Harris accuser withdraws complaint

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n75125 said:
But the assertion is that a player under Title IX investigation can't play period. So if the asshat can play, Treon can play.

Pretty sure it's a school decision. Title IX, as ADG has pointed out in the FSU thread, is whether or not the school can receive public funds ultimately.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the investigations continue...Title IX and Code of Conduct...and I think he will ultimately be cleared. I also think that Huntley has ammunition now for a complaint against her...and she knows it. As her whole story falls apart, I hope this gets wrapped up quickly.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the suspension is cleared come game time tomorrow I still think there is a chance he plays tomorrow. A Treon Harris who hasn't practiced is > Driskel with all the practice in the world. So if Driskel is Driskel tomorrow and we dig ourselves in a hole Mushamp again may have no choice.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gatoravatara;75209 said:
G 2;n75194 said:
If the suspension is cleared come game time tomorrow I still think there is a chance he plays tomorrow. A Treon Harris who hasn't practiced is > Driskel with all the practice in the world. So if Driskel is Driskel tomorrow and we dig ourselves in a hole Mushamp again may have no choice.
Perhaps the events of the last week (4th quarter comeback + rape accusation) has been enough to jar JD out of his coma.
:lol:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n75060 said:
There is still a student code of conduct to consider, which has much lower standards and could have violations that have nothing to do with this particular accusation.

Yeah, let's hope they make it a priority to deal with this issue. I really think Treon it should be handled immediately. If he's innocent, there's no reason to keep this hanging around his neck making him wear this scarlet letter, keeping him out of classes, keeping him separated from his team-mates, and keeping him out of football.

If he is guilty (in the student conduct code board's eyes), then resolve that too.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JeffBarlisESPNJeff Barlis
Muschamp: We have been notified that the University & legal process is complete. Treon has been reinstated to the team, but he will not play

No timeline given, so not sure if that's just tomorrow or not.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JeffBarlisESPN Jeff Barlis
Muschamp (cont.): This has been a learning experience for everyone involved.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JeffBarlisESPN Jeff Barlis
Muschamp (cont.): Treon has been honest with me throughout the process and is looking forward to rejoining his teammates."

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorZoneFB GatorZone Football
"Treon has been reinstated to the team, but he will not play Saturday. This has been a learning experience for everyone involved."

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n75045 said:
With the PC stuff I doubt you see a public apology but I hope Machen at least has the sense to say on top of the PC stuff next time (hopefully there isn't a next time however) that we are also going to let the facts come out etc. instead of just beating his chest with the PC statement to appease the media.
Damn skippy

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BM handled this perfectly. Treon should be thankful there s little or notalk of a UF coverup!

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Well bernie get on your soapbox and say we have investigated the allegations and treon had been cleared. However we dont tolerate false allegations and we will be investigating that

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatorphan;n75271 said:
BM handled this perfectly. Treon should be thankful there s little or notalk of a UF coverup!

Agreed. And Muschamp's comment about Treon being honest the whole time is a nice character-restoration type comment as well. I think everyone from the coaches, admin, and even Treon handled this about as well as could've been expected.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
dubster1;n75273 said:
Well bernie get on your soapbox and say we have investigated the allegations and treon had been cleared. However we dont tolerate false allegations and we will be investigating that

Would be nice, and I'd champion the cause. But unfortunately it's not going to happen. Keep inmind that Machen doesn't make the rules or trends of society. But as someone in his position, he has to live by them. As I've said in other posts, I'd be shocked if TH isn't getting a ton of support behind closed doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator