Gators part ways with DB coach Kirk Callahan

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gridiorn Now has a story saying they hear UF will move Tim Skipper to DB and hire away JaJuan Sender as RB.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gridiorn Now has a story saying they hear UF will move Tim Skipper to DB and hire away JaJuan Sender as RB.
Here it is

UF closing in on secondary coach?

By GridironNow.com Staff on January 20, 2016

Florida is looking for a new secondary coach after Kirk Callahan was let go last week, and insiders tell GN there is a chance UF stays in-house with the hire.

That would entail moving a current assistant to the now-vacant secondary job, then hiring an assistant at another position to complete the Florida coaching staff.

Gators running back coach Tim Skipper has been a defensive assistant before; indeed, he coached linebackers for Jim McElwain at Colorado State. He also coached linebackers at Fresno State, and was the secondary coach at FCS member Sacramento State from 2003-05; he also coached the secondary at Division II Western New Mexico. Skipper has a reputation as a good recruiter, and insiders tell GN that was an area in which Callahan struggled.

If this is the way Florida goes, insiders say West Virginia running back coach JaJuan Seider — perhaps best-known for his recruiting ability in Florida — would be a candidate to fill the running back coach spot. Seider, who is from Belle Glade, Fla., played quarterback at WVU in the late 1990s and has been a college assistant since 2010, first at Marshall (2010-12) and then at WVU (since 2013). He also has been a high school coach in south Florida

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we pickup Jujuan Seider,a Doc Holliday protoge, one of our best former recruiters, I will be doing a dance. He is a recruiting beast.

Every time I saw that MARSHALL or WVU getting a 4 star kids out of Florida, it was JeJuan who did the recruiting.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanx MariGator.
Law, would that be that "slip-slop freak-dancing" you do so well ?

(problem, once I bold something it bolds everything I type thereafter =
I'd never shout at you Law.)

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If we pickup Jujuan Seider,a Doc Holliday protoge, one of our best former recruiters, I will be doing a dance. He is a recruiting beast.

WHAT? You would be happy about something? Ill bet that dance hasnt seen the light of day for a long long time....

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm blown away that Law likes the move of moving Skipper to DB coach. Didn't he really dislike the hiring of Skipper?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's more happy with the potential new addition than the position move of a current coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't he really dislike the hiring of Skipper?
I'm warming up to him. He seems to be a good recruiter. Unfortunately, I sometimes confuse Skipper and Dixon and can't remember which one came from FAU and which from FIU.

Not a fan of Dixon, Nord or Callahan. Not even a little.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We'd be better off firing nord, leaving his seat empty, and simply saving the money. Not as if he's done anything at all for us anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Well...scratch him off the list!

Tennessee Titans: Per source, Mississippi State cornerbacks coach Deshea Townsend is leaving to accept the same position with the Titans.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Just heard that Corey Raymond is for sure the guy we're after and Raymond is seriously considering taking the job.

Now we sit back and wait!

tumblr_m37go7mT0Z1r9rjs4.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just heard that Corey Raymond is for sure the guy we're after and Raymond is seriously considering taking the job.

Now we sit back and wait!
Wow, that would be a big haul. Anybody know if JMac has some kind of personal issues with LSU? First he steals their QB, now he's going after their DB coach. One thing's for sure, Ole Les won't be happy with JMac, that's for sure. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator