I am a personal threat to you. I promise that my way of thinking won't have any tangible effect on your life or the Gators football program. Even though we don't often agree, there is no reason to be scared of me. You can stop with the insults and angry tone.

LOL. Ok. You're still dodging my question...and just take a stab at it...why is Mac the worst recruiter in the UF modern era?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
There's little you can do to stop it..

I have no input on this decision one way or the other. It's not that there is little I can do, there is literally nothing I can do.

On the flip side, you are as equally powerless as am I. There is nothing either of us can do except discuss the matter while we wait to see what happens.

I have no false perceptions that I am in any way in control.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
LOL. Ok. You're still dodging my question...and just take a stab at it...why is Mac the worst recruiter in the UF modern era?

It's an odd question given the context of this thread. You've changed the angle of attack a little here. I think what you are doing is probing the perimeter and trying to find a weak spot to concentrate on.

It's actually a pretty good move. I'll bite though.

There is no way to answer the question as worded. It's a veiled question designed to get me to deny that Mac is the worst recruiter.

It appears that this class is going to land somewhere around 15. It is historically unusual for a Gators coach to have three consecutive classes without one landing in the top 10. It is also highly unusual for a Gators coach to miss out on so many top ranked players.

There is no way we can tell if Mac is actually the worst recruiter until the players he signs have ended their careers. It may turn out that his classes were much like Clemson's recent classes (ranked in the teens yet played for championships). However, given the information that we currently have it would appear that the worst recruiter title may be appropriate.

As to the why, again I don't think that is a question any of us could answer.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Give me an example of anything, positive or negative, ever discussed on a sports message board, that resulted in anything productive in real life... anything... I'll hang up and listen.
Oh, and I often chuckle at the melt downs....gets me through the day...

And sometimes hurts like **** when I squirt coke through my nose.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, and I often chuckle at the melt downs....gets me through the day...

And sometimes hurts like **** when I squirt coke through my nose.
I totally agree with that, but what that means is we should keep up the b*tching an complaining b/c its great entertainment. Unfortunately that's the exact opposite of what coof wants; which is my entire point.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My sources say that we will be luck to sign 14 and that INCLUDES two of the recruits dogs so this is looking bad peeps...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't delve into what they have each player ranked as far as stars. I went through every year and looked at the team ranking. The 2000 team rankings show the Gators #2 with three 5*s, etc. Same with every other year. Why would that one year be inaccurate?
Im not sure if you are serious here?

Why would ratings from a service that didnt even exist for a decade, that show almost every player signed for even the top 10 classes were all zero stars?

We have never been reduced to taking FIU, UAB, and Houston Baptist recruits. We have never been this bad even in a transition, and never three years ina row.

Youre the last person in the know on this man. Everyone sees what is going on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.