Grier transfers to WVU

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
How in the hell did he stab us in the back? He took a risk to better his body, or enlarge his d!ck, and we're still not sure which one at this point.....Neither is stabbing anyone in the back!

Grier wasn't just risking his football career. By breaking NCAA rules he was forcing his team to take a major risk. He didn't have the right to take that risk for the team. He was a jerk to take the banned substance. He was worse than a jerk for walking away from the team because the starting QB position was not guaranteed. I really hope LDR or Appleby turn out to be the real deal. If not, the rebuilding will take at least a couple more years.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2017 will be make or break for McElwain. Grier and this situation should have no real bearing on it. It is a done issue.
Hey Douglas, I've noticed that you are appearing to copy and paste when you are quoting people.
Not sure if you know, but you can just click on the "reply" tab of the post you want to quote, and it sets up the quote in the below text box with the actual poster quoted in it.
This will also notify that poster that you quoted them, and they can respond.
When you quote a lot of people like that, and the poster isn't named, it's easy to lose track of who you are talking to.
Just wanted to make sure you know of the function, in case you didnt.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
work computer security doesn't allow the quote function to work.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
FIFY.

Is it me or did all the Chicken Littles get together for a crack & LSD party?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excuses are for losers and the buck stops with the man in charge. It would seem like you would know that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Grier wasn't just risking his football career. By breaking NCAA rules he was forcing his team to take a major risk. He didn't have the right to take that risk for the team. He was a jerk to take the banned substance. He was worse than a jerk for walking away from the team because the starting QB position was not guaranteed. I really hope LDR or Appleby turn out to be the real deal. If not, the rebuilding will take at least a couple more years.
Fair enough if all of that is true but none of us know for sure. Mac mumbled some comment awhile back but didn't really address the situation head on....he never does...I don't deny that the kid made a bad choice last year but he committed to UF and a different set of coaches nearly 4 years ago. I highly doubt that either set of coaches promised him a starting job....BTW, I also hope that you're right about our 2 current QB's.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Its been a while now and Grier hasnt surfaced. Im wondering if there is a market for a guy who has to sit out a year and a half then play 6 games before trying to go pro. Maybe there isnt at all.

He is getting news more shocking than Driskel. Im sure he thought there would be a market.
Maybe some posters rated him too highly? Hence no market.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Excuses are for losers and the buck stops with the man in charge. It would seem like you would know that.

I absolutely do, however (if I'm keeping up with the proper conversation) I don't think Mac is making excuses as much as he's trying to prime the (athletic dept and booster) financial pumps to help him with his infrastructure goals. I think he's politicking, but maybe I'm wrong...

I just find it odd that after Year 1, there seems to be more doubts about Mac on this board than his predecessor. Sure, chump recruited better, but he didn't give us reason to believe he knew what he was doing on Saturdays.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely do, however (if I'm keeping up with the proper conversation) I don't think Mac is making excuses as much as he's trying to prime the (athletic dept and booster) financial pumps to help him with his infrastructure goals. I think he's politicking, but maybe I'm wrong...

I just find it odd that after Year 1, there seems to be more doubts about Mac on this board than his predecessor. Sure, chump recruited better, but he didn't give us reason to believe he knew what he was doing on Saturdays.

We're pessimistic because of what we've endured from the WM debacle. It's just human nature...whaddyagonnado?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This concerns me a good deal.

I've never seen a team that quit on a coach ever unquit.
I am not sold that they quit on the coach. The bowl game was a reward and was expected. I believe SOS had a couple blow outs in bowl games. One still stings to this day.

Your message could very well be sold as they quit on the season and more easily TH if you so choose to look at it that way. I do not choose to do so.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sold that they quit on the coach. The bowl game was a reward and was expected. I believe SOS had a couple blow outs in bowl games. One still stings to this day.

Your message could very well be sold as they quit on the season and more easily TH if you so choose to look at it that way. I do not choose to do so.

The seniors quit because he didn't need them at the first part of bowl practice.:facepalm:

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't need them at the first part of bowl practice because of the last 3 games...

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alright for the sake of argument let me give another point of view on this topic. First off anyone who thinks the kid doesn't have the talent to be a very good CFB QB needs rewind last years tape of the entire season. We were 2 different teams, plain and simple. No, he didn't light the world on fire during every game....who would have playing behind the worst offensive line I've seen in 45 years of watching big time CFB, not to mention a piss poor running game, no disrespect to KT, to fall back on, and a true freshmen as the best WR on the entire team. Who thinks we wouldn't have probably won the FSU game with him back there or been more competitive in the SECCG? I hope Del Rio is all that because in the long run top offensive talent wants to play with other top offensive talent.
This whole thing may end up costing Grier a bunch of playing time, but it may also cost Mac his job and set UF football, which in my opinion is teetering on the brink of long term mediocrity, into long term downward spiral....
Please explain to me how Grier being a royal screwup and his family being a bunch of glory hounds is going to cost Mac his job?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Please explain to me how Grier being a royal screwup and his family being a bunch of glory hounds is going to cost Mac his job?
By itself it won't. But lets look at the cumulative effect. We won 10 games and the East title last year. By all means we should have had a top 5 recruiting class following those results, right? We didn't because the offense looked just like Muschamps train wreck from years past after Grier got suspended. Plain and simple. If we look the same this year because of trying to find a QB again what do you think next years class is going to look like? Couple this with a MAJOR drop off in talent on the defensive side of the ball we won't be able to eek out those close wins and could end up with a sh!tstain of a record. What do you think 2017's class ranking will be? 25th? 30th? Nobody is going last at UF bringing in classes like that, not for long anyway.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Still no one wants Grier? You'd think he'd want to at least watch spring practice with his team.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Grier may be the stupidest assh0le ever coming through UF, even including Cam Newton. At least Newton finally got his **** together. I can't fathom what WG is trying to accomplish with all of this.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
By itself it won't. But lets look at the cumulative effect. We won 10 games and the East title last year. By all means we should have had a top 5 recruiting class following those results, right? We didn't because the offense looked just like Muschamps train wreck from years past after Grier got suspended. Plain and simple. If we look the same this year because of trying to find a QB again what do you think next years class is going to look like? Couple this with a MAJOR drop off in talent on the defensive side of the ball we won't be able to eek out those close wins and could end up with a sh!tstain of a record. What do you think 2017's class ranking will be? 25th? 30th? Nobody is going last at UF bringing in classes like that, not for long anyway.

Other top teams have had offenses drop off and still brought in top offensive recruits when they hired a new coach. Mac needs to up his recruiting game some besides showing a decent offense this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.