Historical collapse by Green Bay

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n153939 said:
As Packer fans my wife and I were dumbfounded. I still can't believe it. On the onside kick Bostick was suppose to block the guy so Nelson could grab it. Ugh...

I've said this for a few years. Dom Capers needs to go. The D was improved this year, but I attribute that to Julius Peppers. But the D had too many blunders at the end of the game. However I'm sure he won't be canned. Instead they'll probably take it out on the Zooker although McCarthy loves him some Zooker.
Forgot Zook was on that staff. That explains a lot. Bathrooms probably look great though.

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
1980 FALCONS VS COWBOYS, NFC DIVISION PLAYOFF. BIGGEST LOST IN FALCON HISTORY. The Falcons opened a 24-10 lead after three quarters and led 27-17 after a field goal with 5:37 to play. To Van Note, Bartkowski told him, "Instead of breaking my fingers, you broke my heart."

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n153942 said:
:rolleyes: I knew he was bullshiiitting about McCarthy. I suspected he picked the Gator link just to try to get us to talk about it.

Why are still in a pissed off mood? Muschamp is gone, you should be excited.

Dec 10, 2014
oxrageous;n153932 said:
:facepalm:

I figured you guys were smarter than this. I had to put in a link to make my McCarthy fabrication appear credible. I happened to see that one.

For the record, McCarthy won't be fired. He just should be. Coach to WIN a damn game. It was a Muschamp coaching performance - play it super conservative and let the opposition hang around and have a shot at the end. That game should have been put out of reach in the first half.

Nominate for dumbest post of the year

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Historical collapse by Green Bay....Seattle completely pulled that out of their ass.

Fake FG
Onside Kick
Hail Mary 2 pt conversion
5 turnovers

meanwhile there was no killer attitude from McCarthy and GB...after that last pick with 5 minutes to go and the defender just slid to the ground with nothing but green turf and fat lineman in front of him i knew that was a big mistake. Then 3 runs and out to give the ball back...looked like they thought the game was a lock. Worst collapse i've seen since the 03 cubs...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n154050 said:
Historical collapse by Green Bay....Seattle completely pulled that out of their ass.

Fake FG
Onside Kick
Hail Mary 2 pt conversion
5 turnovers

meanwhile there was no killer attitude from McCarthy and GB...after that last pick with 5 minutes to go and the defender just slid to the ground with nothing but green turf and fat lineman in front of him i knew that was a big mistake. Then 3 runs and out to give the ball back...looked like they thought the game was a lock. Worst collapse i've seen since the 03 cubs...

This was a horrible decision by Burnett. He probably could have returned that for a TD. That decision, before any other play, probably lost GB the game.

But, still not as bad as 35-3 and Warren Moon.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kansas City Chiefs blew it worse last year than Green Bay did this year. Chiefs were beating the Colts 38-10 in the third quarter and lost the game 45-44.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n154055 said:
This was a horrible decision by Burnett. He probably could have returned that for a TD. That decision, before any other play, probably lost GB the game.

But, still not as bad as 35-3 and Warren Moon.

Frank Reich was on that day.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2545938-0824556409-4PTUu.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n153986 said:
Why are still in a pissed off mood? Muschamp is gone, you should be excited.
You and other dwags are still here.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n153939 said:
As Packer fans my wife and I were dumbfounded. I still can't believe it. On the onside kick Bostick was suppose to block the guy so Nelson could grab it. Ugh...

I've said this for a few years. Dom Capers needs to go. The D was improved this year, but I attribute that to Julius Peppers. But the D had too many blunders at the end of the game. However I'm sure he won't be canned. Instead they'll probably take it out on the Zooker although McCarthy loves him some Zooker.

Zook is the special teams coach so he should be fired. If they'd covered the fake and/or recovered the onside kick the Packers would be in the superbowl. I'd also like to know who coaches the DBs to take a knee after an interception with five and a half minutes to go. If I were a Packer fan/Shareholder I'd be sharpening my axe for that guy too.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n154076 said:
Zook is the special teams coach so he should be fired. If they'd covered the fake and/or recovered the onside kick the Packers would be in the superbowl. I'd also like to know who coaches the DBs to take a knee after an interception with five and a half minutes to go. If I were a Packer fan/Shareholder I'd be sharpening my axe for that guy too.

He is the assistant Special Teams coach, not even the Special Teams coach. Sean Slocum is the Special Teams Coach.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n154081 said:
He is the assistant Special Teams coach, not even the Special Teams coach. Sean Slocum is the Special Teams Coach.

Sounds like Zook should be promoted then.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gator Fever;n154084 said:
Sounds like Zook should be promoted then.

The Packers made huge blunders on special teams. Zook says we're getting better and better!

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
PastyStoole;n154076 said:

Rumor is Peppers told him to fall down. What a moronic move. If true, I can't believe he listened. Where's the killer instinct?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n153995 said:
Nominate for dumbest post of the year
Do you want me to out you as the alias you are?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n154087 said:
Do you want me to out you as the alias you are?
If you don't, Ox, I will...

Robbie Andreu, shut your pie hole.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My point is, coaches like McCarthy are what's wrong with the NFL, and are why I started preferring college ball over pro ball about 10 years ago. The truth is, at least 80% of NFL coaches have the same conservative, not-to-lose mindset as McCarthy. He has the best QB on planet Earth and calls a game like he's got Driskel back there. The Broncos just fired their version of McCarthy, John Fox - who of course is immediately and eagerly gobbled up by the Bears. It's maddening and embarrassing.

That was easily in the top 10 of the worst called games I've ever seen. It should have been over at halftime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator