Aug 11, 2015
8c07c49b08165084d1f988e686d86929.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sorry. Where did I say you weren't a Gator fan? Maybe you should put the Zima's down.

Ox will never put-down Zima.
It's like I always say: "You should live so long as to hear me talk like an old jewish lady."

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Raises for crapping their drawers when the pressure gets put on. Lovely.

Stricklin is doing a wonderful job bringing the Starkville attitude of .500 level mediocrity being acceptable performance to the athletic department thus far. Dumbass.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Raises for crapping their drawers when the pressure gets put on. Lovely.

Stricklin is doing a wonderful job bringing the Starkville attitude of .500 level mediocrity being acceptable performance to the athletic department thus far. Dumbass.

You can look at Stricklin and tell he is a pansy-ass pussy. Reminds me of "Spanky" Hart.
:facepalm:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin has a noodle arm and a misspelled name.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I'm still waiting for 2222 to show up with horse Shyte stats to corroborate this premature 13 year old "my dick just went off in my hand watching skinemax" move our AD just made

He actually liked my post, so I'm thinking he must be in the same boat, or roughly near it anyway. :dunno:

In my opinion, most people are making a bigger deal of this than it warrants. That's pretty much par for the course around here.

They gave Mac a 4.5% raise and a ONE year extension. That's pretty much the least amount they could give him while still calling it a raise. In my opinion, this is the boss telling Mac congratulations on getting to Atlanta, but let's keep things moving in the right direction. With the new contract, Mac is the 5th highest paid football coach in the SEC. I think that is about where most of the negators would place him.

I also think it is the administration telling recruits that they support Mac and he will still be around despite the grumbling they may hear from the vocal minority on the internet. This recruiting cycle is showing a lot of potential. The last thing we need is an announcement that the administration refused to give Mac a raise or extension. If that were to be used against us by opposing coaches then recruiting could unravel quickly. I think everyone can agree that assisting our recruiting efforts is worth $200,000.

They gave him a $200,000 raise (again, 4.5%), but almost doubled the incentive pay adding $425,000 to the amount he can earn by achieving at a high level. Again, I would think most negators would approve of a contract structure where the majority of any possible raise only comes through incentives.

I just don't see this as the world shattering event some are portraying it to be.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't give a flying fcck about the raise...it's the buy out. Why raise that? They added $3.5 mill to an already high buy out.

Nice dodge.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's a good post, Gator2222. Some of us need to read between the lines more. Sometimes you do things half to send a message to the present, half to the future. Regardless whether you believe in Mac or you don't, the undeniable truth is the Florida head coaching position was undercompensated prior to yesterday and it remains middle of the road. This sends as much of a message to potential future hires as it does to Mac.

The base pay increase pales in comparison to incentives. That's logical in my book. And the buyout is offset immediately by income from work outside Florida, which is also logical. That's not insurmountable. We're flush with cash.

Mac was going to be here minimum two more seasons no matter how you look at it. This gives him a better opportunity to succeed and the administration a better chance to evaluate whether to seriously hitch its wagon.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I don't give a flying fcck about the raise...it's the buy out. Why raise that? They added $3.5 mill to an already high buy out.

Nice dodge.

LOL, you know a simple "yeah, but what about the buyout?" would have done.

They added $250,000 per year on the buyout.

I would prefer we never give coaches buyouts. However, that's not how it works nowadays. I agree, I would prefer not to raise the buyout. Having said that, in college football money terms, it's a fairly small bump. We aren't privy to what happens behind the scenes. I'll chalk it up to not sure why it happened, but not earth shattering.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Nice dodge.

Where do you come up with that figure? The news account I read stated the buyout was increased by 250k.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And where, oh where, is this home run hire that would instantly assure us an SEC title and a national championship run? There is none. Once again, two home run hires in 27 years. That's the record here at Florida.

You want to exert pressure? Exert it on Mac if the offensive fails to measure up again in 2017. It needs to show improvement or Nussie needs to go. Mac can't use the excuse that he's got too little time to convert to a new coordinator now that he's been given an extra year.

I actually think the administration has done a good job of hemming him in. Extra incentives, an extra year. He's got no excuse for not taking us to the next level now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And where, oh where, is this home run hire that would instantly assure us an SEC title and a national championship run? There is none. Once again, two home run hires in 27 years. That's the record here at Florida.

You want to exert pressure? Exert it on Mac if the offensive fails to measure up again in 2017. It needs to show improvement or Nussie needs to go. Mac can't use the excuse that he's got too little time to convert to a new coordinator now that he's been given an extra year.

I actually think the administration has done a good job of hemming him in. Extra incentives, an extra year. He's got no excuse for not taking us to the next level now.
He has no excuse...nor the ability IMO.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He has no excuse...nor the ability IMO.

I don't know that he has it either. I also don't know if changing horses right now wouldn't potentially set us back another four years. We can't constantly shuffle the deck. Each one sets you back two to four years minimum. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Um, that's not 3.5 mil.
Assuming as most of us do that he's fired after 2018. That's 250k extra for four years (2019, 20, 21, 22) equals 1mil plus 2.5 mil for 2023. Or go to the OP and do your own math.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming as most of us do that he's fired after 2018. That's 250k extra for four years (2019, 20, 21, 22) equals 1mil plus 2.5 mil for 2023. Or go to the OP and do your own math.

One extra year on the contract = 2.5 million, an increase of 250k.

McElwain would receive $2.5 million for each year, an increase of $250,000 with his new deal.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
One extra year on the contract = 2.5 million, an increase of 250k.
"They've added an extra $250,000 obligation per year left on his contract." From 2.25 mil to 2.5 mil.
PLUS they added a year. 2.5 mil

However I'm wrong about the year of the extension. It extends through 2022 not 2023 (That's White).
So it's an extra 250k for 2019, 20, 21 That equals $750k. Plus the extra year (2022) 2.5 mil.

So the total is $3.25 Mil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.