Jeff Driskel

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After the meeting Roper tweeted that Muschamp handed him the set of keys to the offense.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n59109 said:
Yeah I'm sure Muschamp is going to change his QB because some pimple faced intern white rapper reporter at a sh*tty G'ville newspaper said he should. :rolleyes:
The hate is strong in you. Not sure what your issue with zach is, but I find him to be a good writer. I have a feeling there will be changes made at the QB position.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n59115 said:
The hate is strong in you. Not sure what your issue with zach is, but I find him to be a good writer. I have a feeling there will be changes made at the QB position.
There may be changes made, and there may not, but it's not going to be because Zach Abol-whatever "laid the gauntlet down."

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, his calling card is throwing the deep ball out of bounds on 4th down. Would hate to get an INT in that situation.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
MJMGator;n58903 said:
Was it a players only meeting or one called by the coaching staff?

It was called by Muschamp. I heard a few minutes ago that some big changes are coming and that Driskel is not happy. So, Harris may be under center in Knoxville. I'll see if I can get in touch with the player that I know.
Too little too late. Off with his head.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica said:
ATXGator;n59101 said:
We can only hope, but maybe Driskel wasn't happy because the team blamed him for the crappy performance...

Now Driskel knows how the rest of us feel. What an entitled little Beyotch

I seem to recall that promises were made to Driskel during his recruitment and that his parents have been very vocal to coaches. Not sure what article it was in, but I heard from the old site.
Gee promises are made to be broken and of course unless Jeff keeps his promises to play well any made to him or his parents are void. If his parents called me I would tell them that an open scolly would be a nice thing to happen and he could transfer any time he wants.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Zambo;n59129 said:
Actually, his calling card is throwing the deep ball out of bounds on 4th down. Would hate to get an INT in that situation.

One can't but wonder how many TDs he would've thrown in the Canadian league. If word ever reaches him about that extra 10 feet of width, I think he declares immediately.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Gator98MD;n59115 said:
There may be changes made, and there may not, but it's not going to be because Zach Abol-whatever "laid the gauntlet down."
You must be really upset your Muschamp world is crumbling around you. All three sites are in full titl destroy Muschamp mode and it is about damn time. I knew it the first season he didn't have what it takes and finally maybe the noise in the system will be too loud. Change is needed. You can no longer "hope" he gets it. We're well beyond that and Foley is a major idiot for giving...yes giving Muschump another season because he did not earn another year.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Give the Freshman some serious game reps. It may become obvious who the better QB is. Or maybe it won't. But we need to see them both with live bullets.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I understand why Muschamp wants to stick with Driskel since experience at the QB position or any position is often a huge advantage, but as bad as Driskel has been playing, he needs to be willing to risk losing the experience for improved play. I agree with Zach that Driskel does not need to be benched and Treon the full-time starter. He doesn't have enough game or practice experience to be a full-time starter on the road in the SEC; however, I do think it would be wise to give Treon a package of plays and let him run at least one series per quarter in the game against UT. That way Muschamp still has his experienced player on the field for most of the game, but Treon gets some snaps to gain experience himself and also gets some chances to prove himself at QB.

Basically, keeping Driskel in full time is risky because he has been bad and change needs to happen. Benching Driskel and playing Treon is risky because of the inexperience. Keeping Driskel as the starter and giving Treon a few series throughout the game is the least riskiest option. For a man whose entire career is on the line, I hope he realizes what his best option is. It was plain stupid that Treon didn't get any snaps against Bama last Saturday. I don't think Muschamp is a stupid person, but he will prove me wrong if Treon isn't in the game at against UT for more than one series.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR said:
Driskel would rather throw it incomplete than throw a pick... Its like coaching not to lose, only he is playing qb not to make a mistake... he is so scared to take a risk it ends up with him being ineffective... ALL on Muschamp... Just like the second half play calling...
I think this is true. Mushchimp has rewarded him so much for 3 and out with one incomplete pass launched into the cheerleaders that Drizzy thinks it's the way to be a good QB.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll wait to see if WM gives the freshmen some snaps in the TN game before calling for his head.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator said:
GMDGATOR;n58870 said:
Driskel would rather throw it incomplete than throw a pick... Its like coaching not to lose, only he is playing qb not to make a mistake... he is so scared to take a risk it ends up with him being ineffective... ALL on Muschamp... Just like the second half play calling...

Driskel is terrible and needs to be benched. Let me say that on the front end. But if what you assert is true then perhaps his fear is from fans telling him he sucks for 4 years.
No, I think this is all on Chump! No development, only warning of repercussions of a mistake

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Gator98MD;n59056 said:
Zach has thrown the gauntlet down. The noise in the system is loud. Muschamp is aware of peoples feelings. He is not insulated from the sentiment out there. He may not start but I bet dollars to doughnuts treon plays against UT
Yeah I'm sure Muschamp is going to change his QB because some pimple faced intern white rapper reporter at a sh*tty G'ville newspaper said he should. :rolleyes:
P-O-L-O
SMOOOOOOOOTH! AND FRESHHHHHHHH!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB said:
I understand why Muschamp wants to stick with Driskel since experience at the QB position or any position is often a huge advantage, but as bad as Driskel has been playing, he needs to be willing to risk losing the experience for improved play. I agree with Zach that Driskel does not need to be benched and Treon the full-time starter. He doesn't have enough game or practice experience to be a full-time starter on the road in the SEC; however, I do think it would be wise to give Treon a package of plays and let him run at least one series per quarter in the game against UT. That way Muschamp still has his experienced player on the field for most of the game, but Treon gets some snaps to gain experience himself and also gets some chances to prove himself at QB.

Basically, keeping Driskel in full time is risky because he has been bad and change needs to happen. Benching Driskel and playing Treon is risky because of the inexperience. Keeping Driskel as the starter and giving Treon a few series throughout the game is the least riskiest option. For a man whose entire career is on the line, I hope he realizes what his best option is. It was plain stupid that Treon didn't get any snaps against Bama last Saturday. I don't think Muschamp is a stupid person, but he will prove me wrong if Treon isn't in the game at against UT for more than one series.
I like this option

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to read these damn threads is like listening to Navy and Rogdoc after two fifths of Thunderbird.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
VulcanAlex;n58701 said:
Not to mention the fact that almost every long throw is under thrown, that is how the defense gets back to it. Also way too much air under most of his throws. Even his TD had to be waited on by the receiver. Time for someone else to take the start against TN.
I'm not sure that this could be further from the truth. Driskel overthrows the deep ball by nearly 10 yards every single time. He puts almost no air under it and gives our receivers zero chance of getting to it.
yep, he overthrows it so badly that inspector gadget would have a hard time stretching out for it.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n59150 said:

Clemson went with their future on the road against the number 1 team in the country. I could be wrong, but I didn't see their true frosh rocking back and forth in the corner crying for his binky. The guy we have starting now shouldn't be playing in the SEC. Time to see if there's anyone on our roster that should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.