Mac jumping in the tears of his haters

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
If Mac wants to keep the class together, he needs to 2008 UGA game every opponent this year (perhaps Sans the timeouts at the end). Beat them by 35 and don't ever take the foot off the gas. Even if we lose the game, don't ever take the foot off the gas. That will generate all the consistent excitement needed.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Of course a bunch of 17 year old kids love it when there coach acts like they do. But at some point he'll have to command their respect and be an authority figure. Not their friend.

I don't have a problem with them celebrating a great week. There's just a fine line of acting like a premier coach at a top college and acting like Lane Kiffin when it comes to recruiting. Mac is somewhere in between right now. I think we can all agree his reputation has been that of a lazy recruiter. Acting like all the horses are in the barn and they can kick back and have a beer and relax is what I'm afraid of. He had a lot of work to keep these guys to stick and get 10 more just like them.

He's basically spent 3 years getting OJT at our expense and I think he's finally understanding how hard he has to work to be successful on the recruiting trail. We shall see.
Fair enough, I don't think (read, hope) that is the case. I think Muschamp has become death, the destroyer of programs. I think muschamp took a "broken" program or at the very least, a program that needed to rebuild and burned the directions, smashed the pieces, and put the thing together all wrong.

My hope is not that Mac is an average coach but that he is a very good coach who has managed to sprout some success in spite the scorched earth of muschamp.
In all fairness, when is the last time there was actually some excitement around the program? 2012? We're actually raising from the dead and getting some respect and excitement around the program.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
4202975.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac wants to keep the class together, he needs to 2008 UGA game every opponent this year (perhaps Sans the timeouts at the end).
Do you really believe he has this in him? Really? Win by 35? Score 35 even?

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Do you really believe he has this in him? Really? Win by 35? Score 35 even?
Not yet, No, and yes. Regrdless, that needs to be the goal. At least show that this is the new Mac style. Or, at least learn to hate our rivals with a passion that drives him to lose sleep.

I'll take either at this point.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I still say Mac's best chance is to do something radical like run a wishbone or wing-t or something. We have the backs. Toney could run it. Mushchamp already told us it negates the talent on the other team so why not?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Remember that picture 10 years ago of a shirtless Mark Richt jumping off the high dive in front of his players? It was supposed to show the camaraderie with his players. We made fun of it relentlessly at the time.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Remember that picture 10 years ago of a shirtless Mark Richt jumping off the high dive in front of his players? It was supposed to show the camaraderie with his players. We made fun of it relentlessly at the time.

1- No, I don't remember that.

2- Mac wasn't shirtless (thankfully)

3- He wasn't with players

4- We make fun of Richt for any and everything.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...l-transforms-floridas-recruiting-2018-beyond/

McElwain's moment: How 5-star QB commit Matt Corral transforms Florida's recruiting for 2018 and beyond

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — It’s been a long time, but Florida has some real offseason recruiting momentum. In the span of roughly one week, the Gators saw their 2018 recruiting class ranked in the 60s climb more than 50 spots. Seven commitments will do that....
Bringing in out-of-state stars is a sign that some of the country’s most talented players want to be Gators, and not just those who grew up a short drive from Gainesville. They’re coming to Florida because they’re buying what McElwain is selling, and that’s the chance to win a championship. With Corral on board, the Gators have that chance.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
He's still doing it at Miami.

Maybe Mac's clothes on cannonball will become a tradition. :lol3:

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jeez, it's gotten competitive recruitwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator