I am done watching Gator Football until Nuss is gone

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss didn't talk **** all week and then let their WRs make our DBs look like fools. He didn't call a good game in the 2nd half, no doubt, but he didn't crap the bed on defense either.
No he didn't...sidehat did. Fire both of those idiots.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Salaries of those 3 clowns:

Summers: $488,500
Nuss: $515,000
Nord: $400,000

That's $1.4M tied up in those 3 trainwrecks.

If anyone was curious, Collins makes $890K. But I think he's actually done a decent job this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We're paying Summers nearly half a mil a year? :crazy:

giphy.gif

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm honestly at a complete loss as to what Nuss was thinking in the second half. Applby was doing fine and we simply stopped throwing the ball even thought they were selling out to stop the run. I know we have a good D, but you can't ask them to play the entire half. That 20 minutes of football to open the half was as bad as anything we put on the field last year.
He doesn't belong here. He's done this far too often, this time it backfired. He needs to go.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Salaries of those 3 clowns:

Summers: $488,500
Nuss: $515,000
Nord: $400,000

That's $1.4M tied up in those 3 trainwrecks.

If anyone was curious, Collins makes $890K. But I think he's actually done a decent job this year.
He's done great against HS teams. Play a team in the Top 25 and he puts their QB in the Heisman discussion.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Again, I think the game started that way because of the scripted plays. Mac said somewhere that the first 10-15 plays are scripted. But when play calling is needed by Nuss it goes to hell in a hand basket.
You're blaming Nuss when you should be blaming Collins....Dude relax, It happens and it's what this team and coaches needed. We'll be a better team later in the year for this game believe it or not. Every team in this division has glaring holes......BTW I called this after we tried a deep hand off on 3rd and inches in our 1st series of the 2nd half after the interception instead of QB sneak with 250# QB...............................we lost the game right then and there so be careful what you ask for wanting aggressive play calling all the time. Had we picked up the 1st and even ran another 4 or 5 minutes off the clock this would have been a different game......guaranteed. Sometimes Mac doesn't seem to know these very important game management skills.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Called a spectacular game in the first half, went way too conservative in the second.

Yep, and our defense went spectacularly soft. And Callaway's special teams IQ suffers from global freezing.

Otherwise, I liked what I saw.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
You're blaming Nuss when you should be blaming Collins....Dude relax, It happens and it's what this team and coaches needed. We'll be a better team later in the year for this game believe it or not. Every team in this division has glaring holes......BTW I called this after we tried a deep hand off on 3rd and inches in our 1st series of the 2nd half after the interception instead of QB sneak with 250# QB...............................we lost the game right then and there so be careful what you ask for wanting aggressive play calling all the time. Had we picked up the 1st and even ran another 4 or 5 minutes off the clock this would have been a different game......guaranteed. Sometimes Mac doesn't seem to know these very important game management skills.

Very optimistic. I give you props.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Appleby played as well as LDR in most aspects. I thought he might crumble and be the reason we lost. He had a lot of good throws and just the one brain fart, which should have been PLENTY for us to win this game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Sure. Defense was crap. However, play call calling had A LOT to do with that. I know that you'd prefer us to never pass the ball because of your Beliemia Man Love, but we had only 3 drives that were longer than 2 minutes in the 2nd half. The TD drive was a tad over 4 minutes. The other 2 drives were 2.20 and 2.14 - The other 5 were between 11 seconds and a minute and a half. Hell - If you're going to run power football you have to run more time than that off the clock.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not even angry. Gator football has lost its luster for me. I've accepted we're mediocre and we'll be an 8-10 win team most years. We'll get a new AD that will be scared to death to pull the trigger quickly on the football coach, so it's going to be several years before we even attempt to upgrade. I suspect we'll be pretty devoid of talent by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator