Mac and Company on the Trail

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know, but this one seemed more over the top than others and that is saying a lot!
Kev has zero respect for Callaway. My only gripe with Callaway was catching punts inside the 10 yard line (who am I kidding, the 5 yard line). I don't care who his ST coach is, if you know football, you should know not to do that. Put your feet at the 8 yard line, never move back, if it looks like the balls going to hit you on the head or go over your head, you signal fair catch and move forward out of the way of the ball (to distract the gunners and just in case the ball bounces backwards).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway won't be the first receiver taken, unless he has a huge year next year. He is talented and undisciplined. He also has a history with weed, and teams will shy away from that. His height at 5'11" will hurt his status, and will need to be a more consistent route runner. There were scouts (according to NFL.com) at the SEC Championship game, where pleasantly surprised with his athletic skills. Doing a quick search he is between the 3rd and 9th rated Receiver for the 2018 draft. I could easily see him going as early as mid to late 1st round to late 2nd round depending on his season next year and his combine/pro day.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bart and dougie just called callaway garbage. For shame guys, for shame.
minion-gifs-1-1.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Screenshot_20161214-224616.png

Looks like Toney is gonna get a shot at qb

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Looks like Toney is gonna get a shot at qb

The dude from Alabama? Did he play in HS and was he good? It sure does seem like the staff is looking everywhere and anywhere for QBs. Pretty scary.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The dude from Alabama? Did he play in HS and was he good? It sure does seem like the staff is looking everywhere and anywhere for QBs. Pretty scary.
He put up some crazy numbers at qb and his highlight tape is nice but alot people think hes more of an athlete and he ends up playing another position. I think we're playing it right by atleast giving him a shot at qb before we tell him hes a slot receiver. We've turned off some good qb's in the past that we thought should play safety.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Kev has zero respect for Callaway. My only gripe with Callaway was catching punts inside the 10 yard line (who am I kidding, the 5 yard line). I don't care who his ST coach is, if you know football, you should know not to do that. Put your feet at the 8 yard line, never move back, if it looks like the balls going to hit you on the head or go over your head, you signal fair catch and move forward out of the way of the ball (to distract the gunners and just in case the ball bounces backwards).
I have respect for Callaway just not near as much as some on this board. Some make him out to be this great player that should be an all american, I think he takes games off and its always the Qb's fault that he had a bad game which happens often (he had 7 games where he had less than 60 yards he had 3 games where he didn't even break 40 yards he only had 4 tds) he drops balls, and he's not a great route runner. Is he good in open space yes but that don't make him a great player. Is he our best weapon yes and it's not even close but he's not as good as people make him out to be that's all I'm saying.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In some ways he is similar to Robinson but a better down field threat I would say. I wonder if Robinson is doing much in the NFL now havent really paid attention there much this season.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Every WR we have on the roster may be great. They may be the second coming of Jerry Rice. But...between the piss poor coaching, QB play, and OL we will never know if they are even marginal.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I keep hearing people bag on the OL. Summers has actually done a respectable job with this OL. They may not have progressed as far as we have liked, but they have progressed (recruiting aside). As the season progressed, it seemed Scarlett in pass pro was as big of a problem as any. QBs still sucked but how many times did we see pressure that Scarlett allowed. I hope Perine can take the #1 spot by learning and developing in the passing game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The next Lamar Jackson?

:grin:
He is probably the best hope we have, but I cant believe this staff playing him at QB.

We will see. All signs are that they are in fullblown panic mode regarding our lack of QB talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator