Is Anyone Tracking Flights Out of Gainesville

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n94061]

Interesting. Direct from whom? [/QUOTE]

Won't disclose that. I'm one person removed from the conversation though, so I know it's accurate. Again, to be clear, I'm not saying Stoops will be the next HC, or even that the interest is there on Foley's part. But if the money is correct, he'd come. That's the only thing I can confirm.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n94080 said:
I find it hard to believe stoops is just waiting for an offer after being in Oklahoma for what 16 seasons? Also I don't know that I believe muschamp is fired, there's nothing to gain by secretly firing him.

No doubt in my mind that the decision is essentially made already. But I also feel that if by some chance WM pulled out a miracle finish, Foley may very well look for a reason to retain him. I've been adamant about doing immediately after the Mizzou game so we could rally, and still feel that's the best overall move. But Foley obviously feels like it's worth waiting.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94089 said:
No doubt in my mind that the decision is essentially made already. But I also feel that if by some chance WM pulled out a miracle finish, Foley may very well look for a reason to retain him. I've been adamant about doing immediately after the Mizzou game so we could rally, and still feel that's the best overall move. But Foley obviously feels like it's worth waiting.

My point is what is there to gain from it? If he is fired win or lose,how does that help either party? This info is probably being leaked on purpose to cool down the angry mob.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94087 said:
Won't disclose that. I'm one person removed from the conversation though, so I know it's accurate. Again, to be clear, I'm not saying Stoops will be the next HC, or even that the interest is there on Foley's part. But if the money is correct, he'd come. That's the only thing I can confirm.

Dang you sofla... now im going to be sleepless until something happens and heartbroken when his name isn't stoops. I really want that guy. :coffee:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94087 said:

Any new coach at this point would rally Gator Nation, but I feel Stoops would really energize everyone. We've flirted with him twice, allegedly, we wanted him in 2002, he wanted us in 2010, but we've just never been able to connect it. He's a defensive mind but clearly isn't scared of high-powered, productive offenses. Most importantly, he's a proven winner. I'm certainly confident that under his leadership, we'll never find ourselves down 42-0 at home to mf'n Mizzou.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n94136 said:
Any new coach at this point would rally Gator Nation, but I feel Stoops would really energize everyone. We've flirted with him twice, allegedly, we wanted him in 2002, he wanted us in 2010, but we've just never been able to connect it. He's a defensive mind but clearly isn't scared of high-powered, productive offenses. Most importantly, he's a proven winner. I'm certainly confident that under his leadership, we'll never find ourselves down 42-0 at home to mf'n Mizzou.
He's had TWO Heisman winning QB's. It would be huge for recruiting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n94154 said:
Should have only been one though. Bradford didn't deserve that Heisman.
Agree. But the point is the same. He likes offense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94087 said:

So let's take this the next step. Stoops' current contract pays him $4.75 million annually ($1.75 million above what Muschamp earns). Does your source think we need to be in the ballpark of what he's currently earning or above?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n94158 said:
Agree. But the point is the same. He likes offense.

Maybe too much. I think he has lost his touch a bit on the defensive side of the ball. I would still be excited if Stoops became our new HC.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n94160]

So let's take this the next step. Stoops' current contract pays him $4.75 million annually ($1.75 million above what Muschamp earns). Does your source think we need to be in the ballpark of what he's currently earning or above? [/QUOTE]
They'd probably have to bump that to at least 6. And I bet you they would.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care how many big games Stoops has come up short. Getting there is why you play the game. A Stoops hire would be a major coup for Foley and the University.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94008 said:
No flights involved at this point, and I'm not even sure if an offer has been made. But I can tell you that Stoops is 100% a matter of money. If Foley makes a solid offer, he would come. I'm not normally a "source" guy, but this is direct.

I hear Chip Kelly is just a matter of money, too. :dance:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n94166 said:
They'd probably have to bump that to at least 6. And I bet you they would.

I could live comfortably on 5.5. I'd even buy ad space on GCMB.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n94175 said:
No state income tax

5.5 cents on the dollar at his income level in Oklahoma.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
G 2;n94172 said:
I hear Chip Kelly is just a matter of money, too. :dance:

He makes 6.5 million with the Eagles. Would UF make him the highest paid coach in college?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n94112 said:
Dang you sofla... now im going to be sleepless until something happens and heartbroken when his name isn't stoops. I really want that guy. :coffee:

Again, I have to say...

:rainbow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.