• Total voters

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As to Mac's depressed, deflated affect:
1) He's twisting inside because he knows that he has to fire his good friend Nuss. That cricket-tribe's diatribe is poundingly echoing in his head.
2) Also, he might be gut-punched with the realization that his "I'm your buddy" coaching philosophy is bunk.

As to Spurrier:
1) he uplifted perrenial losers Duke & USCe
2) he plowed through the SEC at UF
3) There may be NCAA restrictions on how much involved he can be in "coaching" in any manner
4) IMO there's no way for Steve to be a "sorta" OC "helper". It's a one mind dictator/trainer all the way.

However, Ambassador Spurrier did tell Mac straight-out : "Call it BarBKewl Sauce."

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017
1) He's twisting inside because he knows that he has to fire his good friend Nuss. That cricket-tribe's diatribe is poundingly echoing in his head.
2) Also, he might be gut-punched with the realization that his "I'm your buddy" coaching philosophy is bunk.

As to Spurrier:
3) There may be NCAA restrictions on how much involved he can be in "coaching" in any manner
4) IMO there's no way for Steve to be a "sorta" OC "helper". It's a one mind dictator/trainer all the way.

However, Ambassador Spurrier did tell Mac straight-out : "Call it BarBKewl Sauce."
Yup, agree with all your points. As to #3, how does NCAA define "coaching"? Is encouraging a long ball to a receiver who knows how to get to a spot "coaching"? Nah, that's just consulting. As to #4, I agree.
Steve is more than a sorta helper. Mac is acting like a guy who super-fabululous predecessor is in the house.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's just a pride thing. He's heard some criticisms this last year he didn't like, and he legitimately thought he'd prove those critics wrong this year. Well one game in he did the exact opposite by proving critics right and now the noise is louder. I think he's disappointed in himself and probably a little depressed by it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Meh - I think he's adopting the Saban plan. Saban always looks like he just watched a puppy die.

Mac has had an uneasy relationship with the media almost from day one because he's pretty adept at deflecting or partially answering their question. He's not as combative as Muschamp or Meyer but he's clearly irritated when the tone & focus don't honor the hard work and victories.

It could also be gamesmanship.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Meh - I think he's adopting the Saban plan. Saban always looks like he just watched a puppy die.

Mac has had an uneasy relationship with the media almost from day one because he's pretty adept at deflecting or partially answering their question. He's not as combative as Muschamp or Meyer but he's clearly irritated when the tone & focus don't honor the hard work and victories.

It could also be gamesmanship.

This would probably make Saban smile actually

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he was brought in here to get the offense cranked up. He hasn't been able to do it. He doesn't know what else to do. He realizes we are terrible offensively and that except by luck we aren't going to get any better. And he's depressed about it and doesn't want to talk to reporters or give press conferences etc. And perhaps he even feels a little guilty taking 27 million dollars in return for bupkis.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

As to Spurrier:

He's an alum so we could always use him as the scout team QB. :dunno:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's put out a product that should face a huge recall and yet he doesn't know what to call?
Mac's vision downturn is wrong. He should be up because he's got a "teachable"QB, an astonishing tackle-dodger Toney, a sure-handed tall long-armed WR, several flee-footed WRs, a slippery & fast RB Davis, etc. This is why he's wrong for UF, probably wrong for P-5 teams. Pounce on the elation of winning against the odds. Give these boys specifics of the "hows & whys" -- mostly the "hows".

Oh no, would part of his "I'm your buddy-love you guys" coaching philosophy include having the team see: "Uh Oh, look how sad coach-Mac is. We gotta play harder-better to cheer him up." Is that his player development system?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
but he's clearly irritated when the tone & focus don't honor the hard work and victories.
We honor the never ending blowout losses and general assclownmanship even in every by-the-skin-of-his-teeth victory over terrible teams.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
He's trying to slow it down for us so we can all catch up to the speed of his brain

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think that guy owns s mirror?

------------------------ McMagic-----------------------
Mirror, mirror show me the foolproof ways.
However do we advance the ball?
Must we really practice the exact plays?
I do not believe in details at all.
I tell them all to have confident ways,
but their actual play just seems to stall.
#
#
#
#--- Bite this apple? Who's it from? Swonky? Oh that's nice.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think the gloom and doom demeanor is some facade. I think he knows things are worse than originally thought. That said, I'm holding out hopes this housing director bozo had some dirt on the kids and blackmailed them into the credit card fraud crap. If that ain't what happened, I think we lose a few more players than Smith, Callaway and the one they're still keeping under wraps.
If that's the case, we're in much deeper doo doo that we thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.