Hires made, pressure off, Foley says

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n229395 said:
Fair enough on Billy. So is 7-5, 8-4 & 8-4 a failure? My biggest fear is that we are stuck in middle gear. We really need to turn recruiting around. Numbers are great but we need to take back the top instate talent. There will be no resurgence without taking back our own backyard.

I think 7-5, 8-4, 8-4 may be considered a failure. At first thought I would agree that it is, but of course it all depends on schedule and circumstances, etc... As far as recruiting, one of the things I really like about McElwain is he seems focused on Florida, but it is not going to be easy to overtake FSU right now with the success they are having. We need to show improvement on the field. If the offense can start putting up points and numbers consistently then you will see more recruits come our way. The IPF will help and I think I saw somewhere we will be updating our locker room also. That will help as well.

I do agree with one of the earlier posters who said that one of Foley's big mistakes has been letting the facilities get so far behind.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n229437 said:
People would defend Mclewain to the death with that record. Hell, Foley wouldn't even fire muschamp after going 4-8 and you think he'd fire Mclewain after 8-4? When we kept muschamp after going 4-8the standard was lowered. That's the message Foley sent.

I never said I thought Foley would fire Mac after 8-4, just that I would think it is a failure if that is our record after Mac's third year here.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n229443 said:
I never said I thought Foley would fire Mac after 8-4, just that I would think it is a failure if that is our record after Mac's third year here.

Actually 8-4 on his third year here is fairly likely considering that's when all these 3 stars we're having to recruit because nobody else will give us the time of day will be upper classmen and holding most of our starting positions.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n229447 said:
Actually 8-4 on his third year here is fairly likely considering that's when all these 3 stars we're having to recruit because nobody else will give us the time of day will be upper classmen and holding most of our starting positions.

:panic:

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
T REX;n229233 said:
“As athletic director, I’m a thousand percent convinced that Will Muschamp is the guy to lead this football program. Nothing has changed in what we feel about Will Muschamp from the day we hired him. … We have a history of being successful, we have a history of fixing things when they need to be fixed, and that is what is going to happen here, and Coach Muschamp is the one that will fix it.”

:rotfl: yep!, coming from the best ad in the country:whistle:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n229412 said:
How did you get 1,276 likes? Are you paying people?

And for the record, law has the most likes on Gatorchatter. :ugh:

If there was a dislike button, he'd probably have about 10x that amount. TREX, Dubs and Marianna can only like each post once, after all. :lol:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n229412 said:
How did you get 1,276 likes? Are you paying people?

And for the record, law has the most likes on Gatorchatter. :ugh:
The only thing that matters is the ratio of likes to posts. Quality is better than quantity.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n229852 said:
The only thing that matters is the ratio of likes to posts. Quality is better than quantity.

Well I am a failure there.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n229852 said:

I have given a lot more likes than I've received. Does that count?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n229873 said:
I have given a lot more likes than I've received. Does that count?
That, according to Paul McCartney and the last song the Beatles ever recorded, is all that matters.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;229852 said:

I would have to look at the numbers but I think that soflagator is one of the highest with that.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n230039 said:
I would have to look at the numbers but I think that soflagator is one of the highest with that.

As he should be.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the real measure of success around here is making GatorJ's signature. Only the elite can ever hope to make it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n230039 said:
Sadly I believe I'm among the lowest.:wobble:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n230083 said:
I think the real measure of success around here is making GatorJ's signature. Only the elite can ever hope to make it.
You're not elite until you make gatorfevers sig!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.