I am done watching Gator Football until Nuss is gone

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
* I don't know what the last 6 years has to do with Nuss. But I damn sure like we've been trying to do one hell of a lot better then I did the last 6 years. Play calling in the 3rd QTR was **** but is that on Mac or Nuss? In any case you can see the logic (albeit flawed) in going conservative with a lead, ****ty field position, and the nation's #1 defense (on paper). I'm pretty sure most of us, including Mac, were confident that our D could stop UT. As it turned out they/we were wrong but who amongst you bet that UT would score 38. Most of us expected 21 to 24 points would be enough to win this game. So Mac/Nuss did the conventional thing in the 3rd. Had they called pass plays that failed or got intercepted you'd be calling for their heads for that reason.
* Our Oline is average at best. Not a lot of starts or stars there. I guess time will tell but I can't point a finger at Summers yet given what he has to work with. Let's face it Mac has purposely challenged the Oline to get the job done this season and they haven't. 4th downs against weak opponents they should win. 3rd and one against UT when it matters they should win. As the Oline goes so goes the offense.
* Appleby didn't directly lose the game for us but a QB who only had a week to prepare with the ones and then had to get plays in and called in a hostile environment definitely was a factor in the game. It looked like it often does in the first game of the season with a first time starter and it's not surprising but those were the cards we were dealt when LDR went down. DL has to be able to see the play clock and have an inkling when the snap is coming. Not to mention just getting a feel for the snap with an inexperienced QB. Appleby played as well as he could in that situation.
* There is lots of blame to go around for this. Starting with the training staff (c'mon man, Florida players shouldn't have that many cramping issues). Tabor having to go get an IV in the third gave UT one, possibly two TD's. And Nord! OMG Nord has got to go. Last season it was KR's returning out of the end zone. This season it's Calloway fielding punts inside the 10. I can go on: Not covering the fake in the LSU game last year, Do we even try to block punts anymore? And obviously we haven't practiced onside kicks. Going into this game I thought field position would have a lot to do with the outcome and I was right. Only I thought we would win the field position battle. Calloway fielding those punts inside the 10 putting us in ****ty field position, which took us out of our offense, which led to conservative play calling which led to the loss.
* Elite programs are elite in every facet of the game. We are not. That's up to Mac to fix but I think we've got worse problems than Nuss.
BTW I predicted that Tabor was going to give up a TD because of his overconfidence/overaggression and he got burned for a TD when he fell and it looked like he was breaking on the short pass for the INT instead of just playing his man. Shut up Teez and do your job.
* Dobbs is a pain in the ass to defend. There's no getting around that and I'm really happy he's gone. Dawson got burned spying in the backfield instead of covering his man who went wide open into the end zone for a TD. Dobbs was a bigger influence on this game than any of us want to admit.
* We are what we are; Weak Oline, serviceable QBs, good RB's, Ok TE's and one good WR with a bad wheel and questionable decision making. Defensively our DBs have more mouth than game, we have good pass rushers and ****ty run stoppers. I'm excited about the offense going forward if we can field all starters at the same time (and the Oline improves). I've liked the play calling after the **** show we had under 'Chump and I totally discount last season as a lost year due to Treon. We have a long way to go and if at the very least Nord isn't gone after this season I'm gonna be sharpening my pitchfork.

Last edited:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch many games in chump's final year. It was what it was. If I could catch a game, I would pop in, see the same crap, and then do something else. Just numb.

The difference with Mac is that he provided HOPE with the wins early last year and then the comeback vs Tennessee and the total domination vs Ole Miss. We knew Grier only had ONE good game but we resigned ourselves to Treon being the issue late last year - ALTHOUGH that was on Mac as well since he NEVER REPLACED Treon.

Hope springs eternally before the season begins. We then open the season nursing a 10-3 halftime lead against UMASS and an absolutely pitiful game against North Texas. Then the clusterfvk vs Tennessee.

I bought into the hope - But it was BS. My life is incredibly busy and this is the one thing that I do for entertainment. All my time revolves around work, family, and volunteer commitments. This is my one escape. And it's not longer fun or enjoyable and I just don't see that changing in the near future.

This. All of it.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I didn't watch many games in chump's final year. It was what it was. If I could catch a game, I would pop in, see the same crap, and then do something else. Just numb.

The difference with Mac is that he provided HOPE with the wins early last year and then the comeback vs Tennessee and the total domination vs Ole Miss. We knew Grier only had ONE good game but we resigned ourselves to Treon being the issue late last year - ALTHOUGH that was on Mac as well since he NEVER REPLACED Treon.

Hope springs eternally before the season begins. We then open the season nursing a 10-3 halftime lead against UMASS and an absolutely pitiful game against North Texas. Then the clusterfvk vs Tennessee.

I bought into the hope - But it was BS. My life is incredibly busy and this is the one thing that I do for entertainment. All my time revolves around work, family, and volunteer commitments. This is my one escape. And it's not longer fun or enjoyable and I just don't see that changing in the near future.

Generally yes. Call me fair weathered. If they are sucking it up in a season I'll turn the TV for a while but I'm not rearranging my schedule to watch a game that will suck the life out of me.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
That last paragraph is me. I wait all year for college football and it is starting to loose it's enjoyment. I think some of this falls at the feet of the departed AD. His success with UF sports as a whole is pretty remarkable but in that effort to show parity I don't think all the resources that were available to find top tier coaches for basketball and football were used in that capacity. Looked for the best value,not the best coaches. And recruiting has suffered dearly because of it, IMO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That last paragraph is me. I wait all year for college football and it is starting to loose it's enjoyment. I think some of this falls at the feet of the departed AD.
The pile of shiite hasnt gone anywhere yet.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At least I only lost Ox money on the fiasco.
Unfortunately, some of lost real money. I mean a lot of real money.

We were in soft zone most of the second half until we got to the redzone. Sidehat's specialty. He does it both when he is bored and ahead and when he is nervous and playing tight.
Bend but don't break, Baby.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't know why anyone would have put money on this game. We were going in with an unproven QB and a team that really hadn't been tested by anybody. I didn't even bet Ox money on the game.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I'm wasting so much energy - and I'm way too invested in the outcomes of these games. The product has been absolute garbage for 6 years. I was hoping that Mac could turn around the program. The defense is going to take a massive step backwards next year due to recruiting and as long as Nuss is calling plays we are going to be abysmal on offense.

The point of watching our beloved Gators play is to see competency and have fun game days where we enjoy what we see. Neither is happening.

Regardless of whether Mac is the answer or not, our offense has been straight garbage under Nuss. After the 10-15 scripted plays that begin every game, he goes absolutely stupid in his play calls. 3 pass plays in a quarter and half? Are you kidding me?

Wake me up when he's been canned and I'll turn the television back on.

I dont want my team to quit ever. But I am going to quit watching them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good lord Dan, get over yourself. It's the players duty to play, they get a free education and a chance to play in the pros for millions in exchange for their efforts. It's the coaches job to coach, they are paid small fortunes to do so, even the mehh ones at that level.

It's their dang job that they are well compensated for. Sorry but it's not fans job to watch them if their product sucks. You start paying me money or giving me a free education to watch and then you can talk about quitting. Until then your comment is completely off base and totally illogical.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Good lord Dan, get over yourself. It's the players duty to play, they get a free education and a chance to play in the pros for millions in exchange for their efforts. It's the coaches job to coach, they are paid small fortunes to do so, even the mehh ones at that level.

It's their dang job that they are well compensated for. Sorry but it's not fans job to watch them if their product sucks. You start paying me money or giving me a free education to watch and then you can talk about quitting. Until then your comment is completely off base and totally illogical.

Im just glad everyone doesnt feel the same way. We would look like Miami on game day.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the pumpers had their way, we would still have chump. They like seeing us embroiled in mediocrity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator