It's not the coach

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
g2222, Hang in here. By now you know anyone not on the " we despise Mac, he is the worst coach on earth and we will take even :kiffin: as coach now......." bandwagon you are just eat up with dummmazzzz. But hang in here. I will try and check in and help out with angered up fellas. But make no mistake. You are one of us now the leper like :pumper: And yet, you do bring a sort of savoir faire and panache to the forum now. Keep up the good fight.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I honestly have no idea what our record will be next year. I have no idea who the QB will be or what players will come in and make the lineup right away. I don't know all of our opponents depth charts or who will be starting for them.

Are you insinuating that if I can't correctly predict the exact future of the team then my opinion is invalid?

You predict Mac will be gone. I predict he will remain.

I'm probably wasting keyboard strokes, but I'll give it one more shot:
Your verbose dissertations boil down to your opinion that Mac is a good coach and has recruited well. Logically then, you would expect to see an improvement on the field in terms of production and the bottom-line W-L record. So, how will we judge if your assessment is correct? You have to give us your standard, I'm not asking what the actual record will be. I'm simply asking what you think it should be to validate your assertions. For example, I'm not predicting Mac will be gone. I'm saying he should be, if we have 4 or more losses next year. See how that's done?

PS: A chatter-board is, by definition, is a forum for diverse opinions. That's what makes it work. Try to not be so thin-skinned.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I like this guy, too. Hit the nail on the head so many times in this thread. And he has a lot more patience than I can muster with some of you. I prefer to just let you fester in your own juices. I have better things to do than argue with people who just want to argue.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He ignored all the noncon losses but added all the noncon wins to get that record. I guess we might as well grant ourselves a few imaginary football championships too while we're at it.

Might as well, Bama does!

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, did you guys see this?

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/a-look-at-how-pro-football-focus-graded-the-gators-in-loss-at-fsu

Two offensive players performed well enough with center T.J. McCoy receiving a grade of 79.2 (on a 1-100 scale) in his third career start and running back Jordan Scarlett getting a 77.3.

The offensive line as a whole struggled badly, though, giving up six sacks. Right tackle Jawaan Taylor, who has been a bright spot for the unit all fall, received his lowest grade of the season at 39.7 after allowing five quarterback pressures, including two sacks.

Quarterback Austin Appleby (52.5) didn’t help himself much either, completing just 19 of 35 passes for 149 yards and losing two costly fumbles (on sacks). He also had four passes dropped.

Most concerning, though, the PFF data shows that Appleby was just 1 of 6 for 22 yards on passes traveling 10 or more yards in the air.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
When you look at the blitzes that our backs missed. Watch their heads. Straight stare at their release gap. No scanning of the line looking for a blitzer prior to releasing. Sure this is on the back, but I guarantee this is not emphasized in practice and as such, it is not done right in the game. Player yes, but ultimately that is coaching plain and simple. Miss a block and run till you puke. You learn your assignments pretty quick.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd feel a lot better about him if we were bringing in better recruits. I still think our offensive deficiencies are partly a numbers hangover from Muschamp. Notice I said partly. I also think we need an OC with a better vision and more creativity for our offense than what Nuss has done. Kinda sucks that Mac and Nuss are buds, but I think someone needs to step in and can Nuss if Mac won't. Other than the kickers, special teams has mostly been an unmitigated disaster, so Nord needs to be on the first plane/train/bus/donkey out of Gainesville as soon as the season is over. I think with a better OC and STC, we would be in a lot better shape even without the top recruits. However, Mac really doesn't seem to connect with in-state recruits at all, and I don't see how that can be fixed. :dunno:
I swear I've never felt so close to Sas.

I should get a Courage Award.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here in Gainesville we frequently have the opportunity to go see a variety of speakers at UF. If the speaker is a liberal everything is just fine. However, if the speaker is a conservative then all the liberal students go nuts. They start protesting, they demand the university prevent the speaker from talking and they attend the event and try to disrupt it.

Law98gator reminds me of the liberals in this town. Completely intolerant of any opinion that is different of their own and trying to censor anyone they disagree with.

If my ideas are so threatening to you that you get angry then perhaps it's time to look in the mirror.
Maybe I like this guy after all.

We need another dingbat like Coach around to talk crazy all the time.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Gator2222.... tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from, what do you do for living? And most importantly... welcome aboard.

But it does make me skeptical that you started, and have only posted in, a thread called "it's the not coach". You come in with all these cool gifs and break down subtle things in all these busted plays. Which, trust me, are cool and neat to see. You have an incredible positive spin on something that has been unbearable to watch. Law guessed you are from the athletic department. Are you?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ive only had one testicle removed so far.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
-8bdJvDY_400x400.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics