I am done watching Gator Football until Nuss is gone

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
As bad as the offense wa in the second half it was the defense that really sucked. DBU? You have to be kidding me! Stop talking and cover somebody!

DBU is a complete joke. Teez needs to change his name again.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
DBU is a complete joke. Teez needs to change his name again.
These guys build themselves up every ear by overwhelming inferior competition and every year they take a huge sh!t against real teams with equal or better talent...it's very predictable in fact. What happens is when we play someone who has a real offensive line that can slow down our pass rush they aren't used to having to hold their coverage....our safeties look like they have lead weights on their ankles.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
This is not the first time this team gave up. The second half felt like the Bowl game against Meat Chicken. We blamed that on disinterested players who were going to the NFL and it being an inconsequential game. I don't buy it. When you are competitive you want to win. When you are a winner you always want to win. I don't know whether it's the players or the coaches, but this team acted like a bunch of losers. I don't think we can blame Muschamp anymore. This team feels broken. Appleby played well in the first half. In the second half, he looked like he was used to losing (which he is). Does anyone think we would have been worse off with Treon playing? I didn't see any players or coaches fired up in the second half. I am incredibly disappointed. At least I only lost Ox money on the fiasco.:trainwreck:
I agree completely especially on the bowl game assessment... I've never understood ppl so willing to write them off when players don't care. Other teams show up, why don't we?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We were in soft zone most of the second half until we got to the redzone. Sidehat's specialty.
Yep, the soft zone and zone blitzes. If you run that crap and you don't get to the QB you are going to get picked apart.

With the talent and experience our 1s on defense have, there is no way they could have scored 35 in a half of we just played straight up man.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
These guys build themselves up every ear by overwhelming inferior competition and every year they take a huge sh!t against real teams with equal or better talent...it's very predictable in fact. What happens is when we play someone who has a real offensive line that can slow down our pass rush they aren't used to having to hold their coverage....our safeties look like they have lead weights on their ankles.
If you play zone and give the QB time you are going to get killed no matter how talented your DBs are.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
And here I thought we were going to go someplace up where we were during the Spurrier years. Geez...what a depressing disappointment this turned out to be. We just plain quit playing football in the 3rd quarter. No team leadership shown...too many discipinary breakdowns.
We've been Gators (2 of our kids are Gator Grads), for over 60 years & I kinda know when thinks smell bad. This has the beginnings of a season we will like to forget ala 1979 & 2014. Southeren football, specifically SEC football is like no other, you either are elite or an also ran. Just ask our "friends" in Athens. Hell, David Cutcliff takes a Duke team & beats ND. He didn't do it without a staff that knows how to coach during games!
I'm just frustrated we don't appear to have learned much in order to keep from repeating the same 'ol BS. Go Gators!

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I called this after we tried a deep hand off on 3rd and inches in our 1st series of the 2nd half after the interception instead of QB sneak with 250# QB...............................we lost the game right then and there so be careful what you ask for wanting aggressive play calling all the time. Had we picked up the 1st and even ran another 4 or 5 minutes off the clock this would have been a different game......guaranteed. Sometimes Mac doesn't seem to know these very important game management skills.

When I saw that throw-away of the first possession I knew we were in trouble. We needed one damn foot, if that. QB sneak gets 2 yards guaranteed. So our genius OC calls an end run into the whole TN defense, who were waiting in the backfield. That was the turning point of the game.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And here I thought we were going to go someplace up where we were during the Spurrier years. Geez...what a depressing disappointment this turned out to be. We just plain quit playing football in the 3rd quarter. No team leadership shown...too many discipinary breakdowns.
We've been Gators (2 of our kids are Gator Grads), for over 60 years & I kinda know when thinks smell bad. This has the beginnings of a season we will like to forget ala 1979 & 2014. Southeren football, specifically SEC football is like no other, you either are elite or an also ran. Just ask our "friends" in Athens. Hell, David Cutcliff takes a Duke team & beats ND. He didn't do it without a staff that knows how to coach during games!
I'm just frustrated we don't appear to have learned much in order to keep from repeating the same 'ol BS. Go Gators!
Rebuilding a team takes real talent and time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rebuilding a team takes real talent and time.
Yes, and this staff has pretty much zero ability to recruit talent. They are about to follow up the two worst classes since probation with the third worst class.

We three great recruiting classes from competing again and the first one isnt in the oven yet.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to agree with law, but he's right. Recruiting is not good, and that doesn't appear to be changing.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Imagine what an offense like Louisville would do to our defense and DBU. That was a terrible passing QB that lit up DBU!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
J started this thread about stepping back from being so invested in this team bc it's just not enjoyable and it's making him be someone he doesn't like.

Well, after reading his comments I had that feeling that you get when sitting in the pew and feeling like the preachers words are directed straight at you :embarrassed:

My son has been sick and battling an ear infection, and my wife has been getting little sleep. She had to run errands and see her grandmother in the hospital who may not last much longer so she left our son with me and left a few mins before the game. My son woke up from his nap and was not happy, had to console him for about an hour, instead of being a good dad I was irritated the whole time bc the game was going like crap. Then my wife called right before they took the lead to see how we were and I acted like a complete ahole to her simply bc of the freakin game. It hurt her feelings. I felt really badly and apologized and, of course, she was perfectly fine after which honestly, she shouldn't have been. I was a dck.

Reading J's comments made me realize I've become the same person. I'm nervous and irritable leading up to kickoff and then pissed off and irritable during and afterwards more often than not. And this usually ends up ruining my entire weekend.

I'm gonna try to step back a bit and get some perspective. My family deserves a lot better than what I've been giving them for the last year or so. I'll still be around but I'm gonna try and back off a bit.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
J started this thread about stepping back from being so invested in this team bc it's just not enjoyable and it's making him be someone he doesn't like.

Well, after reading his comments I had that feeling that you get when sitting in the pew and feeling like the preachers words are directed straight at you :embarrassed:

My son has been sick and battling an ear infection, and my wife has been getting little sleep. She had to run errands and see her grandmother in the hospital who may not last much longer so she left our son with me and left a few mins before the game. My son woke up from his nap and was not happy, had to console him for about an hour, instead of being a good dad I was irritated the whole time bc the game was going like crap. Then my wife called right before they took the lead to see how we were and I acted like a complete ahole to her simply bc of the freakin game. It hurt her feelings. I felt really badly and apologized and, of course, she was perfectly fine after which honestly, she shouldn't have been. I was a dck.

Reading J's comments made me realize I've become the same person. I'm nervous and irritable leading up to kickoff and then pissed off and irritable during and afterwards more often than not.

I'm gonna try to step back a bit and get some perspective. My family deserves a lot better than what I've been giving them for the last year or so. I'll still be around but I'm gonna try and back off a bit.

I love gator football as much as anyone. I have been a fan for a long time. I hurt when my team looses and I wish we could finally be relevant once again. That being said, no football game will ever cause me to treat my family any differently win or loose. I have zero control over young men playing a game. I pull hard for them and I have high hopes for them and I really want better for them but it does not rule my life. When the game is over, life goes on and I start hoping we win next week. What else can anyone do?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
It's still just a game... no need to let their performance impact your behavior... I guess I've just mellowed with age though because I used to really get wound up about Gator Football a few years back.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's still just a game... no need to let their performance impact your behavior... I guess I've just mellowed with age though because I used to really get wound up about Gator Football a few years back.
I thought I had mellowed until I watched that $hit yesterday. I'm still pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator