Grier vs. Harris....this time, it's personal

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah he only needed two passes to score on his first two possessions also. Thats the way Neon Treon rolls. Pimptastic.

Driskel scored 3 times per month.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T, seriously let the hate go. Your hate is getting so strong, you are making Law look like a pumper.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n189960 said:
Actually scoring on 50% of drives is world beating.

Not when UT is your opponent. UT was so bad that they couldn't take advantage of Driskel's ineptitude for 3 quarters.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n189834 said:
Vandy was a good game for him, but the TN game, which was an L up to the point he came in the game was an example of how his presence changed the game. He sparked the team, they looked like a team that felt they could win then. Yes he was given a short field, etc, but whose to say JD wouldn't have throw an INT, run out of bounds for a loss, the team just didn't seem to respond to him. The D was playing great the whole game, but even they were more animated after Treon came in, probably realizing their great effort wasn't going to be in vain.

But Morningwood could have came into the game and done better than Driskel. The question isn't which quarterback is better than Driskel. Could Morningwood go 2-4 (and a possible pick 6 if UT defender could catch a ball that hit him in the hands) and win against the UT team we played last year in that situation. Driskel and the offensive were awful to that point. You could have put Captain Hater Tgator in there and probably won that game. UT went UT. 2 out of UT's 3 field goals came from drives starting in plus territory (one drive starting at the Florida 17).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n190072 said:
But Morningwood could have came into the game and done better than Driskel. The question isn't which quarterback is better than Driskel. Could Morningwood go 2-4 (and a possible pick 6 if UT defender could catch a ball that hit him in the hands) and win against the UT team we played last year in that situation. Driskel and the offensive were awful to that point. You could have put Captain Hater Tgator in there and probably won that game. UT went UT. 2 out of UT's 3 field goals came from drives starting in plus territory (one drive starting at the Florida 17).

I doubt it after watching Morningwood play previously.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n190128 said:

It wouldn't take much that Saturday. UT was horrible. They were handing us the game, and Driskel wasn't getting out of his own way. I do not believe we beat Vanderbilt with Morningwood. But UT was just handing us the game, we just had to get out of our own way.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n190128 said:
I'd rather have morningwood in there than a 5'9" slot receiver who can't throw the ball 15 yards on a line

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n190330 said:
I'd rather have morningwood in there than a 5'9" slot receiver who can't throw the ball 15 yards on a line

I am convinced you are doing this for comedy now or I might take you at your word to just call you crazy.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n190330 said:

Do we actually know that the short QB can't throw accurately? Seems like he played for a very good HS team. Anybody see his HS play and if he was better back then?

Facts are stubborn things and hearing coach today on QB play he mentioned throwing the ball to guys in our unis, and protecting the ball. Nothing else!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n190492 said:
Do we actually know that the short QB can't throw accurately? Seems like he played for a very good HS team. Anybody see his HS play and if he was better back then?

Facts are stubborn things and hearing coach today on QB play he mentioned throwing the ball to guys in our unis, and protecting the ball. Nothing else!!

Treon is listed at 5'11", but like Chris Leak, I'm assuming the height is a little less than that. But Leak was an excellent short QB. Drew Brees is an excellent short QB. So height is only an issue for OC that let it be the limitation.

You have to remember you are responding to Captain Hate T-Gator... aka Buck Nasty

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n190492 said:

He was decently accurate until he bumped up his thumb or a finger or something that seemed to have a negative impact on his throwing accuracy the rest of the year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n190505 said:
Treon is listed at 5'11", but like Chris Leak, I'm assuming the height is a little less than that. But Leak was an excellent short QB. Drew Brees is an excellent short QB. So height is only an issue for OC that let it be the limitation.

You have to remember you are responding to Captain Hate T-Gator... aka Buck Nasty
So now because he's short he's the next drew brees? And I'm the crazy one?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I don't think anyone is arguing against Treons deep ball, his issues seem to be more the short to intermediate routes. His deep ball is pretty spot on.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Shhh...the voices in t's head, telling him to hate. And if he forgets what to hate on, make something up like 'Drew Brees"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.