Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I simply said he was better than LDR last year which isn't saying much...
And yet, LDR threw for 1500 yards and Dipshytskel threw for (cant stop laughing) 1600 in a year.

I guess you could say Brantley or whatever, which of course isnt saying much. But when discussing levels of shytty QB play, Dipshytskel will likely never be topped.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A first time starter.. Driskel played well at points (A&M, Tennessee, FSU). The big issue was the OL couldn't protect and he got worse under Muschamp's coaching.
I love how "played well" now apparently means he scored one TD.

This fanbase has gone full Tinerc.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Del Rio is a selfish kid who put himself above the team last year. He was hurt and couldn't play and he just thought adrenalin would get him through it and didn't tell the coaches the extent of his injury. I don't want this kid to ever take a snap in a Gator uniform again.

I'm thinking LDR in that Arky game didn't want to be sidelined for fear AA would be a better mediocre than LDR was and he would lose his starting position to a !B with more innate skills?
That means 2 things = LDR put the team below himself and heknows that he has limits that most CFB QBs don't have. He's probably at the level of a UK go-to backup, if you absolutely have to.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I remember he making some great throws against Tennessee... making runs and a huge pass to help us win against A&M and making plays at FSU... do I remember that wrong? I didn't say he was amazing... I said he played well in those 3 games... maybe you need to re-watch them.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He made a good throw vs Tincerc. I too was hopeful that would be the future, but that was it.

Against A&M he was 13-16 for 162 yards which is very efficient. He had a huge pass to Hines that got us into position to win the game. He also ran for some key first downs. He played well.

Against FSU he was 15/23 for 147... not great, but good enough to make the key throws needed and help the team win.

I'm not saying he was a heisman candidate, but he definitely played well for what the team needed.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I remember he making some great throws against Tennessee... making runs and a huge pass to help us win against A&M and making plays at FSU... do I remember that wrong? I didn't say he was amazing... I said he played well in those 3 games... maybe you need to re-watch them.
He made one great throw and a couple timely runs in knox. And he made a couple timely runs late against aTm. But he also made a boatload of awful plays in both those games. I think he ran out of bounds 10+ yards behind the LOS unforced against aTm at least 5 times that game. The argument really isn't whether he would occasionally make a play. We have kids that stink like week old garbage that will occasionally make a play. The discussion is if he played well in those games. He didnt, nor did he play well against fsu in tally. He was pretty abhorrent in that game actually. The defense, run blocking, and 2 running backs won us that game. Driskel did his best to give it away honestly. Those stupid sacks and sack/fumbles almost screwed us completely and they were on him, not the line. The dude just stood there over and over again holding the ball and doing nothing.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Regardless of how well LDR played in some games the simple truth is that he is not the QB that will allow us to contend with the upper echelon teams. I agree he proved he can be a mediocre QB but I'm personally tired of mediocrity at QB. That's why Mac was brought here and he needs to start delivering. If he's foolish enough to put LDR out there against Michigan I believe he will lose half of our fan base before the game is over. I personally don't believe LDR will start, but if he does I will start www.firecoachmac.com myself!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Against A&M he was 13-16 for 162 yards which is very efficient. He had a huge pass to Hines that got us into position to win the game. He also ran for some key first downs. He played well.

Against FSU he was 15/23 for 147... not great, but good enough to make the key throws needed and help the team win.

I'm not saying he was a heisman candidate, but he definitely played well for what the team needed.

I dont give him hardly any credit at all. We beat LSU and FSU due to Jumbo package running wearing those teams down late and against Georgia he turned the dang ball over like 4 times. We were winning in spite of him not because of him even playing average.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ahem...back on topic. Here's some footage of the QBs from today. From what I see. Franks is VERY accurate. Zaire started out pretty shaky but seems to settle in in the later reps. Didn't pay attention to LDR because I just don't see how he beats out Franks as long as Franks is anywhere close to him as far as being ready goes. Franks' upside is just way too high above LDR's maximum upside imo. I'll add here I have no clue how much editing this guy did to make the video. It's entirely possible he cut out all Franks' bad throws, but that's pretty conspiracy theory stuff there. :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ahem...back on topic. Here's some footage of the QBs from today. From what I see. Franks is VERY accurate. Zaire started out pretty shaky but seems to settle in in the later reps. Didn't pay attention to LDR because I just don't see how he beats out Franks as long as Franks is anywhere close to him as far as being ready goes. Franks' upside is just way too high above LDR's maximum upside imo. I'll add here I have no clue how much editing this guy did to make the video. It's entirely possible he cut out all Franks' bad throws, but that's pretty conspiracy theory stuff there. :lol:

Unbelievable we are still having that many drops in the easy part of practice like that. Hopefully they are catching it most times in the game type reps.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Franks looks really good.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Unbelievable we are still having that many drops in the easy part of practice like that. Hopefully they are catching it most times in the game type reps.
I'm confused because there was only 2 drops in the film and 2 terrible passes that were tipped that I saw...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He led UF to 45 points against a UK defense that gave up 44 points to Southern Miss the week before. So not only did the UF offense look mediocre against UMass, but it was nothing special against UK either, despite what in isolation appears to be a lot of points for UF.
I thought we went through this enough last year, but UK also held Bama to 34 points (7 scored by the defense) and Louisville (with the Heisman winner) to 38 points, both on the road. Transitive property in football is stupid.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

His best game was @Vandy. He still holds the record for rushing yards in a game by a QB @UF. It was like 190 yards or something. But everything else basically was a train wreck with him.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.