It's not the coach

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp destroyed the place. Seniors in high school have few memories of Gators offense except what Muschamp fielded. It's hard to sell Florida football to kids that grew up watching Muschamp's version.

Despite that Mac beat Saban for Perine and Vosean Joseph and Piniero. He landed the #2 receiver in the nation when he signed Cleveland out of Texas. Gardner was the #4 CB nationally. Clayton was the #2 WDE nationally. He stole the #5 ranked QB from LSU in Franks. Swain was the #23 ranked WR nationally. He got 5 star #1 ranked OT Ivey.

Given the circumstances, I think he has done well. These kids are agreeing to come to Florida instead of Alabama or Ohio State despite our recent difficulties. It takes a hell of salesman to pull that off.
How do you defend not restocking the interior dline? Or our only olinemen in this class being on flip watch? Or the massive talent gap that keeps growing between us and fsu. Its time to stop blaming muschamp. Butch Jones and Kirby Smart aren't having a hard time pulling in talent . When have recruits seen them win anything ?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I'm amazed that there is a constant hope that Mac will turn it all around when he gets "his QB" or "his players". Since Mac can't recruit, good luck with that. But we have talent on this team right now that is capable of beating nearly any team if they are properly conditioned, motivated and coached by experts that know how to get maximum performance from every player. There is no miracle cure out there. A more capable QB will certainly help, but there is no reason that we shouldn't be competing and contending right now. We have talented players. They just do not know how to play as a winning team. This coaching staff is failing these players, not the other way around.
I agree there is talent that is simply not used. Thompson for example, fastest dude on the team why not utilize his speed in space on offense? Justus Reed 6'3 240 DE NEVER plays so with our low numbers at LB why not put an upperclassman like himself who has the size and strength at middle linebacker? I bet he would exceed expectations and perform well. Why not move richard desir jones ( 6'4 290) who will never see the field as an offensive lineman over to DT where the numbers are low and put him in the rotation to give depth and beef inside? WHY are we so reluctant to change? We don't have to keep doing the same thing and get the same result, we can try different things and see what works and what doesn't because I guarantee you if we do the same thing against Bama that we did against FSU we will 100% lose.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, 2222 is on ignore. Just cant take that stupidity.

Coach9 all over again. Or probably just the UAA praying the money doesnt disappear again. Too late.

Im pretty sure I recruited him over from the old board. Think he was just 222 over there. I apologize if I did. I didnt realize he was a UAA sock puppet.

Last edited:

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014

Coach9 all over again. Or probably just the UAA praying the money diesnt disappear again. To late.

Im pretty sure I recruited him over from the old board. I apologize if I did. I didnt realize he was a UAA sock puppet.
:lmao2:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
He doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of a 4th year if next year isn't a monumental improvement. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.
The only reason why I think he could get year 4 barring any monumental collapse is because he has gotten to atlanta two years in a row and next year the excuse/reasoning will be that Franks is only a Redshirt freshman and has to take his lumps in the sec, thus in year 4 when franks has a year of experience under his belt no excuses can be made.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I'm still waiting to see your prediction for a record next season. It's year 3, you've already pointed out all the Mac guys who have logged significant minutes in big games this year. They'll be seasoned to start next year and a Mac qb that's been in the system for a year and a half is available also. No more excuses about youth inexperience, not his guys, etc. win or don't, that's it.

Make a prediction. I've already stated he'll be gone at the end of the year bc we will continue to suck and the plug will be pulled. Let's hear yours.
I don't think we're going to get an answer

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016

Coach9 all over again. Or probably just the UAA praying the money diesnt disappear again. To late.

Im pretty sure I recruited him over from the old board. I apologize if I did. I didnt realize he was a UAA sock puppet.

I posted in the thread earlier this

"Agree, but for treon for example shouldn't we have designed specific plays to suit his skillset instead of let him run around like a chicken with its head cut off? Also, the players might be young true and the QB not up to snuff, but when we had the ball right before halftime wouldn't it have made sense to at least try one deep throw to see if anything happens? at least give your team a shot at making points instead of just trying to get to halftime? what did we have to lose? Also, What about utilizing a fullback? When Meyer was here he utilized Latsko very effectively and he was a big help and a weapon at times. That play you pointed out about scarlett and IVey, wouldn't the middle linebacker that got past Ivey have been blocked if we used a fullback there? Also, tempo why don't we try to speed things up sometimes? You make some good points, I just think we haven't had any dynamic play calling really regardless of execution. Also, Appleyby is big and can run why not try to utilize him in the run game?"

He didn't respond to this, and I wanted to hear what he had to say in return to my argument.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of a 4th year if next year isn't a monumental improvement. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.
He's a dead man walking if he stays. I said before the beginning of this season he had to do 3 things THIS year or he would never make it. The first was win 10 games, the second was beat FSU, and the third was bring in a 10th rated or higher recruiting class...those are all out the window at this point and if he were smart he'd get while the getting is good......

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Given the circumstances, I think he has done well.
These kids are agreeing to come to Florida instead of Alabama or Ohio State despite our recent difficulties.
It takes a hell of a salesman to pull that off.

... or some combo of that plus some wise thinking young men seeing a big picture they'd like to be a part of ?
Still, regardless of our player losses coming next year, Mac-n-Crew have to do a superb COY miracle -- we're
tired and not gonna tolerate another zero offense season. Get the young defensive guys to overachieved.
After this year's flopped games creating confusion, doubt, Mac-n-crew have placed maximum pressure on
themselves to win big just about every game. An invalid 2017 season should get him booted... provided we
can get a worthy long-term replacement HC. (See that's part of the problem-equation, too.)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

You don't put people on ignore. I've never considered it a single time in 15 years on message boards. I'm disappointed in you.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason why I think he could get year 4 barring any monumental collapse is because he has gotten to atlanta two years in a row and next year the excuse/reasoning will be that Franks is only a Redshirt freshman and has to take his lumps in the sec, thus in year 4 when franks has a year of experience under his belt no excuses can be made.
The fan base already dislikes him, the AD has no ties or loyalty to him bc he's new and didn't hire him. It's not a typical situation. Also winning the east isn't typical either; at this point in time it's like winning the special olympics - we're still retarded.

He either changes his stripes next year and we win big, consistent and impressively or he's shown the door. Wouldn't surprise me if it happens before the season is over. He's got another 9 games left at UF, max IMO.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
... or some combo of that plus some wise thinking young men seeing a big picture they'd like to be a part of ?
Still, regardless of our player losses coming next year, Mac-n-Crew have to do a superb COY miracle -- we're
tired and not gonna tolerate another zero offense season. Get the young defensive guys to overachieved.
After this year's flopped games creating confusion, doubt, Mac-n-crew have placed maximum pressure on
themselves to win big just about every game. An invalid 2017 season should get him booted... provided we
can get a worthy long-term replacement HC. (See that's part of the problem-equation, too.)
Rog, that whole statement was total bs. The only kid who "flipped" from bama was the kicker... and that's bc we didn't have one and they pulled out all the stops. He would have been just one of the kickers at bama competing. We didn't flip Joseph or perine from bama, that's total bs. Those kids never even had an offer, they were plan C's for bama and had discussions with the bama staff bc of that but that's it. While we were wining and dining them and making them are top targets, a bama asst was sending them a 10 word text once every two weeks just to say hello and keep contact. This we are bringing in talent and competing with or flipping from bama or fsu or anyone else is ridiculous. We didn't flip franks either, he switched bc miles was scheduled to be canned. The pumperisms in this thread are ridiculous lol.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take your lead on most of this, Durty. But can't believe 2016 recruits knew or could guess Miles would
be canned at all, much less midseason. If Mac has failed at 89% of his doings, that doesn't mean opposers
have to take away the 11% he has succeeded at.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who gives us a better (slim) chance of winning against Bama? Appleby or a healthy Luke Del Rio?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
This is the kind of batshyt stupidity that allowed Fooley to hang around so long make these idiotic hires.

I understand coach, I guess. Hes just the kind of guy who accepts mediocrity.

Mac was brought in to fix the offense. I could tolerate I suppose slow improvement, say 50-60s , but even the most braindead pumper should not accept this pile of shyt OC (who had already produced a bunch of bottom of the barrel offenses) or scoring one or two offensive touchdowns a month.

You try to convinced people all you want that having the 114th offense is progress and that our now worst class in forty years is proof of what a good job Butterteeth is doing.

Btw both Bammer and Clown Town are playig freshmen QBs and a ton if underclassmen, yet they dont set almost weekly records for futility.

No better way to get your point taken seriously than to start with insults. It always makes one sound so much more intelligent.

As long as you are absolutely certain you're right then there is no need for a forum.

BTW, FSU is playing a redshirt QB. That means he had a year on the bench to learn the offense. You know, like Mac is doing with Franks and Trask.

Bama is playing a true freshman with 5 star talent all around him that was built up in the four years before he arrived. Yeah, that's exactly what Mac walked into.

Great point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator