Grier tells his story (w/ Matt Hayes)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Respectfully, you think ANY game this season our QB has looked better than Grier did?

Which Grier? We saw Grier play great in the 4th quarter of Tennesse and first half of Ole Miss. Play really good against New Mexico. Look off center against ECU and Missouri. We have seen only one game that looked as good as Ole Miss. But a lot of ECU and Missouri.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Which Grier? We saw Grier play great in the 4th quarter of Tennesse and first half of Ole Miss. Play really good against New Mexico. Look off center against ECU and Missouri. We have seen only one game that looked as good as Ole Miss. But a lot of ECU and Missouri.

The kid was a redshirt freshman......JFC

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I would take any of them over the uninspired play I have watched this year. He wasn't perfect, but the team rallied around him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The kid was a redshirt freshman......JFC

I know, but it's the only think we have to go off of.. Until he has other game tape, then we do. He would still have been the most talented qb on our roster this year. As for being a redshirt freshman, so was Wuerfell and Grossman their first year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would take any of them over the uninspired play I have watched this year. He wasn't perfect, but the team rallied around him.

The uninspired play is team wide... I don't know if he would also be caught up in it as well... just no evidence to say which way it would have gone.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Again, anyone pretending like they didn't think we had something special 12 months ago is lying. And anyone acting like the attitude of the team wasn't entirely different when he was behind center is as well. The team seemed to play genuinely inspired despite gaping talent and ability holes all over the offense while he was in the lineup, and especially when he was taking it on the chin trying to make a play. Haven't seen one game since he came out of the lineup where I can say that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As for being a redshirt freshman, so was Wuerfell and Grossman their first year.
And both of those guys had some crummy games where they were benched or lost in addition to some great ones. While only in the first 6 games, grier didn't lose a single one, and when we were in a dogfight against a legit team he showed up and made plays. Can't argue that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Again, anyone pretending like they didn't think we had something special 12 months ago is lying. And anyone acting like the attitude of the team wasn't entirely different when he was behind center is as well. The team seemed to play genuinely inspired despite gaping talent and ability holes all over the offense while he was in the lineup, and especially when he was taking it on the chin trying to make a play. Haven't seen one game since he came out of the lineup where I can say that.

Durty, not saying we didn't think we had something special.. he has talent, and could be special. I think the "inspired" play is more of an issue just the quarterback. I think it is a organizational problem. Of course they were all a little more fired up in the early parts of last season, Muschamp was gone. The whole of Gator Nation was inspired. Then reality set in... we aren't as talented/good as we think we were.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you are forgetting that even had Grier NOT transferred, he still wouldn't be starting as our QB...yet.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Durty, not saying we didn't think we had something special.. he has talent, and could be special. I think the "inspired" play is more of an issue just the quarterback. I think it is a organizational problem. Of course they were all a little more fired up in the early parts of last season, Muschamp was gone. The whole of Gator Nation was inspired. Then reality set in... we aren't as talented/good as we think we were.
I got ya man. I definitely think their was a feeling that we were finally coming out of the dark tunnel simply due to chump being gone, but I feel like and genuinely sensed something special from grier and, again, this is my opinion but he really seemed like the team played better and harder with him in there.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Food for thought to all of the "Five Quarters Guys".....He would be eligible for this weeks game.....right now....Who would you want back there for the rest of the season? I'll await some honest responses........
I love the woulda, coulda, shoulda game. I vote for Danny if he was still eligible.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
this would be his first game back
Not sure about that actually, I think not playing last weekend may actually extend it a week. I believe he wasn't eligible until GAME 7 of this year but b/c of the cancellation, this weekend will actually be game 6. Can someone confirm?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I got ya man. I definitely think their was a feeling that we were finally coming out of the dark tunnel simply due to chump being gone, but I feel like and genuinely sensed something special from grier and, again, this is my opinion but he really seemed like the team played better and harder with him in there.

Mac is a prick and is dead man walking.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure about that actually, I think not playing last weekend may actually extend it a week. I believe he wasn't eligible until GAME 7 of this year but b/c of the cancellation, this weekend will actually be game 6. Can someone confirm?
okay... nonetheless we would be on the cusp of his return

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
**** Grier. Spolied and selfish brat, and a dumb bastard to boot. A perfect fit at WVU. Good luck in the Cactus or Alamo bowl if you get that far.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
okay... nonetheless we would be on the cusp of his return

His potential return. There is no guarantee he would have beat out Del Rio. That is especially true if Del Rio plays well this week. Then there would have been a ton of drama... do you start Grier and give him 2 weeks to get ready for UGA even though he hasn't played in a real game in 12 months or do you start LDR...

I'm not sure the correct call unless Grier is just dominating in practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.