Jeff Driskel

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy said:
Muschamp has a difficult choice to make. He's dealing with JD in person and obviously knows the young man (notice I didn't say kid, because they're not kids but that's a different rant). Its a lot more difficult to do yourself than for those of us on message boards to write about. Anyone who's owned a business and had to fire someone who was a good person giving great effort but with poor performance can surely understand. But, just like the business owner, Will has the responsibility to the whole organization to make the difficult decisions. If he doesn't, everyone else suffers. I believe I posted last year that JD's struggles all stemmed from a lack of accuracy and he knows it. It results in him holding the ball waiting for wide open receivers and checking down to the underneath stuff. If Will doesn't make the hard choice, it will cost him his job. I had thought, hoped, that having Grier in camp this Spring would have given Will the ability to "go to the bullpen" but it appears increasingly obvious that he's choosing to sink or swim with Jeff as his QB.
It's important for everyone to remember that Muschamp is not doing this job out of the goodness of his heart but is actually getting paid millions of dollars.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Call me crazy, or call me whatever the hell you want to call me but I truly think this article says it all...

I believe that in two weeks, Harris will walk onto the field as a starter, too much noise is being created by the media, former players, and current players...

Not that he already isn't but Driskel will be even more of a headcase after reading all of this, I think Chump will be forced to make the change. Fans, former players, the media, and more importantly current players (Robinson, although stupid to tweet it) have spoken, they want a change and I think Chump will ultimately do it. Even if he doesn't do it right away, Harris will end up coming out of the TN game as the starter....

Or then again, I could be wrong, which is more likely, but a fan can dream can't I?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n58689 said:
If there was going to be a change made at QB this is the time...but Muschamp will roll with Driskel on the road in SEC. His job is on the line and he'll go with the safe route which is to start the experienced QB and rely on running the ball. We all saw/read what he said at halftime when asked about Driskel...got to run the ball more.

This.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
GIGator;n58881 said:
Hopefully, Muschamp had enough sense to see it for what it was and not kick the kid in the head.
I doubt Robinson sees the field again this year.
He probably won't need to if we are just going to run the ball each play. :)

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n58941 said:
Call me crazy, or call me whatever the hell you want to call me but I truly think this article says it all...

I believe that in two weeks, Harris will walk onto the field as a starter, too much noise is being created by the media, former players, and current players...

Not that he already isn't but Driskel will be even more of a headcase after reading all of this, I think Chump will be forced to make the change. Fans, former players, the media, and more importantly current players (Robinson, although stupid to tweet it) have spoken, they want a change and I think Chump will ultimately do it. Even if he doesn't do it right away, Harris will end up coming out of the TN game as the starter....

Or then again, I could be wrong, which is more likely, but a fan can dream can't I?
You are going to be sadly disappointed

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
-THE DUDE- said:
chferg;n58941 said:

You are going to be sadly disappointed
You're 99% right, but if that 1% is true, then at least I can look at you Dude and say I was right

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is a great article. Good for Zach for laying it out!

I don't know if Muschamp is going to start Harris or not, but I'm not sure if he will tell us if he does decide to start him. The real question is how would/should he do it. Should he announce as his press conference today after reviewing the film he has decided to go a different direction...

This would playcate the fans, but also give Tennessee a chance to prepare for Harris. If I were Muschamp I wouldn't say that nothing changes and just start Harris, but I think he will say that nothing changes and nothing will in fact change.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:

I don't know if Muschamp is going to start Harris or not, but I'm not sure if he will tell us if he does decide to start him. The real question is how would/should he do it. Should he announce as his press conference today after reviewing the film he has decided to go a different direction...

This would playcate the fans, but also give Tennessee a chance to prepare for Harris. If I were Muschamp I wouldn't say that nothing changes and just start Harris, but I think he will say that nothing changes and nothing will in fact change.
Start him without announcing it but there really isn't much film on Harris so it wouldn't matter if he announced it or not. You don't need much film study to figure Driskel out.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp probably just assured them there would be consequences for any more tweets like that and they had to stay together as a team and to get ready for the training camp style practices this week.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:

Yeah, but if you come in with your defensive gameplan being jam the WRs and dare the really crappy QB to throw a pass over 10 yards and then you see somebody who may complete a pass... it changes things.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A "team meeting". What a joke! Until the players start calling the plays or setting the starting lineups....NOTHING will change under this coaching staff.

Other than the head coach, everyone who isn't blind knows the #1 issue (starting QB). And until that changes......don't hold your breath.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Muschamp probably just assured them there would be consequences for any more tweets like that and they had to stay together as a team and to get ready for the training camp style practices this week.
the way we tackled against Alabama, we need some training camp style practices.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Great article! Too bad Zach won't be writing for that crap paper very much longer (he'll get a better gig).

Excellent points made. There is NO EXCUSE to start Driskel another game....as long as Harris and/or Grier are healthy.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
ATXGator said:

To scout Treon all Tennessee would have to do is look at the tape of Driskel and expect the complete opposite!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just more window dressing.

Muschamp is too hard-headed to make a change.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp is worthless as he chased off the two back ups because he couldn't see a decent qb if the QB hit him in the head with a football.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
T REX;n59013 said:
Muschamp is worthless as he chased off the two back ups because he couldn't see a decent qb if the QB hit him in the head with a football.

Let's see how Brissett does vs. FSU this week. I bet it's much better than a certain QB on our roster could/would do!

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not that I have any special insight, but I do think I saw a few things at the game that may not have been apparent on tv. One being that Drob was open all day long. Driskel was either looking the other way or throwing somewhere else, or when he did target Robinson, it was off target. I also read somewhere that Roper could be heard from the press box screaming "throw the ball" and other expletives. I think this performance, and the first half v. Kentucky, has probably shocked Roper. Again, because of how Driskel has looked in practice. Driskel is the opposite of a gamer, the opposite of Danny Wuerffel.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we should fire the DB Coach or the whole Defensive Coaching Staff!

There is no excuse for giving up over 600 yards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.