ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Gator Fever;n61302 said:
" For us to win a football game like that, Jeff Driskel needs to play,” - Muschamp has seriously lost it.

Read what is said. Do you really think Harris could have played the entire game and beat Bama? The kid is a true freshmen, and anyone who knows anything about football can tell you, he doesn't have a full grasp on the complexity of the full playbook yet. While I fully agree it's in everyone's best interest to get him some playing time, it would be foolish to have him start right now. He needs to be eased into it, and given time to grow.
How can anything be "complex" if Jeff Driskel is running it?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n61456 said:
what would SOS do? I think we all know that based on his reputation for yanking QB's, he would have made the change before now. At least try another promising back-up like Harris.

Well then contact SOS and beg him to comeback or stop living in the past.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Dope champ has not learned anything he stii supports Jeff. He better be right.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ByT25i8IgAAcpIZ.png:large

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Bullag8r;n61456 said:
what would SOS do? I think we all know that based on his reputation for yanking QB's, he would have made the change before now. At least try another promising back-up like Harris.

You got his number?

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
ntcrze;n61309 said:
Will Driskel still be at UF in 2015? I'm not talking about him declaring early for the NFL, I don't think that is a real possibility. I'm asking the about the probability he transfers to another school. Or do you think he'll still be the Gator's starting quarterback in 2015?
Assuming he got benched, with only one year left the only option that makes sense would be to transfer to a FCS school and be able to play right away next year, ala Eric Kresser. If he thinks he's good enough for the NFL, that would be easily his best choice.
He's graduated, so he could play anywhere, not just an FCS school. I'm sure there's some coach at an FBS school that would think they can "fix" Jeff Driskel.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex said:
Very vulcan like of you with the insult. :facepalm:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It looks as though Driskel never loses to a bowl team if he doesn't throw a pick as long as he officially is the starter for the game.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Bullag8r;n61456 said:

Yes, but I am not sharing.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Jessie Palmer is still drinking the Kool Aid - just said on the radio he thinks we are head and shoulders above last year at this point - implied Pease was the main problem and that we are a threat to make the SECCG. Avoided the Driskel situation for the most part.
If that's true, they might as well hand the National Championship trophy to Alabama. But I don't think it's true and still see Alabama losing at least one, probably two games in the regular season.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Gator Fever;n61349 said:
Jessie Palmer is still drinking the Kool Aid - just said on the radio he thinks we are head and shoulders above last year at this point - implied Pease was the main problem and that we are a threat to make the SECCG. Avoided the Driskel situation for the most part.

I do believe our offense is better than last year's offense, maybe not head and shoulders better. I also agree that we are a threat to make the SECCG, but mainly to due with the East being weak.
The defense is much worse than last year. In the last two SEC games the Gators have given up 1100 yards, that's 550 yards a game. It doesn't matter if he offense is better, and the jury is still out on that, if the defense can't stop anyone.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
That's stunning. In this day and age to see that out of eleven games, the majority, six, were games that he passed for less than 100 yards and in he remaining games he passed for over 200 yards only once. Even more amazing is that Florida still won the majority of those games.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n61466 said:

Looks like he is still stuck on Driskel at the press conference - said Harris continues to improve - hopefully that is code for he might consider a change at halftime if Driskel is really messing things up again.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
What kind of an idiot comes out in the press with this BS when everyone is screaming for a change? Muschamp just proves what a Dolt he is!!!:angry:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
VulcanAlex;n61466 said:

Looks like he is still stuck on Driskel at the press conference - said Harris continues to improve - hopefully that is code for he might consider a change at halftime if Driskel is really messing things up again.
I wouldn't be shocked if he is starting Driskel in Tennesse due to the veteran leadership to get through the initial emotions of the game, and then putting in Harris for about 30% of the game to see how he handles himself.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Jeff cannot win with this type of gator team. He did fine in 2012 becasue he just had to make the easy throw and keep the chains moving with his feet. We had a defense that would create turnovers against anyone, and generally hold the other team to less than 20-points. He does not throw the ball down the field well. Our defense will put us in some track meets this year with their inability to create QB pressure and stick with receivers.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
none of it matters. If we lose to UT, his goose is cooked. If Champ is foolish enough to keep using driskel even if it imperils his career, then it wont be a long one as gator head coach

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
WobbleGator;n61465 said:

I am not living in the past Wobs. Just pointing out what any decent coach would do when the current player is drowning. What is the BIG DEAL about trying something else to see if it works? If it doesn't work, try something to fix it! What is so revolutionary about that?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't a surprise. Did anybody really think a change was coming. The realistic scenario is that Harris gets a lot of reps during the game and if Driskel is really bad Muschamp pulls him. What really surprised me is that he said "He knows he needs to play better and he will" ... I'm glad he has that crystal ball...

The only possible positive is the "Jeff gives us the best opportunity to win right now" Let's hope that means he is considering pulling him if he doesn't improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.