LB Coach Jay Bateman to A&M as new DC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I fully support getting these guys signed any possible way. If you need to withhold info to do it, withhold your brains out. These recruits want to play all kinds of stupid games, make a commitment and then back out at the last minute, it's a two-way street.
agree 100%. i really dont care how it went down. all i care about is how it ends up. hard time believing saban or shart would jeopordize top guys bailing by telling them this info right before hand if they felt it could lead to a decom. the only thing that matters to me is ensuring that the croots stay put. tater does that, im good. they bolt and its another example of his inability to keep his house in order. tough business but it is what it is.

and im saying this despite at one point in time, many years ago, knowing ernie personally and knowing he's a really good dude.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
This is what I was thinking. The A&M fans must be pissed about that hire.
Or they were hoping to flip Graham and had hoped hiring the LB coach would do the trick. More Napier magic...dump useless assts on other team and yet keep top notch recruits. 1703188622932.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
agree 100%. i really dont care how it went down. all i care about is how it ends up. hard time believing saban or shart would jeopordize top guys bailing by telling them this info right before hand if they felt it could lead to a decom. the only thing that matters to me is ensuring that the croots stay put. tater does that, im good. they bolt and its another example of his inability to keep his house in order. tough business but it is what it is.

and im saying this despite at one point in time, many years ago, knowing ernie personally and knowing he's a really good dude.
As usual, you and I are in total agreement.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

“Ernie”

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

:exactly: If Graham knows the business then he should know. I get wanting a phone call but if this is a promotion, $$, and best for him he should understand.
What do these croots and families think? It's ok for players with NIL, $$$, portal to jump around and just drop and flip without notice. So now everyone is going to get asshurt if a Coach jumps?

They'll make the call and work it out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What do these croots and families think? It's ok for players with NIL, $$$, portal to jump around and just drop and flip without notice. So now everyone is going to get asshurt if a Coach jumps?
Bingo, I'm tired of this. Especially now, it's rat-eat-rat. Turn the tables on these high school tards. Either Graham wanted to be a Gator or it was all BS.

Mind you, we haven't heard from Myles - only Ernie is popping off. Ernie is a Publix cashier these days and desperately wants to live through his son, so all this is very important to him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd like to get your thoughts about my take. I assume you disagree.

Not entirely. I do think coaches leaving is part of the deal. Where I think this is a little bit different is because of all the headaches that we had in this class, probably the two most stable situations were Chiles and Graham. Not an ounce of hesitation from them the whole time. That, combined with his father, would prompt me to at least get in front of it this morning better than he apparently did. I do agree that it’s just bad timing and not the end of the world, but just another black eye. I doubt Napier knew because I would assume he’s have said something to the two kids who are probably the least likely to get waver from it. If he did know for sure and didn’t say anything to them it’s kind of dumb given how solid they were. So I’ll assume he didn’t. As always, all of this is a relevant if we are winning and trending.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Who says thats ok? Im kinda upset about the players who were committed to us by their own words and actions up until they weren't yesterday. Its not ok. But its between the coaches and the players...but its not ok.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bingo, I'm tired of this. Especially now, it's rat-eat-rat. Turn the tables on these high school tards. Either Graham wanted to be a Gator or it was all BS.

Mind you, we haven't heard from Myles - only Ernie is popping off. Ernie is a Publix cashier these days and desperately wants to live through his son, so all this is very important to him.

The only problem with that, is that you’re burning someone who showed no tendency to burn you. If a guy like Seton, Hayes or this Blount character had this happen, I’d have zero issue. It’s just that it’s your most steadfast guys who get kind of punched. So again, well, yes, it is part of the game, I do not think it’s tit for tat in this case.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who says thats ok? Im kinda upset about the players who were committed to us by their own words and actions up until they weren't yesterday. Its not ok. But its between the coaches and the players...but its not ok.
I don't think anyone but the Recruits and families thinks its ok. What I wrote was from their perspective, that it's ok to do that. Pisses me off to that they do this. But they should not go calling out a coach when they have their portal and NIL and can do whatever the fuuk they want.

I think it's a double edged sword. Do it and we lose them. Not do it and pissed them off.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If any of the guys who signed a NLI are unhappy that their so called position coach left, they are free to leave asap. And there is a good chance they could play somewhere else immediately. All they have to do is petition the NCAA and say they got a hang nail their first day on campus and they will immediately be granted a waiver.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The only problem with that, is that you’re burning someone who showed no tendency to burn you. If a guy like Seton, Hayes or this Blount character had this happen, I’d have zero issue. It’s just that it’s your most steadfast guys who get kind of punched. So again, well, yes, it is part of the game, I do not think it’s tit for tat in this case.
If Myles (or his cashier father) is implying he wouldn't have signed with UF had they known about this, then the months-long rhetoric about wanting to be Gators was an absolute lie. If Graham was signing with UF either way, then I don't know what the fuss is about. I personally don't like the public airing of grievances on idiotic social media outlets before speaking to the people you have an issue with first. Ernie going out of his way to damage the reputation of his supposedly beloved alma mater (even if he was right) is a dick move, especially if he hadn't first had any conversations with Napier, which I'm sure he hadn't.

It's the embarrassing world we live in now.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Both sides can do it, I don't see the issue.... This isn't new to the game has been happening for decades. Just like I have no issue with recruit that changes their mind before leaving, I have no issue with a coach taking a promotion the day after signing day. If the kids wanted to wait to see how staffs all got moved around wait for the original signing day. This is business as usual.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Both sides can do it, I don't see the issue.... This isn't new to the game has been happening for decades. Just like I have no issue with recruit that changes their mind before leaving, I have no issue with a coach taking a promotion the day after signing day. If the kids wanted to wait to see how staffs all got moved around wait for the original signing day. This is business as usual.
This is another good point. No one has to sign on ESD. Wait until NSD if you really want to make sure everything plays out.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If Myles (or his cashier father) is implying he wouldn't have signed with UF had they known about this, then the months-long rhetoric about wanting to be Gators was an absolute lie. If Graham was signing with UF either way, then I don't know what the fuss is about. I personally don't like the public airing of grievances on idiotic social media outlets before speaking to the people you have an issue with first. Ernie going out of his way to damage the reputation of his supposedly beloved alma mater (even if he was right) is a dick move, especially if he hadn't first had any conversations with Napier, which I'm sure he hadn't.

It's the embarrassing world we live in now.

I can agree with the public spectacle side of it. He did indicate that there was more to it, or more issues, so we’ll see. But for some balance, realize when fans boo at games they are publicly denouncing the performance—almost always—of the coaches. They could sit quietly and then complain to their wives on the ride home. But they don’t. Why? Because they no longer love their school/team? No. Is it not because they feel things are headed in the wrong direction and they care enough to want to change that. That’s the overwhelming dilemma right now. No one wants to see bad thing happen here. But there is also a fine line between being a loyal fan of a program and being accepting of the destructive course it appears to be on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can agree with the public spectacle side of it. He did indicate that there was more to it, or more issues, so we’ll see. But for some balance, realize when fans boo at games they are publicly denouncing the performance—almost always—of the coaches. They could sit quietly and then complain to their wives on the ride home. But they don’t. Why? Because they no longer love their school/team? No. Is it not because they feel things are headed in the wrong direction and they care enough to want to change that. That’s the overwhelming dilemma right now. No one wants to see bad thing happen here. But there is also a fine line between being a loyal fan of a program and being accepting of the destructive course it appears to be on.
If things were that bad, then Ernie should have encouraged his son to sign elsewhere. The fact that he didn't tells me things couldn't have really been that bad.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
If things were that bad, then Ernie should have encouraged his son to sign elsewhere. The fact that he didn't tells me things couldn't have really been that bad.
Spikes, Harris and Peterson hit Graham up on Twitter and told him he was in good hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.