Mac jumping in the tears of his haters

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I really like this image of our coaching staff. Shows they really do like and support each other. Like to have FUN! Really feel like this show young recruits that our staff is on the right track. They are human, have a light side and enjoy seeing "silly things" off the field.

Times are different. Kids are different. I grew up playing back in the in your face, scared to death the coach was gonna rip your facemask off days. Kids today can't handle that and my HS coach (who I love and respect to this day) would be fired during the first week off camp now. Young kids don't respond to the Muschamp philosophy of coaching. Lord knows we saw enough of that. This only helps the staff's image w the kids. Us adults can scoff and make fun but guess what, we don't play anymore so it doesn't matter! What matters is the kids really like these guys. That's why we are on fire right now.

Go Gators!!!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I wonder if Saban or Meyer have a celebration party when they get a 5 star recruit or reach the top 10 in recruiting?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Saban or Meyer have a celebration party when they get a 5 star recruit or reach the top 10 in recruiting?
You don't think it was because of the week in total?
Or even a party for the coaches following all the work they put in for FNL?

Come on man.

Besides, of course those guys celebrate 5 star recruits, they just don't record it :lol:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Mac hosted a celebration at his home for the coaching staff, exactly over what I'm not sure but do we need a reason? The first guy in the pool was Mac, fully dressed.

Word is Nuss didn't need to jump. He was already all wet.

Scoring and winning will make me wet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, its a bit of a special olympics type celebration here but there is no diubt it is a big boost for us instead of watching Butters stuffing himself at the 3 star buffet the last three classes.

Mac is

S

L

O

W.

Maybe this year he will figure out he has to adjust his gameplans afrer the first three series.

Probably too much too soon.

Last edited:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
You don't think it was because of the week in total?
Or even a party for the coaches following all the work they put in for FNL?

Come on man.

Besides, of course those guys celebrate 5 star recruits, they just don't record it :lol:
It's been a great week and I'm excited again for the first time since Grier left.

But I don't want these coaches to rest on their laurels or get complacent. This type of recruiting is what's expected every day at Florida and he needs to keep it up. "Recruit or die".

There's also the saying, "act like you've been there".

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We do? Every year I hear how much our recruiting stinks and how bad of a job they are doing.

Why can't we just enjoy that the Gators are tearing it up right now on the trail? Of course we all want to see more success on the field also, but we are getting the elite talent everybody said we need. Just sit back and enjoy for five minutes!
under chump, every offseasons class was regarded as really good by most, under mac his first class was considered an absolute coup because of the situation he walked into, second year was meh but there was plenty of pumping optimism about "diamonds in the rough." This last class was all rainbows and unicorns, and now even though its not even 2018 yet we are celebrating like we just signed all these verbals. Your memory is quite one-sided.

I said the same thing last year. We always seem to be winning in the summer but not so much in the fall. I'll keep saying it until that changes.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's been a great week and I'm excited again for the first time since Grier left.

But I don't want these coaches to rest on their laurels or get complacent. This type of recruiting is what's expected every day at Florida and he needs to keep it up. "Recruit or die".

There's also the saying, "act like you've been there".
I really think this was just for the work put in for FNL. It became something bigger because of the haul we are taking in.
Nothing wromg with enjoying the moment every once and a while.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I really think this was just for the work put in for FNL. It became something bigger because of the haul we are taking in.
Nothing wromg with enjoying the moment every once and a while.
That's fine. Just don't video it and put it out on the world wide web. You've never seen Saban or Meyer in a video like that. They would be embarrassed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.