• Total voters

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Never said he would...

Though i thought "rumors" were that he and OSU/Pickens didn't really get along all that great

Haha. BS. What rumors and what do do you know about it? Spew some nonsense somewhere else.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Haha. BS. What rumors and what do do you know about it? Spew some nonsense somewhere else.
Not sure why you are trying to start a fight over such a minuscule thing...I have read on other boards in the past that Gundy was not as happy there as he used to be...i have never cared enough to even give it a second thought hence the question...I'm not trying to throw it out as some fact. Go try being a dick someplace else

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why you are trying to start a fight over such a minuscule thing...I have read on other boards in the past that Gundy was not as happy there as he used to be...i have never cared enough to even give it a second thought hence the question...I'm not trying to throw it out as some fact. Go try being a dick someplace else

Just because someone doesn't eat up your sh!t....whatever. You have no dea what you're talking about.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just because someone doesn't eat up you sh!t....whatever. You have no dea what you're talking about.
Ok here you go dipsh!t

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_d89f47f9-2c5f-55e4-b077-57fa8840e3f9.html

"Even if he and booster T. Boone Pickens did not have a warm relationship, they kept their disagreements out of the public sphere."

"But the Cowboys endured a quirky, stressful 2016 season, one that appeared to revive the divide. They lost to Central Michigan on a Hail Mary that should not have happened, a loss that was discussed from September through December. Pickens opened up and rekindled the feud not once but twice — both in a media gathering in the press box before OSU’s season opener and on an Austin American-Statesman podcast the week Oklahoma State played Texas."

"That all led to the last 24-48 hours. It has been a day or two that raises questions about Gundy’s happiness at Oklahoma State. And for the first time since 2012, Gundy appeared to take a ride on the coaching carousel."

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Ok here you go dipsh!t

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_d89f47f9-2c5f-55e4-b077-57fa8840e3f9.html

"Even if he and booster T. Boone Pickens did not have a warm relationship, they kept their disagreements out of the public sphere."

"But the Cowboys endured a quirky, stressful 2016 season, one that appeared to revive the divide. They lost to Central Michigan on a Hail Mary that should not have happened, a loss that was discussed from September through December. Pickens opened up and rekindled the feud not once but twice — both in a media gathering in the press box before OSU’s season opener and on an Austin American-Statesman podcast the week Oklahoma State played Texas."

"That all led to the last 24-48 hours. It has been a day or two that raises questions about Gundy’s happiness at Oklahoma State. And for the first time since 2012, Gundy appeared to take a ride on the coaching carousel."

Wow. You seem pretty touchy about a subject that you admittedly don't know sh!t about. Why the anger? Do you always get this upset when someone disagrees with you or calls you on your buffoonery?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. You seem pretty touchy about a subject that you admittedly don't know sh!t about. Why the anger? Do you always get this upset when someone disagrees with you or calls you on your buffoonery?
Called me on what? On being right? Yeah I'm really pissed about that :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Being right? What are you right about? Zip. Why are you so damn defensive? I guess you're used to always getting your way?
Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension and then revisit this :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:blahblah:.
Listen, I don't agree with you. If this makes you unhappy, I don't know what to say. Grow a bigger set maybe?
Agree with what? It's not an agree or disagree thing. I said there were rumors/reports whatever that he was unahppy and his relationship with Pickens may not be as great as some think. You said I was spewing BS so i supplied a link with direct quotes about it. It's like you saying you disagree that the sky is blue...it doesn't matter you're still wrong. You can try and cover it up by saying I am angry when i am anything but...laughing at you is not anger. You coming at me in your very first response was anger. You picked the fight, you lost, now go run and play in some other thread

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
200w.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand the argument?:dunno: DUDE even shared a link proving what he's saying is a known fact...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was reported that Gundy (and Pigbert) were available when Tinerc and Arky were hiring last. Obviously, Arky hired Pigbert. Was Gundy really ready to go? Just pulling a Stoopsy for a raise? Whether it was true or not is probably irrelevant. Even if true whether he still available today would be the only issue and we (internet cretins) woukdnt really know regardless.

Even if it's available I'm not sure it matters to us. I'm not convinced that our ad has changed that much and that we will be shopping in the aisles that contain the Kellys and Gundys of the world. I still expect us to be looking for bargains in the dent and ding aisle.

The realistic options (meaning within the price range our ad is willing to spend) are in the Sun Belt or Conference USA, Skip Holtz and the like.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
It was reported that Gundy (and Pigbert) were available when Tinerc and Arky were hiring last. Obviously, Arky hired Pigbert. Was Gundy really ready to go? Just pulling a Stoopsy for a raise? Whether it was true or not is probably irrelevant. Even if true whether he still available today would be the only issue and we (internet cretins) woukdnt really know regardless.

Even if it's available I'm not sure it matters to us. I'm not convinced that our ad has changed that much and that we will be shopping in the aisles that contain the Kellys and Gundys of the world. I still expect us to be looking for bargains in the dent and ding aisle.

The realistic options (meaning within the price range our ad is willing to spend) are in the Sun Belt or Conference USA, Skip Holtz and the like.

Left off Kiffin

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is the thing that cracks me up. We have people here who truly believe that Gainesville is such a hot ticket that established coaches at other top ten schools would just pack their bags and come here if offered a few bucks.

OK state a top 10 school? Gonna have to disagree there.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'd like to think that UF is a step up from OK State. Better recruiting, not the second rate school in the state and three NC's in the modern era.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to think that UF is a step up from OK State. Better recruiting, not the second rate school in the state and three NC's in the modern era.
Look, these guys, at least the best, are A++ personalities. Above all the want to win, preferably win it all. That begins with recruiting. In Oklahoma, OU is the flagship and OSU is little brother. Even in their own state they dont habe home field advantage and let's face it Oklahoma's not fertile recruiting grounds anyway. the Oklahoma teams have to live off table scraps out of Texas for the most part.

I know he is an alum and he could choose to do the stay at home plan like Beamer did at Virginia Tech. but there's already some indication that he was thinking about leaving just two years ago. if he is thinking about it we should be able to land him.

There's really only three states that matter in recruiting Texas Florida and California. At EVERY other school you have to go into those states and make a living at overcoming the home field advantage. unfortunately our poor hires have made that possible.

We SHOULDNT be limiting ourselves to Sunbelt and Wac coaches (or asst coaches) with the penny wise pound foolishness that Fooley introduced.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I never said that. I just said you're wrong about the military being paid exceptionally well. At least not the enlisted.

Oh, and those hours are not temporary for enlisted folks. At sea it's always 12on/12off, 7 days a week plus watches. On shore it's always 40hours a week plus watches. When I was young in the Navy supervisors would give guys some time off if they stood a late watch the night before, but that all stopped about the time I had 15 years in. It got to the point where compensation for extra duties was no longer allowed so a 48-56 hour work week was the norm depending on how many duty sections the command was set up for. As I told someone else earlier, at sea work hours were actually more like 16on/8off if you had EXREPs in the shop (which my shops always did because of what I worked on).

Again, I loved the first 16 years of my Navy career, so I'm not complaining, I'm just saying your estimation of monetary compensation is way higher than what I got paid.

Ok, I just looked it up to make sure I'm not talking out my @ss. An E-6, over 18 years base pay is now a tad over $45k before taxes. And I'm not buying BAH and COMRATS adds another $15k a year, but I suppose it could come close to that, so I'll give you a pass this time.

Navet, I'm in agreement w/ you that the lowest E's aren't "paid well". I joined in 89 and I remember my first paychecks were around $300!

Here's the BAH calculator (this is just BAH, does not include BAS):

https://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/pdcgi/bah/bahsrch.cgi

An E6 living in the DC area gets $2,586 (w/ dependent's) and $2,004 (without). So, an E6 with is getting $31,000+ tax free/year just for housing. Then they are earning (taking from your post, I didn't look this up) another $45K.....then they get a few thousand in BAS. So, they're making around $80K....as an E6!!

Sure, if you're in an operational unit (ship, air squadron, special forces, etc) you are busy and working a lot of hours. I've worked as many or more hours as an Officer as I have as Enlisted. I was a Corpsman when I was enlisted, I worked 7 days a week at times. When I was in a clinical/hospital job I sometimes worked 40 hour weeks w/ duty once or twice a month. I'm in a staff job now as an officer and I work 40-50 hours a week and do some light travel where I have to work weekends (like when I went to the Michigan/Cincinnati game two weeks ago).

My whole point was, when asked, I said that I feel like I am paid well (and sometimes/often times, feel over paid). I really like my job and I'm happy and grateful for it. But I paid my dues as an enlisted man and now I'm 'fat and happy'. BTW, I have a Master Chief (most senior enlisted man, E9) and he works the same exact schedule that I do. He's earned it. In fact, I take on more duties than he does....because I'm "junior" to a Master Chief (don't tell OUR master chief here!!). But a 20 year old uneducated E4 is even making $1650/month in BAH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.