Jeff Driskel

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n61369 said:
Not really - we scored 20 on KY in regulation. Except for scoring (that 65 against EM really helped there) the offensive stats aren't that different after 3 games taking out the OT KY stats.

You keep taking stats out to try and make a point. Just use the stats that are there, stop trying to manipulate them.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
This is a great article. Good for Zach for laying it out!

I don't know if Muschamp is going to start Harris or not, but I'm not sure if he will tell us if he does decide to start him. The real question is how would/should he do it. Should he announce as his press conference today after reviewing the film he has decided to go a different direction...

This would playcate the fans, but also give Tennessee a chance to prepare for Harris. If I were Muschamp I wouldn't say that nothing changes and just start Harris, but I think he will say that nothing changes and nothing will in fact change.
I know everyone is emotional but the UT game plan would be have to be the same for either QB. Same draws, powers, flys, 5 tech awareness. Same prep for the long ball. Here is something most seem to miss here, whether JD hits the long ball or not, the threat is there and UT can't say, " don't cover them , he misses that most of the time". It amazes me what I hear on here sometimes. I do understand though. Losing is frustrating and makes people say things they don't realize.
As far as tape, UT is already burning through Treon's HS tape. Any good coach would be.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n61371 said:
You keep taking stats out to try and make a point. Just use the stats that are there, stop trying to manipulate them.

You know, Bama is pretty average when you take out the stats form the UF game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n61371 said:

I am not manipulating them - you technically are right about the first 2 games but we scored less at home against KY in 4 quarters than we did last season on the road and we don't look much better after 3 games even with that blowout against the EM defense and I would say Toledo, Miami and Tenn is a close comparison to EM, KY and Bama as a group.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Muschamp is worthless as he chased off the two back ups because he couldn't see a decent qb if the QB hit him in the head with a football.
That's exactly right. One of the best DC's(prior to HC) in the nation doesn't know what a decent QB looks like. Maybe you should send in your résumé. Just send a copy of your posts, that should work

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
WobbleGator;n61371 said:

You know, Bama is pretty average when you take out the stats form the UF game.
Ouch, but true.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD said:
Gator98MD;n59046 said:
Its time for the treon era to begin. Jeff has had his time. Doesnt produce. End of story.
Zach has thrown the gauntlet down. The noise in the system is loud. Muschamp is aware of peoples feelings. He is not insulated from the sentiment out there. He may not start but I bet dollars to doughnuts treon plays against UT
If I was a betting man I'd put a 100 on it. We will see him.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n61375 said:
I am not manipulating them - you technically are right about the first 2 games but we scored less at home against KY in 4 quarters than we did last season on the road and we don't look much better after 3 games even with that blowout against the EM defense and I would say Toledo, Miami and Tenn is a close comparison to EM, KY and Bama as a group.

You were manipulating them because you are trying to remove the OT stats which still count as part of the game.

Either way, we can agree to disagree on which offense was worse after the first three games, 2013 or 2014.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n61336 said:
Muschamp will most likely play it safe and not put Harris out there as the starter.
Muschamp's "playing it safe" is what has us in such dire straits. God, I miss our coach having some balls.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
Gator Fever;n61302 said:
" For us to win a football game like that, Jeff Driskel needs to play,” - Muschamp has seriously lost it.

Read what is said. Do you really think Harris could have played the entire game and beat Bama? The kid is a true freshmen, and anyone who knows anything about football can tell you, he doesn't have a full grasp on the complexity of the full playbook yet. While I fully agree it's in everyone's best interest to get him some playing time, it would be foolish to have him start right now. He needs to be eased into it, and given time to grow.
They are going to blast you here. There worst thing that could happen for these guys on here it seems would be to win out from here. We could win every game left by 1 and lose the NC by 20 and these guys would be mad as he\\

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n61393 said:
Muschamp's "playing it safe" is what has us in such dire straits. God, I miss our coach having some balls.

I think this is the main problem with having a first time HBC. They worry more about the consequences than they should.

I believe WM will become a good HC somewhere, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will be here.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I tried to start a thread with this question, but I guess the powers to be didn't like it, so here it is. Will Jeff Driskel be at Florida in 2015? I don't think it will happen because he's leaving early to be a first round draft choice. The other reason is that he transfers to get another shot at playing quarterback. Or do you think he'll still be the starter sat Florida?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
I tried to start a thread with this question, but I guess the powers to be didn't like it, so here it is. Will Jeff Driskel be at Florida in 2015? I don't think it will happen because he's leaving early to be a first round draft choice. The other reason is that he transfers to get another shot at playing quarterback. Or do you think he'll still be the starter sat Florida?
The smart thing would be to go play baseball. I doubt in true competition he would earn the starting job on most FCS teams.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel is returning as starter.....and I have officially gone over to the dark side. Make room in the tent for me Law! Can't wait until the season is lost to make such an obviously needed change.

tumblr_static_100693_dark-side.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome home, F18. We knew you'd make it over eventually.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze said:
The comment was merged in here and was already responded to. Try reading the threads.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel gives us our best chance to win... Named continued starter today.... YAY!!!!!!

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
what would SOS do? I think we all know that based on his reputation for yanking QB's, he would have made the change before now. At least try another promising back-up like Harris.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So far you've quarantined one post and merged me on to page 8 in another. I'm losing faith in more than Muschamp. :)

banner2-960x500.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n61457 said:
So far you've quarantined one post
Yeah, but I did you a favor there. Do you want me to resurrect it and put it back in the sports forum? I'd be happy to. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator