Is Anyone Tracking Flights Out of Gainesville

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n94166 said:
They'd probably have to bump that to at least 6. And I bet you they would.

I bet they wouldn't. They was barely paying Meyer 5

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n94177]

5.5 cents on the dollar at his income level in Oklahoma. [/QUOTE]

So an extra quarter million down the tubes.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n94178 said:
He makes 6.5 million with the Eagles. Would UF make him the highest paid coach in college?

Just harassing Sofla as an Eagles fan.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops' comments after the Sugar Bowl romp over Alabama. He obviously knows the SEC is the top of the mountain. Maybe it's time to consider some scaling.

"When I made the comment, the bottom half of the SEC was like zero-and-36 against the top half of the SEC. You realize that? A year ago … nobody talks about that. My point was, don't say SEC like they're all doing that [beating everyone]. One or two or three top teams … sure, you give them the credit. Alabama … I've got the utmost respect for them. Are you kidding me? How could you not? But in the end, don't talk about the entire conference that way. It's just not true.
"Hey, I've got total respect for Alabama, but you can't deny what we did last night. Obviously, we can play with anybody, whether it's the SEC or anyone else. And to say we can't … well, Alabama's been rolling the SEC for the last three years and we didn't seem to be overwhelmed last night. I'm done with that talk."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-criticism-sec

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe anything will save WM. Stoops would be an awesome hire. I think he would like to get in on some of that SECTV. Peterson and Cutcliffe round out my top 3. I would include SOS if we could get a five year guarantee. I think he would come back for another title shot. I would go for Scott Frost at Oregon if we dip into the kindergarten ranks.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n94160]

So let's take this the next step. Stoops' current contract pays him $4.75 million annually ($1.75 million above what Muschamp earns). Does your source think we need to be in the ballpark of what he's currently earning or above? [/QUOTE]

That's a joke, right? Being in the ballpark isn't gonna cut it. Even with no state income tax. No way he moves from a program that's humming along for a decade and a half for less or the same money. It's gotta come with a raise. 6 mill. would probably do it. The question is, would Oklahoma counter and if so, how much? It'd be nice if we could snag him for under 6 million, say maybe 5.5 or 5.75 million and push the no state income tax bit. Of course what do I care? It may as well be monopoly money to me. I say throw an armored car full of money at him. :dance:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n94189 said:
That's a joke, right? Being in the ballpark isn't gonna cut it. Even with no state income tax. No way he moves from a program that's humming along for a decade and a half for less or the same money. It's gotta come with a raise. 6 mill. would probably do it. The question is, would Oklahoma counter and if so, how much? It'd be nice if we could snag him for under 6 million, say maybe 5.5 or 5.75 million and push the no state income tax bit. Of course what do I care? It may as well be monopoly money to me. I say throw an armored car full of money at him. :dance:

No, it wasn't a joke, and I'll tell you why. Although money certainly matters, I also think he's reaching something akin to a critical mass based on age. Spurrier met it and finally had to scratch the itch. He's been in Norman an awful long time. You eventually get stale no matter how well things are going. Yes, $6 million would definitely get his attention, but my guess is he's got multiple things that motivate him at this stage of his career.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n94160]

So let's take this the next step. Stoops' current contract pays him $4.75 million annually ($1.75 million above what Muschamp earns). Does your source think we need to be in the ballpark of what he's currently earning or above? [/QUOTE]

That I don't know. I would assume he'd need it to be a raise to make it worth his while. But it was a vague, yet specific, statement. No particular number mentioned, but that the interest/desire was in fact there. That was really my intention in the original post. I've seen people sort of shoot that down as an option, with the assumption being that it's doubtful he'd have any interest. That's not the case. It's purely the numbers side of things. We can get him, no question.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n94183 said:
I bet they wouldn't. They was barely paying Meyer 5
Apples and freaking oranges. These are desperate times.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n94112 said:
Dang you sofla... now im going to be sleepless until something happens and heartbroken when his name isn't stoops. I really want that guy. :coffee:

Like I said, I'm not predicting he'll be the guy. Just that he's clearly not opposed to the idea and would welcome an offer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94195 said:
Like I said, I'm not predicting he'll be the guy. Just that he's clearly not opposed to the idea and would welcome an offer.

You're one poster whose credibility I wouldn't question. Assuming this all to be accurate, Foley's brain dead if he doesn't immediately go online to check the UF bank balance and then (if necessary) go door to door with the rich boosters to raise the necessary cash to woo Stoops. You HAVE to try and hire this guy for so many reasons.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n94194 said:
Apples and freaking oranges. These are desperate times.

If Foley is in charge they won't break the bank I feel confident at that. Foley has never proven he'll dig into the check book like that

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n94206]

You're one poster whose credibility I wouldn't question. Assuming this all to be accurate, Foley's brain dead if he doesn't immediately go online to check the UF bank balance and then (if necessary) go door to door with the rich boosters to raise the necessary cash to woo Stoops. You HAVE to try and hire this guy for so many reasons. [/QUOTE]

Stoops is not worth $6 mil a year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n94211 said:
Stoops is not worth $6 mil a year.

Then what is he worth? Be sure to explain yourself.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n94206]

You're one poster whose credibility I wouldn't question. Assuming this all to be accurate, Foley's brain dead if he doesn't immediately go online to check the UF bank balance and then (if necessary) go door to door with the rich boosters to raise the necessary cash to woo Stoops. You HAVE to try and hire this guy for so many reasons. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can guarantee the conversation took place and the words were what they are. What Stoops may be thinking, or for that matter, what Foley may be thinking, I have no clue. But I was pretty excited to hear it, because I think it also confirms what many of us have said, which is that we're still a premier job that can get a premier coach. I can't imagine that sentiment would be unique to him.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n94188 said:
. Peterson and Cutcliffe round out my top 3. I would include SOS if we could get a five year guarantee. I think he would come back for another title shot. I would go for Scott Frost at Oregon if we dip into the kindergarten ranks.

Let me see...No, No, No, No. Yep that's how I feel about your selections.

If Peterson can make Washington a winner then we'll talk, winning at BSU does nothing for me.
Cutcliffe can't even excite his wife let alone a fanbase or potential recruits
SOS isn't coming back..........ever
Frost? The guy is still swinging on Kelly's sack, once CK player's are gone, Frost will show his true colors.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
soflagator;n94214 said:
Yeah, I can guarantee the conversation took place and the words were what they are. What Stoops may be thinking, or for that matter, what Foley may be thinking, I have no clue. But I was pretty excited to hear it, because I think it also confirms what many of us have said, which is that we're still a premier job that can get a premier coach. I can't imagine that sentiment would be unique to him.

I believe Sofla also, with that said, if Foley doesn't open up the checkbook and bring in Big Game Bob, I would literally want Foley fired that day....unless Chip Kelly was on the other line haha

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94214 said:

I already speculated what Stoops is thinking, but I am certain of what Foley is. He's thinking that his career at UF is sunsetting and what a shame to go out on a sour note over the football hire when he's done so many other things to make the UAA what it is. He's backed in a corner with, given the timing of this all, only a limited hand to play. He literally needs a miracle. Stoops could be that miracle. Sorry to sound like I'm overselling it, but to have that opportunity present itself would amount to a massive stroke of good fortune.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Alagator;n94189 said:

One thing to consider is that at this point, it has been decided that OU is out of the NC race with 2 really close losses. At an SEC school, especially with fsu looming at the end, his team still has a shot. Obviously it's a tougher road, but there are some definite advantages as well. They have notoriously finished well, and have often been that #5-type team that would likely get left out. That wouldn't be the case here. And that's not even considering the recruiting advantages. But I agree that it will take some cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.