LDR to start against Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Unbelievable we are still having that many drops in the easy part of practice like that. Hopefully they are catching it most times in the game type reps.

Every incompletion in the film:

:48 Zaire throws it into the ground in front of Powell
1:38 Drop by Kadarius Toney thrown by Zair
1:54 Drop by James Robinson thrown by Jake Allen
2:10 Overthrow to Jacob Mesenger, could not see QB
3:20 Drop by Toney thrown by Zair
3:44 Drop by James Robinson thrown by Jake Allen

A total of 4 drops in the film.

The only receivers that dropped a pass were Toney and Robinson.

A total of two uncatchable passes thrown in the film.

Half the incompletions are thrown by Zaire and a third of the incompletions are thrown by Allen.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
11-on-11? Lol, more like Del Rio against the world. The loud mouth has done the unthinkable, positioning himself as the villain with his own fan base.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
11-on-11? Lol, more like Del Rio against the world. The loud mouth has done the unthinkable, positioning himself as the villain with his own fan base.
It takes a special player to be able to pull that off.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Every incompletion in the film:

:48 Zaire throws it into the ground in front of Powell
1:38 Drop by Kadarius Toney thrown by Zair
1:54 Drop by James Robinson thrown by Jake Allen
2:10 Overthrow to Jacob Mesenger, could not see QB
3:20 Drop by Toney thrown by Zair
3:44 Drop by James Robinson thrown by Jake Allen

A total of 4 drops in the film.

The only receivers that dropped a pass were Toney and Robinson.

A total of two uncatchable passes thrown in the film.

Half the incompletions are thrown by Zaire and a third of the incompletions are thrown by Allen.

Don't like seeing that mess in practice even though I know some of them up their game when its game simulation practice. Those drops can cost you a game as we all know when it counts. Powell has been dropping quite a few in other clips.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://gridironnow.com/luke-del-rio-hunt-florida-qb-job/

While most analysts expected Florida coach Jim McElwain to choose between redshirt freshman Feleipe Franks and grad transfer Malik Zaire, Del Rio still can’t be counted out with the season-opener against Michigan drawing ever closer.

Franks has the perfect blend of size and arm strength. Zaire is a dynamic runner. But Del Rio has the edge in experience under McElwain. He’s also got an edge to his personality......

Del Rio says the six games were invaluable to him, despite the frustrating conclusion. He also knows the Gators’ fan base seems largely ready to move on. They want to see the potential of Franks or the dual-threat skill set of Zaire. Del Rio certainly isn’t as flashy, and he doesn’t care.

“You see plenty of NFL guys that are huge. You see them throw in seven-on-seven and you’re like ‘Oh, my God.’ Then, the little guy beats them out.”

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
LDR with the first team?

giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If someone other than LDR has truly separated themselves and the job really has been decided, then ldr wouldn't still be getting the same amount of first team reps as the others. At least that would be the case under any sane coaching staff's watch.

Here's the truth. LDR is still very much in the mix and the coaches haven't decided anything yet. Sorry urg, but its the truth. The only other possible explanation that we are 10 days out and hes still getting a quality amount of first team reps is that despite the coaches already deciding that one of the other 2 has separated themselves, they still just want to give him plenty of first team reps.

To sum up we have 2 possibilities, either LDR is still firmly in the mix with this staff, or this staff is a giant cluster of freaking stupid. You guys can make the call. :lol:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
To sum up we have 2 possibilities, either LDR is still firmly in the mix with this staff, or this staff is a giant cluster of freaking stupid. You guys can make the call. :lol:

The local radio guy here in Jax, Frank Frangie, reiterated again yesterday that his sources at UF said LDR is still in the mix for the starting position along with Zaire and Franks. By the way, he is on record saying LDR is terrible.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

There is evidence to suggest that it could be both.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If someone other than LDR has truly separated themselves and the job really has been decided, then ldr wouldn't still be getting the same amount of first team reps as the others. At least that would be the case under any sane coaching staff's watch.

Here's the truth. LDR is still very much in the mix and the coaches haven't decided anything yet. Sorry urg, but its the truth. The only other possible explanation that we are 10 days out and hes still getting a quality amount of first team reps is that despite the coaches already deciding that one of the other 2 has separated themselves, they still just want to give him plenty of first team reps.

I'm not even posting about it very much, and you guys always bring me up :lol:

Truth is, LDR has not been getting the same amount of first team reps as the others, but you already knew that ;) Some of the folks on this board keep thinking that warm ups are the practice reps...I just can't help but laugh at that.

I'll say this. LDR is likely healthy. However, I stand by what I said in the spring, Franks will beat him out for the position.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not even posting about it very much, and you guys always bring me up :lol:

Truth is, LDR has not been getting the same amount of first team reps as the others, but you already knew that ;) Some of the folks on this board keep thinking that warm ups are the practice reps...I just can't help but laugh at that.

I'll say this. LDR is likely healthy. However, I stand by what I said in the spring, Franks will beat him out for the position.
I love trolling you :grin:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
What's with Mac? He couldn't name Grier over Harris when there was obviously no question who was better. LDR stinks. The fact that I also hate him in a Gator uniform clearly does not influence my opinion.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What's with Mac? He couldn't name Grier over Harris when there was obviously no question who was better. LDR stinks. The fact that I also hate him in a Gator uniform clearly does not influence my opinion.
Youve been absent for a while bro so let me help you out, its ungatriotic to expect a starter to be named before the play clock starts to tick on 1st down. Its also ungatriotic to be anything other than supportive while LDR continues to work with the first team as game 1 gets closer and closer. Hope this helps. :grin:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Youve been absent for a while bro so let me help you out, its ungatriotic to expect a starter to be named before the play clock starts to tick on 1st down. Its also ungatriotic to be anything other than supportive while LDR continues to work with the first team as game 1 gets closer and closer. Hope this helps. :grin:
Fine. Don't name a starter just say it won't be Del Rio. Everyone's happy.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
LDR is going to go 34-46. 462 yards and 4 TDs. He will throw one interception though. It will be the start of his Heisman campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.