Mac jumping in the tears of his haters

URGatorBait

Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
That's fine. Just don't video it and put it out on the world wide web. You've never seen Saban or Meyer in a video like that. They would be embarrassed.
who gives a schit? :lol2:

I've seen nothing but positives from the recruits on it. They are all that matters currently

URGatorBait

Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Every celebration penalty we get this year can be attributed directly to this video.
giphy.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
under chump, every offseasons class was regarded as really good by most, under mac his first class was considered an absolute coup because of the situation he walked into, second year was meh but there was plenty of pumping optimism about "diamonds in the rough." This last class was all rainbows and unicorns, and now even though its not even 2018 yet we are celebrating like we just signed all these verbals. Your memory is quite one-sided.

I said the same thing last year. We always seem to be winning in the summer but not so much in the fall. I'll keep saying it until that changes.

:what:

GatorJ

Hopeful
I just realized this **** has me blocked on twitter..probably for criticizing Mac...pussy
That's fine. Just don't video it and put it out on the world wide web. You've never seen Saban or Meyer in a video like that. They would be embarrassed.

There are quite a few videos that these coaches publish of them letting loose and having fun with the recruits.

I've seen at least half a dozen regarding Saban.

A 10 second google search brought this one up.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1929277-nick-saban-does-the-electric-slide-at-recruit-gathering

gardnerwebbgator

Aight Then
Lifetime Member
I don't dislike Mac, just not confident in his supposed offensive genius.

Let's hope the chlorine from the pool somehow got on his teeth.

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member
Nuss was already at the emergency room - he stayed submerged too long.

Title extension to ... "Mac jumping in the tears of his haters, making such a big splash". And it covers 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Still, 2017 must, must be a commanding year on the field of play ... like does this mean we'll block punts & field-goals like Meyer's teams did?
Does this automatically mean big-jumps in player development? Will we score too much for our opponents to keep up with. Will we very easily handle-shamble cream-puff teams? Will we have leads that lets the coming-years' players get "real-game" experience? etc., etc. = proof.

MacnCrew better not let these players down.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Nuss was already at the emergency room - he stayed submerged too long.

Title extension to ... "Mac jumping in the tears of his haters, making such a big splash". And it covers 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Still, 2017 must, must be a commanding year on the field of play ... like does this mean we'll block punts & field-goals like Meyer's teams did?
Does this automatically mean big-jumps in player development? Will we score too much for our opponents to keep up with. Will we very easily handle-shamble cream-puff teams? Will we have leads that lets the coming-years' players get "real-game" experience? etc., etc. = proof.

MacnCrew better not let these players down.

The players need to play with swagger and more importantly the coaches need to coach with swagger. Screw being conservative. Lets go for it all.

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member
The players need to play with swagger and more importantly the coaches need to coach with swagger. Screw being conservative. Lets go for it all.

So true Gatormandan, to do otherwise would make all this false bravado. Go now Gators - all you kids.

NVGator

Lifetime Member
I disagree with this. Meyer would do this kind of stuff back at Utah. The problem is, Mac's career accomplishments are currently equivalent to Meyer back at Utah.

Anyone else see a problem here?

GatorJB

Lifetime Member
It's been a great week and I'm excited again for the first time since Grier left.

But I don't want these coaches to rest on their laurels or get complacent. This type of recruiting is what's expected every day at Florida and he needs to keep it up. "Recruit or die".

There's also the saying, "act like you've been there".

But he hasn't "been there" before. Not as a head coach anyways. One could argue that this past weekend was one of the best recruiting weekends of his career.

I'm really glad he is having success now. I just hope that continues through the fall. He's been taking one step forward and then one step backward for two years, which is why we had zero improvement thus far. This year, however, he's taken three steps forward with the bowl win, salvaging an almost disastrous 2017 class, and now building up the 2018 class. Let's see if he can finally not take any steps backwards when the season starts. That will be difficult to do with our defensive depth and the fact that Nuss is still calling plays while Nord is watching (definitely not coaching) our special teams.

ATXGator

Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
under chump, every offseasons class was regarded as really good by most, under mac his first class was considered an absolute coup because of the situation he walked into, second year was meh but there was plenty of pumping optimism about "diamonds in the rough." This last class was all rainbows and unicorns, and now even though its not even 2018 yet we are celebrating like we just signed all these verbals. Your memory is quite one-sided.

I said the same thing last year. We always seem to be winning in the summer but not so much in the fall. I'll keep saying it until that changes.

I remember everybody on this board thinking the class last year was horrible and there was no way he would manage Top 10. The year before I remember people saying he got some good kids, but most people were bashing that he was not in the Top 10. The year before he did manage to scrounge together a class at the last minute....

You and I have very different memories, but I have never once thought we "won" the offseason. As far as signing these kids... Matty Ice is being pretty vocal so I think it is unlikely that he doesn't end up here. He is also on track to be an EE.

I think a lot of these kids want to play with him and will stay. We will lose some... everybody does, but I think most of what we have right now sticks and the staff had reason to celebrate. They had a fantastic Friday night lights... got a 5* QB who is already bringing in more talent.

Is there work to do? Of course? Do they need to have success when the games start... Yes... can we finally enjoy a week of good news without somebody dumping on it... apparently not on this board...

ATXGator

Austin Gator
Lifetime Member

The players and recruits seem to be reacting pretty well to it on twitter. I don't expect Mac to act like Saban and Meyer... he isn't Saban and Meyer. He hasn't earned the ability to just sit there, he is using social media to his advantage as are his coaches and it seems to be making a difference. It is becoming a big part of the game.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
The players and recruits seem to be reacting pretty well to it on twitter. I don't expect Mac to act like Saban and Meyer... he isn't Saban and Meyer. He hasn't earned the ability to just sit there, he is using social media to his advantage as are his coaches and it seems to be making a difference. It is becoming a big part of the game.
Of course a bunch of 17 year old kids love it when there coach acts like they do. But at some point he'll have to command their respect and be an authority figure. Not their friend.

I don't have a problem with them celebrating a great week. There's just a fine line of acting like a premier coach at a top college and acting like Lane Kiffin when it comes to recruiting. Mac is somewhere in between right now. I think we can all agree his reputation has been that of a lazy recruiter. Acting like all the horses are in the barn and they can kick back and have a beer and relax is what I'm afraid of. He had a lot of work to keep these guys to stick and get 10 more just like them.

He's basically spent 3 years getting OJT at our expense and I think he's finally understanding how hard he has to work to be successful on the recruiting trail. We shall see.

Durty South Swamp

doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
I remember everybody on this board thinking the class last year was horrible and there was no way he would manage Top 10. The year before I remember people saying he got some good kids, but most people were bashing that he was not in the Top 10. The year before he did manage to scrounge together a class at the last minute....

You and I have very different memories, but I have never once thought we "won" the offseason. As far as signing these kids... Matty Ice is being pretty vocal so I think it is unlikely that he doesn't end up here. He is also on track to be an EE.

I think a lot of these kids want to play with him and will stay. We will lose some... everybody does, but I think most of what we have right now sticks and the staff had reason to celebrate. They had a fantastic Friday night lights... got a 5* QB who is already bringing in more talent.

Is there work to do? Of course? Do they need to have success when the games start... Yes... can we finally enjoy a week of good news without somebody dumping on it... apparently not on this board...
Again, youre memory is very one sided., the pumping over that second class was monumental. It wasn't a good class, but that didnt stop the mac brigade from posting quite a bit about how many diamond in the rough 3 stars we got b/c of how much better mac and co are at evaluating talent. And lots of effort to find the recruiting source who rated the class the highest. One place had us at 14 and that was pumped a lot, then compared to other individuals who later won something significant as if to say mac is equivalent to them.

There were plenty of people saying last years class was horrible, they were called dumpers. There were also plenty who said the same thing about the first class, and called the same as a result. But there was also a lot of pumping both years. I actually did a good bit of pumping the first class based on the situation, but the second class was inexcusable after the time he had to settle in, and the supposed great accomplishment of winning the east that pumpers claimed was very important and signficant. I was pleased with this class, and am very very pleased with the trend we are on right now for the 2018 class, but those kids aren't signed, and i would expect quite a few of them would jump ship quickly if we come out and look like another abortion on offense.

This fall's production on the field is what matters and is what will make these kids stick, not some pool or pizza party, and certainly not the tweets of a bunch of 17 year olds. Kids these days are as fickel and impressionable as ever; no loyalty and lots of games and trolling. Mark my words, we have another muschampion type 100+ offensive year and this recruiting class everyone is celebrating will be an epic bust. THAT is why some of us aren't doing cartwheels yet. Sorry if that bothers you.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
I disagree with this. Meyer would do this kind of stuff back at Utah. The problem is, Mac's career accomplishments are currently equivalent to Meyer back at Utah.

Anyone else see a problem here?
I seem to recall Creyer winning a BCS game at Utah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.