Historical collapse by Green Bay

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It was all just ridiculous and makes me sick to my stomach. hardly slept last night i was so devastated. seattle was dominated on all sides of the ball for 57 of 60 minutes of regulation, and yet they win in OT, just unbearable. :deadnanner:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n154321 said:
It was all just ridiculous and makes me sick to my stomach. hardly slept last night i was so devastated. seattle was dominated on all sides of the ball for 57 of 60 minutes of regulation, and yet they win in OT, just unbearable. :deadnanner:

:therethere:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hats off to Seattle for taking advantages of opportunities but the outcome of this NFC Championship game was by far a Green Bay choke rather than a Seattle comeback The Green Bay Packers deserve all the boos and criticism coming their way. They gave the game away. Your D limits the opposing quarterback to 11 yards in the first half while building a 16-0 lead against a team that not designed for comebacks. You have the #1 offensive team in the NFL and you decide to spend the second half playing the safe conservative card only scoring a measly field goal. The Pack compounded their conservative play by being flat tooted on three critical plays, the fake field goal, the fumble of an easily recovered onside kick and the Hail Mary pass for the 2 point conversion. In the last four minutes a defense that had dominated the Seahawks morphed into an inept gang of Barney Fife's looking for their single bullet to put int their revolvers. But that signature goat choke by Bostic, a freaking tight end with good hands, during the onside kick is a play the Packer fans will relive for many years.

Amazin1

Finally found my way home
Jan 10, 2015
oxrageous;n154206 said:
You live and die with your superstars. If Rodgers had wet the bed, so be it. You put the ball into the hands of your best players and let them make plays. He's the freaking NFL MVP, for God's sake. What McCarthy did was like having Bill Cartwright take the last-second shot and using Michael Jordan as a decoy, because MJ wasn't shooting that great.

I'd take an Aaron Rodgers even at 10% of his abilities from six inches away from the goal line. Hell, Eddie Lacy can get that six inches 99 times out of 100, There was no excuse for kicking those field goals. Those bother me the most.

JJ Watt....

Amazin1

Jan 10, 2015
Watt became the only NFL player in history with multiple 20-sack seasons, also forcing four fumbles, breaking up 10 passes and scoring two touchdowns on the defensive side. and caught 3 passes, all for touchdowns. If JJ Watt doesn't win MVP this year, no defensive player ever can...and they should change the name of the award.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Amazin1;n154395 said:
Watt became the only NFL player in history with multiple 20-sack seasons, also forcing four fumbles, breaking up 10 passes and scoring two touchdowns on the defensive side. and caught 3 passes, all for touchdowns. If JJ Watt doesn't win MVP this year, no defensive player ever can...and they should change the name of the award.

He was so valuable that he got his team to the playoffs? Oh wait, he didn't.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well I declared the game over when the last 3 GB points were scored. Shows how much I really know so perhaps everyone should ignore my sports opinions.

It was a combination of very much luck that resulted in the tie, and skill the win. Now with better play throughout the game Seattle would have easily won in regulation. Way too many passes either dropped or deflected into ints.

Amazin1

Jan 10, 2015
Not his fault they didn't make it. and how bad would they have sucked without him. he is the most valuable player to his team in the nfl. i believe he wins it.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n154330 said:
Hats off to Seattle for taking advantages of opportunities but the outcome of this NFC Championship game was by far a Green Bay choke rather than a Seattle comeback The Green Bay Packers deserve all the boos and criticism coming their way. They gave the game away. Your D limits the opposing quarterback to 11 yards in the first half while building a 16-0 lead against a team that not designed for comebacks. You have the #1 offensive team in the NFL and you decide to spend the second half playing the safe conservative card only scoring a measly field goal. The Pack compounded their conservative play by being flat tooted on three critical plays, the fake field goal, the fumble of an easily recovered onside kick and the Hail Mary pass for the 2 point conversion. In the last four minutes a defense that had dominated the Seahawks morphed into an inept gang of Barney Fife's looking for their single bullet to put int their revolvers. But that signature goat choke by Bostic, a freaking tight end with good hands, during the onside kick is a play the Packer fans will relive for many years.

Gee one post from this poster than I can agree with 100%. Very unusual and I feel very strange, but I bet future posts of his will take care of that.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The Seashawks players and fans are talking a lot of trash about how they held Rodgers, the NFL MVP, under 200 yards for the game. Some maintain he was intimidated by the bad boys of the Seattle D.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I'm sorry for your loss; however, GB did not dominate the entire game. Were they given multiple opportunities to put the game away and did they have the game in hand late and blow it? Yes, yes they did (and I feel bad for Packer's fans). If you look at the box score, you'll see that GB did not dominate the game for 57 minutes. You know I'm into stats, Durty, so here they come:

1st downs: SEA(20) GB(19)
3rd down conversions: SEA(8-16) GB(3-14)
Total yards: SEA(397) GB(306)
YPR: SEA(5.5) GB(4.5)
YPC: SEA(5.8) GB(4.9)
Redzone: SEA(2-3) GB(1-3)
TOP: Even

You don't lose in all of these statistical categories if you dominated 57 minutes of a 60 minute game. I mean c'mon, GB only scored two field goals in the 2nd half (not so dominant) allowing Seattle to stick around. Seattle had 5 turnovers to GBs 2 - if GB was dominant there's no way Seattle is even within 20 points in the 4th quarter. I think this loss can be chalked up to two things, as others have eluded: 1) The GB HC 'Muschamped' it, all game long; and 2) the GB DC blew it late - I was even calling the plays Seattle ran at the end based on how the GB D was lining up (and I'm a basketball guy).

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Amazin1;n154400 said:
Not his fault they didn't make it. and how bad would they have sucked without him. he is the most valuable player to his team in the nfl. i believe he wins it.
There's a reason why the teams that make the playoffs have the best quarterbacks...no player is more valuable to their team than a QB. Yes occasionally a team will win with a great defense and suspect QB (Dilfer/Ravens, Giants/Manning, etc) but the teams that consistently make the playoffs every year (Packers, Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Saints, Seahawks, Broncos since Manning) do so because they have the QB.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorBart;n154408 said:
the GB DC blew it late - I was even calling the plays Seattle ran at the end based on how the GB D was lining up (and I'm a basketball guy).

This is why he should be canned. No safety help. And under Capers GB has been the worst at defending the read option. It's awful.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n153561 said:
Yes McCarthy shat the bed and wet himself at the end of that game. Terrible collapse. But not sad that GB lost.

At the end of the game? What about his lamebrained calls in the first quarter. At least one of those two trips inside the 5 yard line (hell, inside the ONE yard line) should have been a TD, not a FG. I'm not a Packers fan, but if I were, I would have been going nuts over not getting a TD in both situations.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Amazin1;n154400 said:

Isn't it enough Watt is acknowledged as the most dominant and skillful defensive NFL superstar in decades? That being said the hub of the offense is the quarterback, the center of the galaxy in the game of football and the most important and celebrated position in American sports. The MVP will probably go to Aaron Rodgers who almost limped his way into the Super Bowl.

Amazin1

Jan 10, 2015
QB's get WAAYYY too much credit in my humble opinion. yes they are the field generals out there but, does that mean that they always mean more to their team than another player? Not necessarily. Regardless of what rodgers did, he had a good team around him. Watt was on a 5-11 team that he willed to 9-7...i still maintain that he deserves to win it and i think he will. and i will be here to eat my crow if he doesn't...

Amazin1

Jan 10, 2015
This is the perfect opportunity for the league to step up and vote someone besides a qb or running back and prove that the award is legit. hell, there's only ever been 3 players in history to win the award who weren't offensive players...mark moseley, alan page and the great Lawrence Taylor. why even act like the award is for anyone when all anyone wants to vote for is qb's and rb's. just leave an offensive and defensive mvp and be done with it. i find it hard to believe in all these years the best player is always an offensive player...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Watt had a great enough season to win MVP. I'm a big fan of his. However, he doesn't have a chance in hell at winning it with the current structure. He'll win Defensive Player of the Year quite easily.

There hasn't been a defensive player that got a single MVP VOTE since 2008. Read this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fensive-player-since-2008-to-get-an-mvp-vote/

And prepare to come back here and eat crow.

Amazin1

Jan 10, 2015
Then why even have an nfl mvp? just have offensive and defensive mvp's. if this is how it plays out every year, then it's a fiasco to even pretend that a defensive player has a shot at it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.