Mac and Company on the Trail

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Who really believes we won't have a top 20 class by signing day? We're just about top 15 already if you just add 3 stars from here on out (Zona is 17 on that list with 3 4* and 18 3*).
We'll get a couple more 4 stars and a bunch of 3 stars. Mac, by far, has recruited more 3 stars than anyone in the last 20+ years. I don't know what the problem is but he is not connecting with the kids down here. We took it for granted that we would always recruit well at "Florida". It's not the stink of Muschamp. It's Mac. I really feel like next year will be like Chump's 4th year. A waste of a year.

Sep 29, 2015
I think the 4-8 stink is still partly to blame. Let me reiterate that: we went 4-8!!!! and still kept the coach to flop around like a dead fish for another year. How can the effect of that on a program be overstated?!?

The rest of the blame falls on Mac's inability to put together a competent offense (due to the quality of pieces available, PED problems, depleted O line #s, poor personnel decisions, and any number of other reasons). Everybody knew Chump's failure was on offense. Mac was brought in to change that and hasn't been able to. Unless and until the offense improves, elite defensive recruits will not commit in sufficient numbers, or at all (Mac will get the benefit of the doubt for offensive talent for a little while, though he's clearly suffering at QB already).

If the offense scores a lot next year (which I think is possible), next year's class can be fantastic (even if we have a bunch of Ls because of bad defense and interceptions thrown by inexperienced Franks/Trask).

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think the 4-8 stink is still partly to blame. Let me reiterate that: we went 4-8!!!! and still kept the coach to flop around like a dead fish for another year. How can the effect of that on a program be overstated?!?

The rest of the blame falls on Mac's inability to put together a competent offense (due to the quality of pieces available, PED problems, depleted O line #s, poor personnel decisions, and any number of other reasons). Everybody knew Chump's failure was on offense. Mac was brought in to change that and hasn't been able to. Unless and until the offense improves, elite defensive recruits will not commit in sufficient numbers, or at all (Mac will get the benefit of the doubt for offensive talent for a little while, though he's clearly suffering at QB already).

If the offense scores a lot next year (which I think is possible), next year's class can be fantastic (even if we have a bunch of Ls because of bad defense and interceptions thrown by inexperienced Franks/Trask).

If it hasn't happened by his third class...it ain't happenin'

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who really believes we won't have a top 20 class by signing day? We're just about top 15 already if you just add 3 stars from here on out (Zona is 17 on that list with 3 4* and 18 3*).

Yep but problem is you better be consistently top 10 filling needs also to have a chance to win the SEC since half of the top 10 is SEC teams in recent years.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep but problem is you better be consistently top 10 filling needs also to have a chance to win the SEC since half of the top 10 is SEC teams in recent years.

Our class is 22nd overall and 8th in the SEC. Kentucky's is 25th and 9th.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's what I have heard as well but after his official to CU he chose the Buffs. Hell...they are probably tired of being irrelevant and "dropped a bag" I know that's how they use to get players there in the 90's :lol: It sucks for us needing size inside at DT for sure! I was looking forward to having this huge fu*ker and big Fred in the middle for the next few years but Fred shut down his recruitment after his official to Penn state and now so has Edwards. Now we're after a 270 lbs 3* from Alabama to fill one of those spots. Smh!
If you are playing true freshmen at DT, even 5 stars, you are going to have a very, very long year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What will be the meltdown when we don't get DPJ...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What will be the meltdown when we don't get DPJ...
Cant imagine there being one at all. Is there a single person on this board or in gator nation that thinks we might? I think everyone knows hes going somewhere else, most likely UM.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cant imagine there being one at all. Is there a single person on this board or in gator nation that thinks we might? I think everyone knows hes going somewhere else, most likely UM.

Have you been on this board... there are some that will flip out at any opportunity.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I feel bad for the next guy that gets hired. Our future front 7 is building up to be a disaster.
Yeah, poor Swamp Donkey did inherit a terrible OL and weak offense. The next guy is going to get a weak O and weak D.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Isn't Lemons the kid with grade issues? Dude really wants to be a Gator and we should make that happen. Anybody that is trying this hard to get in is going to appreciate the opportunity he's given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.