I am done watching Gator Football until Nuss is gone

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you're saying that you can handle the losses as long as we have well coached, 5-star players executing a penalty-free, intelligent game plan while fighting hard and never quitting?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So you're saying that you can handle the losses as long as we have well coached, 5-star players executing a penalty-free, intelligent game plan while fighting hard and never quitting?
you're just being difficult at this point, you know what im saying, and frankly, we both know you agree.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that you are frustrated. Yes, it is frustrating when we lose games, especially when we give up a big lead in doing so. But the amount of frustration you let yourself feel is simply a function of perspective as a fan.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you are so holier than now. Telling me how I should behave. I already called myself out.

Thanks though. You're a stellar guy

Totally agree with you. I think it's a good thing when somebody has a "wake up" moment and is man enough to call themselves out on it. It's a measure of accountability for further and continued growth as a human being....Then someone comes along with that kind of patronizing attitude. It brings no value to the conversation. Props to you...for your continued growth. May we all be so fortunate to do so.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that you are frustrated. Yes, it is frustrating when we lose games, especially when we give up a big lead in doing so. But the amount of frustration you let yourself feel is simply a function of perspective as a fan.
I 100% completely agree with you. It is absolutely of our own making. And that is the exact reason I'm stepping back from gator football for a while. It's not fun, hasn't been in a long time, and I'm too emotionally invested in it which puts me in a sour mood and takes time away from more important things like my family. Despite the level of emotion/investment being completely on the fan, that doesn't mean you can simply shut off caring like you can a light switch. That is the reason I have chosen to focus time elsewhere for now. I am too invested, and it's going to take me putting it on the backburner for a while to change that. Surely you can understand this.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You don't have to stop watching games man. Just control how much emotion you invest in it. These are just kids who go to school at our University. They aren't fighting a war against ISIS. Bemoan the bad plays and celebrate the good plays. Whether we win or lose, when its over turn the TV off and eat dinner with the family. Its fun to watch and a hobby but nothing that happens on that football field is important.

BTW I'm still inviting you to the Christmas party. Sheri from accounting is gonna be there.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You don't have to stop watching games man. Just control how much emotion you invest in it. These are just kids who go to school at our University. They aren't fighting a war against ISIS. Bemoan the bad plays and celebrate the good plays. Whether we win or lose, when its over turn the TV off and eat dinner with the family. Its fun to watch and a hobby but nothing that happens on that football field is important.

BTW I'm still inviting you to the Christmas party. Sheri from accounting is gonna be there.
I hear you man, but just like J said, some of us cant seem to simply decide to dial it down and then do it. I know myself enough to know that while I might say, "starting today im just going to watch and enjoy not get worked up about it." But as soon as we start sucking that's gonna go right out the window. I've actually tried in the past and just am not able to do it. I love gator football too much to be able to comfortably watch us get our azz handed to us over and over again. Ive been passionate about this team since I was a little kid and I think my inner kid comes out during the games. Wish I could just turn it on, watch, turn it off and move on like nothing happened but I just cant.

Is sheri hot?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I 100% completely agree with you. It is absolutely of our own making. And that is the exact reason I'm stepping back from gator football for a while. It's not fun, hasn't been in a long time, and I'm too emotionally invested in it which puts me in a sour mood and takes time away from more important things like my family. Despite the level of emotion/investment being completely on the fan, that doesn't mean you can simply shut off caring like you can a light switch. That is the reason I have chosen to focus time elsewhere for now. I am too invested, and it's going to take me putting it on the backburner for a while to change that. Surely you can understand this.
Not a bad idea Durty. I've had to step back after being as serious as a heart attack about Gator football. For me this happened during the 2014 season. Instead of being consumed by every single play on TV I would watch a little then go outside and work on some landscaping, clean up my fishing gear or some little project that I had been putting off. I still listened to the radio as I did these things but found that not watching the almost certain sh!t show was a lot less aggravating than sitting there staring at it for the better part of 3-4 hours.

Another benefit of backing off is that NOBODY wanted to be around me during or right after a bad game or stinging loss....Well the truth there is I'm normally pretty mellow when I drink but after 15-18 golden pops and watching us lose to the kind of teams we used to annihilate it was almost to much to handle and I would be a seething a$$hole to anyone or anything that got within 50 feet of me. Not anymore though....Saturday I knew after it went 21-10 that we were done. At that point I finished up my grilling jumped in the pool to cool off for a few minutes then came in and calmly watched what has become almost common for us Gator football fans over the last 6 years. My wife also mentioned that I only said f vck 1 time all afternoon like it was some kind of record or something :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not a bad idea Durty. I've had to step back after being as serious as a heart attack about Gator football. For me this happened during the 2014 season. Instead of being consumed by every single play on TV I would watch a little then go outside and work on some landscaping, clean up my fishing gear or some little project that I had been putting off. I still listened to the radio as I did these things but found that not watching the almost certain sh!t show was a lot less aggravating than sitting there staring at it for the better part of 3-4 hours.

Another benefit of backing off is that NOBODY wanted to be around me during or right after a bad game or stinging loss....Well the truth there is I'm normally pretty mellow when I drink but after 15-18 golden pops and watching us lose to the kind of teams we used to annihilate it was almost to much to handle and I would be a seething a$$hole to anyone or anything that got within 50 feet of me. Not anymore though....Saturday I knew after it went 21-10 that we were done. At that point I finished up my grilling jumped in the pool to cool off for a few minutes then came in and calmly watched what has become almost common for us Gator football fans over the last 6 years. My wife also mentioned that I only said f vck 1 time all afternoon like it was some kind of record or something :lol:
Amazing wasn't it. Before they even got that first TD I knew we were going to lose. I could sense it at halftime and was really nervous. Then 3rd qtr starts and despite them throwing that pick I just had this feeling, then the TD and I was like yep... here it comes. These coaches gonna f this one up just like every coach we've had since 08 has. Honestly, even if I wasn't emotionally invested, why do I want to waste 4 hours of my day off watching a poor product on the tv? There are literally a million more productive things to do than that. If I'm going to burn an afternoon staring at a screen, I at least need to enjoy what I'm staring at. Sorry if some of you think that makes me a bad fan.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm just done with it. I'm at home snapping at my kids and overall acting like a dick because I'm so frustrated with the mass levels of ineptitude. And it's not even the players. It's the coaches.

I was trying to work on scheduling some work flights I had around the games - like the Georgia game. Fvk it. Why?

Nothing about watching Gator football is fun. Maybe if Nuss if fired I'll start watching games again. Maybe some competency by the coaches will bring me back. My weekends are full anyway.

Fwiw (and simply because I want to share), my gameday had some self realization as well. The morning went AWESOME in that both my kids won their soccer games (my son scored 2 of the 3 goals for his team). It was tough they played at the same time, but luckily the fields were next to each other so the wife and I just kept our heads on swivels and watched both. Daughter almost scored as well, which is a miracle if you saw the talent she's working with (makes up for it with determination). I've been making it a point to immerse myself in their games and forget about the world (work, Gator football, etc) as much as I can - so the day started off great!

And, with game time, I ran thru 3 beers in the first quarter (normally I drink a beer every couple of weeks)...but I had a bad feeling about this one as we entered the second and that's why I had the wife get more. After another six pack, I'm out on the back deck by myself watching thru a window so as not to melt down in front of the family and guests. Miserable, miserable, frustration. Eventually I told the wife to watch other games, just flip to UF once in awhile so I could know what was going on.

But to close the night, I played basketball with the wife and kids for about an hour and we all had a blast. That miserable football game was in the past, and we were enjoying the moment. I wasn't stumbling drunk, but even the kids said they wished we had more time with a "happy daddy" like that.

Perspective (and a lot of alcohol), that's what it takes to enjoy life when things aren't going well.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Amazing wasn't it. Before they even got that first TD I knew we were going to lose. I could sense it at halftime and was really nervous. Then 3rd qtr starts and despite them throwing that pick I just had this feeling, then the TD and I was like yep... here it comes. These coaches gonna f this one up just like every coach we've had since 08 has. Honestly, even if I wasn't emotionally invested, why do I want to waste 4 hours of my day off watching a poor product on the tv? There are literally a million more productive things to do than that. If I'm going to burn an afternoon staring at a screen, I at least need to enjoy what I'm staring at. Sorry if some of you think that makes me a bad fan.
No not at all man. I'm serious about Gator football but realized that it's not going to get much better for a few more years. I've accepted that but it took a while. The losses used to ruin my whole week and I'd be lying if I said they still don't feel a little bit like a hangover. But a much smaller hangover now.
I'm taking my car to a car meet Saturday morning/afternoon and will only be able to listen on the radio. I 'll still cheer when we do good and b!tch when we run the same failed play on 3rd or 4th down and short :lol:.....Heck if we do something different I can always catch it on the replay but I won't let another poor performance ruin the rest of my day.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I told my wife at half time that I was afraid the team was full of themselves due to the 21 points and there was too much chance of them not playing the second half. As the half went on she said, how did you know? Seen it too many times. Anyhow, sometimes a beatdown will cause the team to realize they have to play all 60 min no matter who they play.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I bet gatorj watches the game Saturday!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, with Les Miles fired only Nusschamp remains from that famous Lsu-Bammer 6-9 A gap bashfest of offensive ineptitude.

Of course Nusschamp has been fired twice since then.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Done with watching Gator football, I thought I'd just stare at my navel, but there's
orange & blue lint in there.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I remember some of the posters around here crowing that Mac had assembled perhaps the biggest rock star staff ever assembled in the history of football. "This staff" this, "this staff" that. You would have thought we had a dynasty going on here already.

And what has this staff wrought? Poor recruiting. An offensive line that cannot block. DB's that can't cover but sure can run their mouths. Special ED teams. Stupid penalties galore. No leadership. No adjustments. Poor in game management. Just a lot of coach speak and old golly hee haw its great to be here, lets sell some popcorn and love that atmosphere at Rocky Top.

Its a foregone conclusion Mac gets year three but his fate will be sealed if he does not pull in a great class this year and frankly its not looking good for him right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator