I am done watching Gator Football until Nuss is gone

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Appleby played as well as LDR in most aspects. I thought he might crumble and be the reason we lost. He had a lot of good throws and jus itt the one brain fart, which should have been PLENTY for us to win this game.
He played every bit as well as Del Rio would have. He's got a better arm, is more decisive, protects the ball, makes good decisions and is more mobile. I honestly prefer him, but what the eff do I know?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not even angry. Gator football has lost its luster for me. I've accepted we're mediocre and we'll be an 8-10 win team most years. We'll get a new AD that will be scared to death to pull the trigger quickly on the football coach, so it's going to be several years before we even attempt to upgrade. I suspect we'll be pretty devoid of talent by then.

This just depressed me. But it's true.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The second half of that game was will muschamp all over again. Sit on the football with a 21-3 lead. Blame nussmeier if you want but mac calls the shots.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
if UF is going to achieve relevancy again, it won't be before the next decade.

look what UGA has been dealing with for better than 25 years.....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The second half of that game was will muschamp all over again. Sit on the football with a 21-3 lead. Blame nussmeier if you want but mac calls the shots.

Nuss calls all the plays Mac said but I agree Mac needed to make an intervention there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sure. Defense was crap. However, play call calling had A LOT to do with that. I know that you'd prefer us to never pass the ball because of your Beliemia Man Love, but we had only 3 drives that were longer than 2 minutes in the 2nd half. The TD drive was a tad over 4 minutes. The other 2 drives were 2.20 and 2.14 - The other 5 were between 11 seconds and a minute and a half. Hell - If you're going to run power football you have to run more time than that off the clock.
It's not about "power football" don't you get it!!! Mac is a good system guy but HE STRUGGLES IN GAMETIME MOMENTUM situations....that's why our offense goes stone cold for lon periods of a time. We walk right up to the line of being superior to our opponents then let them off the hook by going for 4th down instead of kicking FG's or not doing QB sneaks and passing or doing deep hand offs on 3rd and short....it appears to be habitual.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He played every bit as well as Del Rio would have. He's got a better arm, is more decisive, protects the ball, makes good decisions and is more mobile. I honestly prefer him, but what the eff do I know?
I've been down on applebee all week. But Im with ya. I think he's the better qb. He looks like he could be the bridge guy until franks or trask is ready next year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not about "power football" don't you get it!!! Mac is a good system guy but HE STRUGGLES IN GAMETIME MOMENTUM situations....that's why our offense goes stone cold for lon periods of a time. We walk right up to the line of being superior to our opponents then let them off the hook by going for 4th down instead of kicking FG's or not doing QB sneaks and passing or doing deep hand offs on 3rd and short....it appears to be habitual.

Well I agree with that. I don't know if it's a Mac thing or a Nuss thing. Start by canning Nuss. If it continues then we know it's a Mac thing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss calls all the plays Mac said but I agree Mac needed to make an intervention there.
You don't think mac has a head set? As an offensive coach, he damn sure knows what we're running. Nussmeier is just an extension of mac.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I have no idea how much of this is Nuss. It looked to me that TN adjusted, which I feared would happen. Gators lined up a scheme that worked for Appleby, which made him look much better than he ever has. He had plenty of time, and just about every throw was a safe one. By the second half TN was bringing in the kitchen sink, and Appleby had no time at all. I am guessing he isn't good enough to check off and adjust to what the defense is doing.

However, bitch about Nuss or Appleby or whoever all you want, we gave up 35 points in the second half. We never expected this offense would be consistently great, but it was assumed the D would not give up 35 pts whatever happened.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You don't think mac has a head set? As an offensive coach, he damn sure knows what we're running. Nussmeier is just an extension of mac.
Yeah, Mac is supposed to be an offense guy. Do you really think Nuss is calling these games the way Mac doesn't want him to? The problem is Mac.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Mac is supposed to be an offense guy. Do you really think Nuss is calling these games the way Mac doesn't want him to? The problem is Mac.
Exactly. Nobody was blaming dj durkin when bama was torching our asses.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well I agree with that. I don't know if it's a Mac thing or a Nuss thing. Start by canning Nuss. If it continues then we know it's a Mac thing.
If it's a Mac thing then can we hire Bert?:lmao2: Seriously Dude, you know damned good and well that we weren't a DOMINANT team going into this game....This was a WAKE THE F VCK UP CALL....We'll win the East.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's as much on Collins and special teams and the players as the playcalling. We melted down. I cannot recall in 41 years as a Gator another team rattling off 38 unanswered points. This was awful.

Well, on second thought we did once lose 44-0 to Georgia.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's as much on Collins and special teams and the players as the playcalling. We melted down. I cannot recall in 41 years as a Gator another team rattling off 38 unanswered points. This was awful.

Well, on second thought we did once lose 44-0 to Georgia.
Thanks for the reminder.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
By 4th qtr the anger subsided and the apathetic feeling crept in. It's not fun to watch anymore but I will keep on doing it.

Season is not lost guys, but it sure isn't looking good. Let's pray somebody is foolish enough to hire Swag Juice and Mac grows a pair and cans Nuss/Nord & Summers.

Props to Appleby though, kid played well.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On the positive side, the white helmets looked good.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
1. Appleby is a much better QB than anyone on here gave him credit for. He played plenty well enough for us to win this game.
2. Playcalling stifled the offense. Yes Mac is as responsible as Nuss.
3. Our defense is not as good as we thought. And they talk to much. Shut up!!!
4. The east and a chance at Atlanta are still possible. Back away from the ledge.
5. I hope we don't have a long term expensive contract with Mac.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I been following Florida Football for a really long time. I have seen some second half collapses (several under Zook), but nothing close to this magnitude. This was a "wait until next year" moment; a total, unmitigated collapse by the entire team AND coaches. Embarrassing. Disheartening. Deflating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator