Hurricane Irma check-in / status report

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Used to live in Fleming Island, Moosehaven on 17?

And those old peeps like to party. They got music blasting from that place 4-5 days a week. I'm all the way down the street and still hear it clear as can be.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_2658.jpg

Live shot. Yes, its a coors light. Bring on the hate.
12 dislikes and counting! :lmao2:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Al Gore just weighed in calling Irma a category 9.

Yes he is an famous person who has a way too large of an ego. I do expect if we continue to get storms in the high level of 5 we might get a new number six. Like above 175 or 180.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Staying put in Lakeland, POLK County. Properly prepped with guns, ammo, water, and bourbon.
Likewise in rural NE Gadsden County. Ox can talk about a baby boom in nine months as a result of this storm, but as long as the stove and refrigerator work, I'm orgasmic.

Interesting to me that there was a post referencing both Old Crow ("the Black Pimp" as it was known among my high school contemporaries) and Ezra Brooks. My paternal grandaddy was an Old Crow man and my maternal grandaddy's brand was Ezra Brooks. Both were alcoholics. I lived with my mother's parents from age 16 until they died in the '80's. My grandaddy was great and did a good job of raising me with the exception of the time he got mad and came after me with his .38. I've avoided Ezra Brooks ever since. Wasn't sure whether alcoholism was genetic or not, so I always shied away from liquor. Beer was enough.

Sorry about the trip down memory lane, but at least it took my mind off of the potential for shooting looters on the wing (yeah, it's dangerous up this way without a storm system). Hope you guys and girls stay safe. God bless.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Likewise in rural NE Gadsden County. Ox can talk about a baby boom in nine months as a result of this storm, but as long as the stove and refrigerator work, I'm orgasmic.

Interesting to me that there was a post referencing both Old Crow ("the Black Pimp" as it was known among my high school contemporaries) and Ezra Brooks. My paternal grandaddy was an Old Crow man and my maternal grandaddy's brand was Ezra Brooks. Both were alcoholics. I lived with my mother's parents from age 16 until they died in the '80's. My grandaddy was great and did a good job of raising me with the exception of the time he got mad and came after me with his .38. I've avoided Ezra Brooks ever since. Wasn't sure whether alcoholism was genetic or not, so I always shied away from liquor. Beer was enough.

Sorry about the trip down memory lane, but at least it took my mind off of the potential for shooting looters on the wing (yeah, it's dangerous up this way without a storm system). Hope you guys and girls stay safe. God bless.
Agree, all you need is beer. Proof there is a god.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And those old peeps like to party. They got music blasting from that place 4-5 days a week. I'm all the way down the street and still hear it clear as can be.
But not past like 8PM right? Being that they're old peeps and all...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
West Palm Beach. Dug in and riding it out. Still moving slowly west which is better for Palm Beach county but not so good for SW Florida. Impending long term power outage will be miserable.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
West Palm Beach. Dug in and riding it out. Still moving slowly west which is better for Palm Beach county but not so good for SW Florida. Impending long term power outage will be miserable.

Yeah, I hate it... shows just how thin a line it is between being a civilized snoot and living like a back country frontiersman, :grin:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Same here Ox. We are riding it out even though the St. John's River is right outside my door. By the way, it doesn't look that peaceful now. Wind rolled in about 10am. It is nasty out there. I could barely stand on the dock. This pic was taken this morning.

View attachment 7061

Went to Grace as a family as a kid.
Dang guys! I live right off Kingsley. Wife works at Grace.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
saw an article saying you should close all interior doors to help with pressure on the roof. Anyone heard of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator