I am done watching Gator Football until Nuss is gone

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Sadly I think i finally feel the same way. I always make a priority to watch the games but I'm no longer going to plan my weekends around them.
Bull$hit. All you pussies can't handle the negative emotions of losing a game. Yes it sucks but life goes on. Get a grip.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bull$hit. All you pussies can't handle the negative emotions of losing a game. Yes it sucks but life goes on. Get a grip.

It seems like we're handling it well. We're electing to not watch the game. Seems like you're not handling it very well.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
It seems like we're handling it well. We're electing to not watch the game. Seems like you're not handling it very well.
Yeah I'm pissed off but I'm not jumping ship. My expectations for the year apparently weren't as high as yours.

I watched every game of our 4 - 8 season and I'll watch whatever this turns into. There's no doubt we choked hard but you don't fire coaches after one crappy game and you sure as sh!t don't jump ship on your team after one loss.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I'm pissed off but I'm not jumping ship. My expectations for the year apparently weren't as high as yours.

I watched every game of our 4 - 8 season and I'll watch whatever this turns into. There's no doubt we choked hard but you don't fire coaches after one crappy game and you sure as sh!t don't jump ship on your team after one loss.

One crappy game?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as the offense wa in the second half it was the defense that really sucked. DBU? You have to be kidding me! Stop talking and cover somebody!

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
This is not the first time this team gave up. The second half felt like the Bowl game against Meat Chicken. We blamed that on disinterested players who were going to the NFL and it being an inconsequential game. I don't buy it. When you are competitive you want to win. When you are a winner you always want to win. I don't know whether it's the players or the coaches, but this team acted like a bunch of losers. I don't think we can blame Muschamp anymore. This team feels broken. Appleby played well in the first half. In the second half, he looked like he was used to losing (which he is). Does anyone think we would have been worse off with Treon playing? I didn't see any players or coaches fired up in the second half. I am incredibly disappointed. At least I only lost Ox money on the fiasco.:trainwreck:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I don't count the games Treon Harris had to start since I don't consider him a real QB.

Another excuse machine. How many did you serve up for Muschamp?

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Nobody is jumping ship. I will watch if I am home or out and the game is on. I will wear my Gator gear win or lose. What I won't continue to do is organize my whole day around these games when they are not remotely enjoyable to watch. I really could not care less if we win or lose because I have better things in life than this game. I just wish we showed a small sliver of hope or competence to where I could get excited about a return to relevancy. I haven't seen one real positive thing in at least 6 years and don't think we have the guy to change that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as the offense wa in the second half it was the defense that really sucked. DBU? You have to be kidding me! Stop talking and cover somebody!
We were in soft zone most of the second half until we got to the redzone. Sidehat's specialty. He does it both when he is bored and ahead and when he is nervous and playing tight.

Look I dont mind doing it for maybe one series, especially with a QB who had been self-destructing, or when we are worried about the run, but as soon as they score once, it has to be over.

We used to laugh when Fulmer or Band Boy played this way.

I dont even want talk about Nusschamp running the ball incessantly against a loaded box.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
My old boss used to say "we don't make excuses. We make solutions."

For 8 f---ing years, it's been 'blow your brains out' football followed by nothing but excuses. I'm tired of reading about excuses. I'm sick of talking about excuses. I'm done with hearing about excuses. I want change. I'm fed up with it not being fun anymore. We are Florida. I can't keep planning my life around watching this drudgery.

No more excuses. Solutions. Change. It starts now. Or it starts never...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My old boss used to say "we don't make excuses. We make solutions."

For 8 f---ing years, it's been 'blow your brains out' football followed by nothing but excuses. I'm tired of reading about excuses. I'm sick of talking about excuses. I'm done with hearing about excuses. I want change. I'm fed up with it not being fun anymore. We are Florida. I can't keep planning my life around watching this drudgery.

No more excuses. Solutions. Change. It starts now. Or it starts never...
If you're expecting anyone to get fired you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I'm expecting the SOS (and that doesn't mean Spurrier). What I'd like is something resembling the teams I saw between 1991 and 2008.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If you're expecting anyone to get fired you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Agreed. This is Foley's guy. He'll get next year then we'll have to get a restraining order for Foley to stay away from the athletic building so we can hire a real coach.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It's as much on Collins and special teams and the players as the playcalling. We melted down. I cannot recall in 41 years as a Gator another team rattling off 38 unanswered points. This was awful.

Well, on second thought we did once lose 44-0 to Georgia.

With Herschel carrying 11 defenders across the goal line.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah those days were long ass drives back from Jacksonville...

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All you guys saying you're done watching are still going to watch.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I feel like a lot of the issues here are symptoms of what a rebuilding process looks like. Our Oline has very little veteran depth and at this point is a little short on talent. That's on Champ and summers in my book. Really can't fix that in one or two cycles. Short on playmakers ln the outside? Again the only proven guy we have is a sophomore and he's surrounded by 3 true freshman and a converted Smurf running back. That's still a failing of the previous regime. A tottaly revamped QB depth chart that had never taken a snap on the road in the SEC? Again that's symptomatic of rebuilding. Now this staff has had its own set of short comings. DBU out side of Wilson and maybe Maye played like crap. Colins has the first team horses but it also looked like they ran out of gas due to 5(?!) 3 and outs in the second half. Oline play has been average to bad for 2 years. I feel like our emotion stems from how much it sucks to watch those toothless hillbillies celebrating for the first time in over a decade, but this should have happened last year and the year before that. Really we've won games that our talent shouldn't have allowed for, so yall need to also give the staff credit for that. My belief is that we need another 2 years to be totally nationally relevant and firing too many coaches will actually retard that progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator