Mac and Company on the Trail

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Sidehat qaveraged like 480 yards of offense given up vs ranked teams. You guys really rhink he is going to do worse than that at Temple. Eventually the other offense gets tired or bored of scoring on you.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I keep hearing people bag on the OL. Summers has actually done a respectable job with this OL. They may not have progressed as far as we have liked, but they have progressed (recruiting aside). As the season progressed, it seemed Scarlett in pass pro was as big of a problem as any. QBs still sucked but how many times did we see pressure that Scarlett allowed. I hope Perine can take the #1 spot by learning and developing in the passing game.

Summers has NOT done a "respectable job". He's been here THREE years, there BETTER be some improvement. He needs to go, period. Tack on that he can't recruit and it's a no-brainer to get rid of him.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He is probably the best hope we have, but I cant believe this staff playing him at QB.

We will see. All signs are that they are in fullblown panic mode regarding our lack of QB talent.

Yea you might be right. Let's hope they are just doing it for depth and are actually confident in Franks/Trask/Allen

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Summers has NOT done a "respectable job". He's been here THREE years, there BETTER be some improvement. He needs to go, period. Tack on that he can't recruit and it's a no-brainer to get rid of him.
Going to have to agree to disagree, I suppose. He has been forced to play three freshmen in 2016 again after doing the same in 2015. Getting anything out of that line was a miracle.

I've heard he isn't good on the trail, and needs to go therefore, but he has done a decent job given the shyt that Daz/Cum and Chump left.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This is unbelievable. Colorado had a very good D this year, but it's just amazing this kid dropped us knowing he'd play in every game - and possibly be a starter. What a terrible job of recruiting by this coaching staff. Yet, again.
Agreed! The fact he dropped us then the next day Rumph flew out to try and reel him back in tells me that we really wanted him. He damn sure wasn't pushed out/told to look around like many are trying to say...These guys are just Sh*t on the trail (Rumph included) Period!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is probably the best hope we have, but I cant believe this staff playing him at QB.

We will see. All signs are that they are in fullblown panic mode regarding our lack of QB talent.

That may be... but this is not a new revelation. I read an article months ago quoting Toney as saying UF told him he'd be given a shot at QB.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I thought he was looking at Arkansas. He was 100% crystal balled to Arkansas... this came out of nowhere.
That's what I have heard as well but after his official to CU he chose the Buffs. Hell...they are probably tired of being irrelevant and "dropped a bag" I know that's how they use to get players there in the 90's :lol: It sucks for us needing size inside at DT for sure! I was looking forward to having this huge fu*ker and big Fred in the middle for the next few years but Fred shut down his recruitment after his official to Penn state and now so has Edwards. Now we're after a 270 lbs 3* from Alabama to fill one of those spots. Smh!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's what I have heard as well but after his official to CU he chose the Buffs. Hell...they are probably tired of being irrelevant and "dropped a bag" I know that's how they use to get players there in the 90's :lol: It sucks for us needing size inside at DT for sure! I was looking forward to having this huge fu*ker and big Fred in the middle for the next few years but Fred shut down his recruitment after his official to Penn state and now so has Edwards. Now we're after a 270 lbs 3* from Alabama to fill one of those spots. Smh!

I figure we still have a shot at Soloman (305) and Truesdale (299)... right? We have Soloman's last visit so I think there is at least a shot there.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes we do but who feels good about our chances?

Soloman can always cancel his visit, but my understanding is that he used to be a Gator lean and I have seen many say that he seems to always like the place he was at last... which would be UF.

Truesdell is expected to be a Gator from most of what I have seen.

If I take my orange and blue glasses off... I have no confidence in our staff's ability to recruit and I am desperately hoping they prove me wrong.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have to find a way to break into the top 20 in recruiting

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I feel bad for the next guy that gets hired. Our future front 7 is building up to be a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator