It's not the coach

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I would be in favor of additional posters of any stripe, positive or negative, who bring substantive football discussion to the board. I would say one of the shortcomings here is technical analysis provided by those with backgrounds in coaching.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Ive only had one testicle removed so far.

Reminds me of a joke..guy was missing one and had it replaced with a cocktail onion. Seems after that, every time he'd pass a hotdog stand he'd get an erection.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just a question for 2222, or whichever intern is manning the UAA today, if coaching isn't the problem, why are they firing coaches?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Hey Gator2222.... tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from, what do you do for living? And most importantly... welcome aboard.

But it does make me skeptical that you started, and have only posted in, a thread called "it's the not coach". You come in with all these cool gifs and break down subtle things in all these busted plays. Which, trust me, are cool and neat to see. You have an incredible positive spin on something that has been unbearable to watch. Law guessed you are from the athletic department. Are you?

Thanks for the welcome.

LOL, no I don't work for the UAA. Go to the GSMB and look up my profile - Gator2222. If you look back you will see I wanted Muschamp fired in year 2. That guy was a dumpster fire.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the welcome.

LOL, no I don't work for the UAA. Go to the GSMB and look up my profile - Gator2222. If you look back you will see I wanted Muschamp fired in year 2. That guy was a dumpster fire.
You're starting to come around. :thumbup:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I'm probably wasting keyboard strokes, but I'll give it one more shot:
Your verbose dissertations boil down to your opinion that Mac is a good coach and has recruited well. Logically then, you would expect to see an improvement on the field in terms of production and the bottom-line W-L record. So, how will we judge if your assessment is correct? You have to give us your standard, I'm not asking what the actual record will be. I'm simply asking what you think it should be to validate your assertions. For example, I'm not predicting Mac will be gone. I'm saying he should be, if we have 4 or more losses next year. See how that's done?

PS: A chatter-board is, by definition, is a forum for diverse opinions. That's what makes it work. Try to not be so thin-skinned.

I do think that Mac is a good coach. I also think Mac has recruited well given the state of the program when he arrived. That's not the same as thinking he has done well in recruiting. I acknowledge that we need top 5 classes if we are going to compete for championships on a consistent basis.

I think Mac will show significant progress when he has a talented and capable QB. At the current time, none of us know if that is going to occur next year. Hopefully a transfer or one of the 2 redshirts will have a break out season. It's also possible that one of the redshirts is the answer, but next season will be a learning experience much like Eason had this season. I simply don't know.

If the QB situation doesn't stabilize, but Mac wins 8 or 9 games then I think he gets another year. If the QB situation doesn't stabilize and the wheels fall off then he may be gone. None of us have any idea what the new AD will do.

What if the QB situation stabilizes and the offense comes to life but we lose 4 shootouts? Then what? The offense is fixed, but we lost 4 games.

Too many unknowns.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I have heard a lot of people criticize the offensive play calling. However, I think that maybe some people simply look at a play that didn't work and think it was a bad play call.

I actually prefer this kind of offense when it works compared to a Meyer spread type offense.....I just wish we could get the players to make it work! Gotta give you props for the thread, I really appreciate it when someone has an x's and o's thread!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I do think that Mac is a good coach. I also think Mac has recruited well given the state of the program when he arrived. That's not the same as thinking he has done well in recruiting. I acknowledge that we need top 5 classes if we are going to compete for championships on a consistent basis.

Good coach? He stinks out loud. Winning the East is meaningless. The worst East of all-time. (golf clap)

I think Mac will show significant progress when he has a talented and capable QB. At the current time, none of us know if that is going to occur next year. Hopefully a transfer or one of the 2 redshirts will have a break out season. It's also possible that one of the redshirts is the answer, but next season will be a learning experience much like Eason had this season. I simply don't know.
The mo-mo said he could win with his dog. His offense sucked the first year. Blame Treon. Wait till year 2 because that's when his offenses take off...look at Bama and CSU for proof. Ok...thud. Now all the parrotheads are saying wait till next year...year 3. Give me an f ing break. Same **** different year.

If the QB situation doesn't stabilize, but Mac wins 8 or 9 games then I think he gets another year. If the QB situation doesn't stabilize and the wheels fall off then he may be gone. None of us have any idea what the new AD will do.

What if the QB situation stabilizes and the offense comes to life but we lose 4 shootouts? Then what? The offense is fixed, but we lost 4 games.

Too many unknowns.

8-4/8-5 next year and the guy is toast. He's not rebuilding OFF the field adequately. Smart and Chump will just out-talent him at some point on the field. No reason to wait for that. Dead man walking. If we are lighting it up and I hear one idiot say...well, now he just has to fix the defense I will officially go postal. Sack the Mac!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would be in favor of additional posters of any stripe, positive or negative, who bring substantive football discussion to the board. I would say one of the shortcomings here is technical analysis provided by those with backgrounds in coaching.

Maybe we need to request the return of coach9.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the welcome.

2222 has been around for a long time but he got lost after the Sun shut us down a lil bit

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014

Too many unknowns.
Thanks for replying. Would love to see your Xs and Os on the Bama game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator