Mac and Company on the Trail

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

There have been several quotes from recruits that basically said that they were good enough to get PT from the get go.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Chump recruited Driskel, Briskett, Grier and Treon, all of whom are better than the four that we have now.

Treon isn't better than anybody we have and it is way to early to make a call on Franks/Trask/Allen.

Plus... I said play makers... Callaway, Cleveland, Scarlett, and Perine... I'll give Champ Taylor and Jones, but he didn't get any WR talent and that hurt. Lets not even mention offensive line where he failed miserably. Although I don't know that Mac is doing much better with the OL yet.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And Mac has exactly 1 OL commit right now. One. Good job coach!

Chump brought in elite talent. Mac does not. Chump is by far a better recruiter than MacZero. That is hard to fathom. Chump's offenses were better too. WTF?

I disagree on Chump's offenses being better. Mac's offenses have shown promise. There are guys open and plays to be made and he is doing it with freshman and sophomores. Chump actually had players here when he showed up. I do think we are a QB away from being a good offensive team. When AA played well against Bama... there were open guys and he was hitting them. He threw two interceptions that a good QB would have thrown into TDs... Chump never had an offense that showed that type of potential against a top D like that and with the exception of 6 games with Grier he has never had a decent QB (although Del Rio played well against UK)

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
These threads are terrible it's like reading the obituaries every morning except it's on recruits...such an embarrassment... I demand better from our university and boosters....pull a TRUMP and drain the swamp....put some damn numbers on those heisman, sec, and natty champs at the swamp....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree on Chump's offenses being better. Mac's offenses have shown promise. There are guys open and plays to be made and he is doing it with freshman and sophomores. Chump actually had players here when he showed up. I do think we are a QB away from being a good offensive team. When AA played well against Bama... there were open guys and he was hitting them. He threw two interceptions that a good QB would have thrown into TDs... Chump never had an offense that showed that type of potential against a top D like that and with the exception of 6 games with Grier he has never had a decent QB (although Del Rio played well against UK)

That promise got us the 114th ranked offense. Promise? Please god, no more promise.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Treon isn't better than anybody we have and it is way to early to make a call on Franks/Trask/Allen.

Plus... I said play makers... Callaway, Cleveland, Scarlett, and Perine... I'll give Champ Taylor and Jones, but he didn't get any WR talent and that hurt. Lets not even mention offensive line where he failed miserably. Although I don't know that Mac is doing much better with the OL yet.
Robinson, Lewis and goolsby are all muschamp recruits. And treon is just as good at throwing it in the dirt as del rio or appleby.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our offensive numbers would beg to differ. Disagree all you want but facts are facts. This is the worst offense we've ever had.

But hey, you pumpers now claim ANY OFFENSIVE TDs at all in a game are signs of great offensive progress, so who am I to judge.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Our offensive numbers would beg to differ. Disagree all you want but facts are facts. This is the worst offense we've ever had.

But hey, you pumpers now claim ANY OFFENSIVE TDs at all in a game are signs of great offensive progress, so who am I to judge.
I wonder what they would do if we scored 4 TD's in one game? We'd probably be national championship contenders again huh? :lol:

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

This is definitely the worst offense we've had statistically in some ways. I keep hearing the "WRs are running free". That's great! You know what? That's right. But the problem is our play calling and execution in the red zone is atrocious. We are averaging less points than Muschamp's teams on average a game. plus we're getting blown out vs elite teams now. At least generally Chump's version of crap ball would keep us close. Who here is not losing their minds from losing to Fsu four years in a row? And under Mac, We've scored 2 pts in the Swamp against Fsu and 13 in Tally? That's pitiful. If we don't beat fsu along with a bunch of other crap that needs to start happening, this guy absolutely has to pack his bags and go. We cannot keep losing to that POS school. I am Fn tired of hearing crap from Fsu people around Gainesville. We need to get back on top here. Mac had more work than he can handle. His firing cannot come soon enough for me. We need a younger, more exciting, killer recruiter in here. We could be winning championships sooner than you think.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson, Lewis and goolsby are all muschamp recruits. And treon is just as good at throwing it in the dirt as del rio or appleby.

None of those guys are playmakers, so I am not sure your point. Del Rio is better than Treon. I'm not saying Del Rio is great, but he was better, especially before he got injured. Go back and watch the Kentucky game... his throws had more zip on them than when he returned against Arkansas. For the life of me I don't know why they played him and didn't pull him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
None of those guys are playmakers, so I am not sure your point. Del Rio is better than Treon. I'm not saying Del Rio is great, but he was better, especially before he got injured. Go back and watch the Kentucky game... his throws had more zip on them than when he returned against Arkansas. For the life of me I don't know why they played him and didn't pull him.

LDR is worse than Treon due to him throwing picks: LDR - TD 8 Int. 8, Treon TD 9 Int. 6

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
The reason for the worst Offense in history is because we have had the worst QBs in history lead our program. Look Treon, Driskel, LDR, AA.... we have the WRs and the RBs plus the OL is coming in its own. Franks is not the answer in my opinion, and if we don't get a QB this year or next year, we will never be great again. The sad thing is that if we had a decent QB this year and last year we could've won 2-3 more games each year. Plus we are competitive in the games that we got blown out in.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

LDR is worse than Treon due to him throwing picks: LDR - TD 8 Int. 8, Treon TD 9 Int. 6

I'd take pre-injury LDR over Treon in a heartbeat... I'd take post injury LDR over Treon, but it is closer. I was listening to Greg McElroy on Sirius XM today and he said Treon was one of the worst SEC QBs we have ever seen...

I think people are forgetting how bad he was.

I re-watched the UK game the other day and Del Rio looked completely different than after his injury. He threw a TD pass to Callaway that had to be at least 60 yards in the air.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The reason for the worst Offense in history is because we have had the worst QBs in history lead our program. Look Treon, Driskel, LDR, AA.... we have the WRs and the RBs plus the OL is coming in its own. Franks is not the answer in my opinion, and if we don't get a QB this year or next year, we will never be great again. The sad thing is that if we had a decent QB this year and last year we could've won 2-3 more games each year. Plus we are competitive in the games that we got blown out in.
Even the pumpers are starting to crack.

There's nothing great about any of our recievers or OL. Out of our backs, Perine looks to be a possible big time player in the future but that is it. If you actually think that scarlett is a real difference maker than our perpetual pitiful state has lowered your standards tremendously. The guy cant even cut, he's just a push forward and drive kid, nothing wrong with that but its not elite skill, and lets not even mention his pass blocking.

As far as the OL coming into their own, you keep pushing this one, but no one is buying it. Our oline is a little better than it was last year, big whoop, it was a freaking disaster last year. Our oline in 2012 under chump was 10 times the line this group is, they still basically sucked. Again, perpetual suckage is conditioning you to believe that b/c they are a little better than last year, that they are "coming into their own." They're still downright awful.

I can't even hardly muster a response to the competitive blowout comment. I mean let's get real. You're just trolling right? Right?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Even the pumpers are starting to crack.

There's nothing great about any of our recievers or OL. Out of our backs, Perine looks to be a possible big time player in the future but that is it. If you actually think that scarlett is a real difference maker than our perpetual pitiful state has lowered your standards tremendously. The guy cant even cut, he's just a push forward and drive kid, nothing wrong with that but its not elite skill, and lets not even mention his pass blocking.

As far as the OL coming into their own, you keep pushing this one, but no one is buying it. Our oline is a little better than it was last year, big whoop, it was a freaking disaster last year. Our oline in 2012 under chump was 10 times the line this group is, they still basically sucked. Again, perpetual suckage is conditioning you to believe that b/c they are a little better than last year, that they are "coming into their own." They're still downright awful.

I can't even hardly muster a response to the competitive blowout comment. I mean let's get real. You're just trolling right? Right?
So are you saying that if we had another QB in the SECCG that DIDN'T Throw Fifty-Eleven INTs that we are not more competitive in that game? Are you telling me that if don't have a QB that can muster a pass greater than five yards and not to the fifth row in the Swamp that we don't score more than two points against F$U last year?

As for the WRs. I would argue that Callaway and Swain will be Bigly (shout out to President Elect Trump) in the NFL. I am not saying HOF careers, but I am saying that they will have a good career. I think with his size and skill set Scarlett can make it in the NFL and be productive. I also believe that Perine has the potential to be GREAT!!!!!

The OL has shown some improvements. Now that we have a starting rotation that has experience, I would expect to see huge returns in their development next year.

I blame 10000000000% of our offensive woes on our QB position. I think if we had a good (not great) QB this year with our Defense, we could have won at least one game (bUTtchug). Now I say this because I think a good QB would be able to make the right call at the Offensive Line to check out of the bad calls that our OC called. We need someone who knows the game.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So are you saying that if we had another QB in the SECCG that DIDN'T Throw Fifty-Eleven INTs that we are not more competitive in that game? Are you telling me that if don't have a QB that can muster a pass greater than five yards and not to the fifth row in the Swamp that we don't score more than two points against F$U last year?

As for the WRs. I would argue that Callaway and Swain will be Bigly (shout out to President Elect Trump) in the NFL. I am not saying HOF careers, but I am saying that they will have a good career. I think with his size and skill set Scarlett can make it in the NFL and be productive. I also believe that Perine has the potential to be GREAT!!!!!

The OL has shown some improvements. Now that we have a starting rotation that has experience, I would expect to see huge returns in their development next year.

I blame 10000000000% of our offensive woes on our QB position. I think if we had a good (not great) QB this year with our Defense, we could have won at least one game (bUTtchug). Now I say this because I think a good QB would be able to make the right call at the Offensive Line to check out of the bad calls that our OC called. We need someone who knows the game.

So you're sticking with the whole "we're competitive in our blowouts" theme, and going double or nothing on the receivers. Forget that they haven't actually done anything significant in college, now they are NFL career starters.

You know what I see when I read your posts? Lots and lots of ifs.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
So you're sticking with the whole "we're competitive in our blowouts" theme, and going double or nothing on the receivers. Forget that they haven't actually done anything significant in college, now they are NFL career starters.

You know what I see when I read your posts? Lots and lots of ifs.
There were a few of Urban's WRs that didn't do anything significant in college that made a career in the NFL, so yes I am

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.